Happy Canada Day! I hope if you are off you are able to enjoy the festivities around your town/city. I unfortunately have to work but may try to get to see some fireworks tonight.
My June Birchbox came fairly early this month, which was nice. This months theme was 'Say Yes' and the outside of my box had 'Adventure' on a beautiful sunset colored box. I have seen in other reviews, pictures that not all the boxes where the same this month which is nice. In this months box along with the products, everyone recieved a card with a code on it to enter on the Birchbox.ca website to win a prize, I got a 20% coupon code for the Birchbox shop. Not to bad! There was also a card with Meghan Markle (editor-in-chief of The Tig) Top travel Tips, I thought that was a nice touch.
Here are the products I received this month.
- Beauty Protector - Beauty Wash Body Cleanser - This rich, foamy gel cleanses skin without drying, and has a dreamily sweet scent. I found it to have a soft vanilla-y scent.
- Coastal Scents - Revealed 3 Eyeshadow quad - Versatile range of satiny-smooth shadows in wear-with-anything hues. I love the colors I received in this little quad, the one I got is called Desert Bloom and includes a matte brown, golden shimmer, cranberry shimmer, and a taupe-y pink shimmer. All but the taupe-y shimmer swatched really well and I am excited to give these a try as I have never tried anything from Coastal Scents before.
- Naobay - Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer - Made with avocado and olive oils, this 98% natural cream nourishes and hydrates skin. I am trying to use up samples of face cream until there is a GWP for Clinique to get my old stand by so I will more than likely use this. (Tig Pick)
- Parlor by Jeff Chastain - Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray - This celeb stylist's new nondrying spray gives you soft, beachy waves-and smells amazing. I actually don 't find that the smell of this is that great. But since I cut my hair shorter I have been trying out a lot of different styling products in my hair as I no longer need to wear it up all the time. This will definitely be given a shot! (Tig Pick)
- Skyn Iceland - Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - Peptide-packed cooling treatment to hydrate and refresh stressed skin under the eyes. I was glad when I saw this in my box, I didn't get this when I was subscribed to Ipsy and I had wanted to try it out. (Tig Pick)
Bonus - We received a 6th product in our boxes this month which was a nice surprise.
- Pura Vida - Lace Headband with Charm - We've added in this Pura Vida headband to add polish to any style. I got mine in a nice denim blue, I probably won't wear this outside the house but it will definitely still get used as I am forever losing the ones I have and like to use them to keep my hair out of my face when I am doing a mask.
I think this months Birchbox was another decent one. I know that it is nothing like Ipsy, you barely get an makeup. But for me I am enjoying getting a box that I will try most everything in the box, instead of it sitting in a drawer collecting dust and going bad.
Do you get any monthly subscriptions? The last few Ipsy bags have been really nice but I am still not quite tempted to go back. I like to pick out my own colors and not always get black eyeliner and red/purple/sparkley lipsticks!