I know I am late posting about this box but I signed up later in the month so I received my box fairly late. I cancelled Ipsy as I found that I just wasn't using most of the products. Don't get me wrong Ipsy is a great subscription if you are fairly adventurous, I am not so a lot of the products came in colors that I just would not leave the house with them on. I am also not really in need of a ton of makeup samples anymore, I am trying to get through some of them now!
I was interested in trying Birchbox since I found out you could get it in Canada. So with the rising exchange rate and really not being to excited about Ipsy anymore I decided to switch. I am glad that I did because I love my first box!
I am very happy with my first Brichbox. I will try/use 4 out of 5 items, which i am quite impressed by. I received items that are actually useful to me! The theme for March was 'Creativity'
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - I am excited to try this as I use an exfoliator before I do a face mask and I do have a few dry patches on my face. I will be using this after I finish another sample of an exfoliator.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - I have been growing my hair to donate and it has gotten so long that I need to put something in it after I wash it so I can comb through it.
- BeautyBlender - Who wouldn't want one! I have not tried this cult product but am looking forward to it. I have also read that the cleanser is great for washing brushes.
- Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream - I am always in need of a small size cream to keep at my desk at work so this will definitely be used.
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner - This was the only sample that I probably won't use but my daughter has already claimed it, so it to will be used.
I think that this is a great start for a beauty box for me. I will use almost all the products and nothing is in a 'weird' (to me) color. The inclusion of the beauty blender more than made up for the price of $14.95 CAD. Have you tried out Birchbox? What are your thoughts?