Another month has gone by so it's time to go through my beauty trash and see what I thought about the products I used up!
I knew that I had gone through quite a lot of stuff last month, but I am surprised at just how much I went through! There are a few things that I regularly go through in a month and quite a few things that I have been using for quite some time, the never ending products. I am really going to make a push in November to get through my sample/deluxe size stash.
On to my thoughts on what I used up for October 2015!
- Dial - Coconut Water & Bamboo Leaf Extract Hydrating Body Wash - I got this in a Shoppers back to school value pack and was surprised at how much I liked it. The scent was fresh and it did not dry my skin. Repurchase? Probably
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - I quite frequently go through these cotton pads that I pick up at Dollarama. I only use them for removing my nail polish and applying my toner. They don't fall abart so thats a win, not to mention they are a whooping $1! Repurchase? Already have
- Bath & Body Works Dancing Waters Foaming Hand Soap - We really like Bath & BodyWorks hand soaps. They smell great and don't dry out your hands, I have one of these in bvarious scents at every sink in the house! Repurchase? Always, but on sale!
- Bath & BodyWorks Eucalyptus Mint Foaming Hand Soap - See above! I really liked this scent for in the kitchen, I hope this wasn't a seasonal scent! Repurchase? Always
- Fresh - Lotus Eye Gel - I picked up this sample at Sephora to try out, and was glad I had gotten a sample. I found that this eye cream wasn't quite moisturizing enough for me. It felt great going on but a few hours later I noticed my under eye area looked almost older, drier than usual. Repurchase? Doubt it
- Ole Henriksen Total Truth Vitamin C Eye Cream - ANother sample from Sephora, on my search for a day eue cream. I really wanted to like this one as my sister really likes Ole Henriksen face products. Sadly this one didn't make the cut either. First strike-it comes in a pot, second it is really thick! I mean like really thick, balm like texture. I found this really hard to spread under my eye without tugging quite a bit. It did do a great job of moisturizing, maybe a little to good. It made whatever mascara I wore smudge! I am guessing it was this eye cream as mascara that I hadn't had a problem with suddenly gave me racoon eyes! Purchase? No
- Bath & BodyWorks Pure Paradise Triple Moisture Body Cream - I am a fan of Bath & BodyWorks body cream. It does a great job of moisturizing my skin and it comes in a tube! I doubt I would pick up this scent again though, it was great at first but I quickly grew tired of it, I think it may have been the Star Fruit scent that I got tired of, it was almost to sticky sweet smelling. Repurchase? Not in this scent, but others? Already have
- Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Towelettes - I have at least one of these in every empties post, I love these wipes! Not mush more I can say about these wipes that I haven't said already! If you have a Costco membership give them a try! Repurchase? Always
- Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel - This was from the Peter Thomas Roth set I picked up last month. I used this in the morning in the shower and it did a great job of cleaning my face in the mornign. I did try it at night and still found traces of makeup afterword. It didn't dry out my face though whcih wasa good thing. Repurchase? I wouldn't say no to it in another set but I wouldn't go out of my way to pay full price for it.
- Ecru Acacia Protein BB Cream for Hair - I think I got this in a beauty subscription box? I used this when I got out of the shower to help with tangles before combing my hair. It worked ok, nothing spectacular, I didn't find it did much for holding my waves in. Repurchase? Maybe? If it was a good price.
- Lancôme Bi-Facial Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover - I recieved this as a GWP for something I am sure! I can see why everyone raves about this stuff! It made quick work of removing my mascara and Kat Von D liner! It just seemed to melt everything off. Repurchase? Probably, I do have a few other removers to get through first.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray - Fianlly a product form my Sephora Favorities Superstars 2014, my first post from November 2014! I really liked this Beach Spray, it didn't give me crunchy, dry hair at all, it helped to give more definitiion to my wavy hair. I rarely bother to straighten my hair in the summer so this was a agreat product to spray in after my hair had partly air dried already. The smell was nice and fresh, not sweet. Repurchase? Maybe in the Summer.
- Origins GinZing Energy-boosting Moisturizer - This was from the Origins set I picked up at the end of June, and reviewed here. I really liked this moisturizer for day under my makeup. It was just enough moisture. I wouldn't say no to this if it came in another set, but sadly wouldn't buy a full size. It comes in a pot and I hate sticking my fingers in creams! Repurchase? If it starts coming in a tube, definitely!
- Secret Clinical Invisible Solid in Completely Clean - I recieved this sample size from BzzAgent to try out. When I used it as directed at night, it did keep me dry thfoughout the day, it waas actually to dry! I found my underarms got uncomfortable dry and almost seemed to be rubbing against my skin! It was a very wierd feeling. I did not sweat at all, so it does do what it says but for me it was to uncomfortable. I did use it as I would normally use a antiperspirant, appling in th emorning, and it was much more cmofortable that way. Repurchase? Only if it was on a really good sale, it is regularly almost $8 for a full size and I have others that work well for less. I might pick this up if I had an event where I was worried about sweating though!
- Lancôme La Base Pro Pore Eraser - Not sure where this came from! My pores on my cheeks are starting to become fairly noticable to me lately so I am trying out different 'pore eraser' primers. This one did an ok job of filling in my pores, but I could feel it on my skin all day. Repurchase? Doubt it, but I wouldn't say no to more samples to see if I can get to work for me!
- Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask - This was the mask I decided to try out last month from Lush. It is said to cleanse and soften, ideal for all skin types. I liked this mask ok, the rose scent is very strong though. The little bits of seaweed? were a little strange though and flaked off my face! Repurchase? Maybe
- Schick Intuition Advanced Moisture - These are another product that I go through every month. I pick these up at Costco as well, great price for a great product. No messing with shaving cream and a razor in the shower. Repurchase? Already have
- Make Up Forever HD Primer - This was a deluxe sample of the old MUFE primers. I really liked this primer, it didn't do much for my pores but it did a great job of helping to prolong the wear of my primer. I can't find this primer on the Sephora site so I am guessing the new Step primers have replaced it. Repurchase? Sadly I don't think I can
- Clarisonic Delicate Brush head - I though I would try out the Delicate head as I usually get the Sensitive head and was somdering if it was a little to rough for my face. This brush head was definietly softer than the Senitive but I am not sure it is getting my face quite as clean. I do have another one to try out after the Radiance head (Yay, I finally got to use it!) that I picked up in the 500 Point perk form the Summer. Repurchase? I have a few brush heads to get through still before I need another one.
- Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer in Fair/Light - I know that this is not empty but the concealer in this duo is to thick for my under eye area, it cakes up and seems to give me wrinkles! This was in my 'Finish 5 by Fall' tag that I did and I am happy that I have finally finished it up! Repurchase? No, I have found a corrector I like much better!
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair eye - I tryed this night eye cream based on a few reviews I had read last year! This little pot lasted forever. It feels great going on and sinks in fairly quickly. I am not sure if I noticed lightening of eye circles, but I think it was doing a good job on bags! I am working through my stash of other eye creams and have noticed that since I stopped using this I seem to have bags? I can't remeber having them like this before. I will keep trying the new ones but I have a feeling I will be picking up this little jar of goodness again very soon dispite the $65 CAD price tag, for the length of time it lasts me it is worth it! Repurchase? I am leaning more towards it once I finish up something else.
- Lush Oat Fix Face Mask - When I picked up BB Seaweed face mask the associate asked me if I had tried out this one, when I said no he asked if I would like a sample of it to try out as well. Of course I said yes, I can't seem to say no to samples! I really like the smell of this one! It almost smells like cookies to me! It is a really thick mask, it was actually really hard to spread on my face. I left it on for quite a while and it never seemed to fully dry? Maybe it wasn't supposed to. I think I amy pick this one up in the coming months to give it more of a try. Repurchase? I think so!
- Daisy Dream - I have so many perfume samples! I am slowly remebering that I have a candle holder full of perfume samples to try out! Daisy Dream is a fragance that I have alreadypick up in a mini size, it has a nice light fruity/floaral scent which I really like, especially for Spring/Summer. Repurchase? I have already picked up a mini of this.
Wow that was a long post! If you made it to the end of this text heavy post I hope you found this Trip Through My Trash helpful for you! I found a few great products that I really wish were packaged differently in their full size versions. Along with a few that I can no longer get. And as always the repeat offenders! What are your repeat offenders that you use up over and over again? Let me know what they are, I am always on the hunt for new products to try.
Links are to previous posts.