This will be last Ipsy bag as I canceled it in March. I just found I wasn't using barely anything if anything at all that I received. I haven't been really excited about them for quite a while now. I still think it is a good deal for someone just starting out in makeup and figuring out what they like, I just never seemed to receive samples that worked for my skin type and coloring. I did love it when I got brushes though! The price has jumped as well for us Canadians as well with the dropping Canadian dollar, mine was almost $19 CAD, a little pricey when you don't use most of it.
Here is a picture of my Ipsy bag for March.
In my bag I received:
- Pur-lisse Beauty - pur-delicate gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover. I have not used this yet but plan on using this next in the shower.
- Pixi by Petra - Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Apricot Glow. I have tried this and they are nice colors. They applied well with little fall out and lasted fairly well. I would buy more of these f I could find them in store.
- Equitance - brightening serum and spot corrector. I have not tried this yet and am unsure if I will. I don't really have any dark spots but may try it for brightening.
- NYX Cosmetics - Butter Lipstick in Pops. This is a nice lipstick but I didn't find that the color looked great on me. I liked how creamy it was going on and it decent lasting power, I may try to find this in another shade.
- Evelyn Iona Cosmetics - Concealer in Flawless (medium Ivory). I have tried this as a spot concealer and did not find it worked that great and faded fairly quickly. I did not even try this on my under eyes as it is not the type of concealer I would use on my under eyes as it is thick. I have read online that others have used it as a brow bone hilight, I may try it for that.
Not a bad bag but sadly nothing that I am that excited about. I am glad that I have cancelled Ipsy as like I said I am not really using anything in it. I have signed up for Birchbox and have received the March box. I will review my box next week.
Have you been receiving Ipsy or Birchbox? Are you enjoying your box?