I originally saw this set on YouTube a few months ago as it was a QVC special set. I was quite interested in it than but with the exchange rate as it was I didn't get it. I was so surprised and happy when I saw that The Shopping Channel had the exact same set at the same price as the QVC one, only this was in CAD! I got this as the Blockbuster deal and it was $59.96 +tax and shipping which came to a total of $75.66, not to bad!
I picked up the kit in the shade light. I was really hoping that I had picked right but wasn't to worried as I made sure I could exchange it if it was the wrong color before I bought it. I really wish there was somewhere you could test It Cosmetics to better pick your shade. I think that the only place to get It Cosmetics in Canada is The Shopping Channel (please let me know if you know of anywhere else you can get it in Canada). Luckily for me Light is a good match (I am 160 Ivorie in Lancome Teint Idole 24H).
In the Blockbuster set you get -
- The New CC+ Cream Illumination (Light) ($38.00)- This is the newest addition to their CC+ and it still boosts the SPF 50. I have not seen that high of an SPF in a CC or BB cream before. I am getting older and now realize the importance of using SPF so this will give me a good dose of it. It also has a lot of anti-aging ingredients as well. This comes in 5 shades, Fair, Light, Medium, Tan and Rich.
- Vitality Face Disc (38.00)- This compact is HUGE! This has a matte bronzer, satin blush and Luminizing highlighter. These powders are all really soft and smooth and very pigmented.
- Pretty In Spring Eye Shadow Trio (24.00) - These eye shadows are as soft and buttery as Urban Decays and I can see myself using these a lot. I find that the only one with shimmer is the cream shade.
- Heavenly Luxe Radiance Wand Brush (48.00)- OMG this brush is so soft! I have washed it and there was no shedding and it kept its shape. Everything you have heard about the It Cosmetics Brushes is true!
- Heavenly Luxe No Tug Eye Shadow Brush (24.00) - This brush is soft as well and had no shedding when I washed it. I can see the smudge end being very good for smudging out shadows as it has just the right amount of give to it.
This kit has a regular retail value of $172.00 if you purchased everything seperately so it is a great value at $59.96 as the Blockbuster Deal, even at the regular price of $89.95 its till not a bad deal. Needless to say I am happy I was able to pick this up and also that I guessed right on the color. If you are wanting to try It Cosmetics CC+ Cream this is a great way to get to try it as well as a few other products from It as well. They have a few other products I am interested in trying and the prices look to be the same as the US prices. Shipping was $6.99 which isn't really that bad.
I will definitely get a review up soon on these products! Have you tried anything from It Cosmetics? What should I try next?