The Garnier Clean + Makeup Removing Lotion Cleanser(*) (that's a mouthful!) was sent to me for review about 2 weeks ago. I have been using it every night for the past week and it has been doing a great job of removing stubborn waterproof/long wear makeup. It has a creamy gel like consistency that I find spreads really easily, meaning that you don't need a lot for it to do its job. I found it to be nice and creamy and hydrating, maybe a little to hydrating for my whole face. I especially likes this for removing my eye makeup as I found I didn't have to rub as hard as I did with my make up wipes.
I put the 2 to a test on my hand and the Garnier one won in my eyes!
- The contenders! Garnier Clean + vs Kirkland Daily Facial Towels
- The swatches: Tarte Waterproof Brow Mousse(Taupe), Stila Stay All Day Liner(Intense Black), Kat Von D liquid lipstick(Berlin) and ELF HD Blush(Headliner)
- On the left is a small drop of Garnier massaged in for about 30 sec and wiped once with a cotton pad. On the right 1 swipe with the Kirkland wipe.
- One more small application with Garnier, rubbing about 5 times with the Kirkland.
- The aftermath of cleaning up.
The side that I used the Garnier on was much softer compard to the Kirkland wipe.
I could not just use the Garnier for my whole face and not wash it afterwards as I could feel a film on my face which I did not like. But as for using this as a first step in makeup removal at the end of the day I would say this performed better than I thought.
I found this last night at Walmart for $6.97 and at that price I would definitely buy this again.
Have any of you tried this or other makeup removers? Id there another brand I should try?
Disclaimer-This product was provided for review by Garnier Canada, the opinions, pictures and language are my own, and in no way affect Garnier Canada