When Angela from Raincouver Beauty asked if anyone would be interested in doing a 5 by fall challenge I jumped at the chance! I have far to many products taking up room in my stash. Since I became really interested in makeup just over 2 years ago, I have gotten quite the collection. I am very quickly influenced to try any new thing that comes out! My family have started asking me if I have enough yet? The answer is always no! There is always something new to try and I am having a blast trying everything out! I now that there is probably no way to use up what I have, but I am going to give it my best shoot (while adding more to it!!)
Anyway back to the reason for the post. The rules, as set out by Angela are
- Pick 5 items (extras are okay) that you want to use up.
- You have until the first day of Fall-September 23, 2015 to make as much progress as you can.
- Make an update post about halfway through (optinol) and a final reveveal on September 23!
- I'll be using #cbbfinish5 to track my progress, and I'd love for yo to do the same!
- Good Luck and have fun! Hope you'll rediscover favorities or just clean out some space in your collection!
A fairly easy set of 5 rules for a Finish 5 by Fall!
Here are my first 5 that I want finished! A few of these are old, or are things I want to finish up because they are close and I want to try something new.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in 4.0 - WOW that's a mouthful of a name. This was my first higher end foundation and it is coming up on 2 years old, gross I know! This foundation was great when my skin was drier, and the color was a perfect match for my skin in late August early September. It is way to dark for me now so I think I may try to mix it with something else? Maybe Estee Lauder Double Wear that is getting a bit to light? I am curious to see how this will last on my newly oily skin as well.
- Sephora Clear Brow gel-I actually picked this up in a kit from Sephora to see how the brow pencil was. I so far have been liking this ok, am anxious to finish this so I can see how it is against the Anastasia one that I got in the Sephora Favorities - Beauty Closet.
- Stila Lip Glaze in Orchid - I am embarrassed to say I do not know when I got this. I think I remember liking the formula? It is really glittery though so I am unsure about this one. It will be getting tossed I am sure if I don't finish it.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil - This was my first lip pencil as well. So about 2 years old, I actually don't know why I stopped using this. I like the color it is creamy and has decent staying power. I think this one will be an easy one to use up.
- Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer Treatment in Fair/Light - I picked this up at Imats in November last year where I got to meet Eve Pearl as well. She is such a nice and helpful women and deserves to do well. I really like the corrector side of this duo, it does a pretty good job of canceling out most of my dark under-eye circles. I have not really used the concealer side of this and think its about time I did. I am pretty sure that I want to pick up another one of these at Imats when I go in September this year. Unless anyone has any other suggestions of something else to try? I have tried the Benefit Erase Paste and I found it to be OK, just didn't wow me.
Now for my bonus 5!
- Revlon Photoready eyeprimer + brightner - I have no clue as to ehen I picked this up or why it is so close to being done. I am fairly confident I can use this up.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer in 010 Ivory - This is also another product that I am not sure of when I got it or why it is almost empty! It has 2 marks on it as when I first pulled it out I thought it was almost full, it was only when I was checking on the color and to make sure it hadn't gone off that I realized it was almost empty. Another one I am fairly confident in my ability to use up.
- Stila Convertible Color in Peony - This is another product that I got in the Sephora Favorites kit. I have been pretty bad about getting all these kits and than forgetting about the products that aren't what I would normally use. I had said in the previous post that this was one of the products I wanted to try out and than promptly forgot about it. Oops. I am hoping that I can at least hit pan on this sample size and get a good idea of whether or not I like it.
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus - This is another product that I have had for almost 2 years. I really like this powder as an all over face powder. I find it leaves a nice finish on the face as a setting powder and can make a foundation that is a touch to light just about right for me. I am hoping to ht pan on this one as well.
- Benefit Hoola - I have had this box 'o powder for just over a year. I actually won this in the first blog contest I entered from Canadian Beauty. It was a huge gift basket filled with a ton of products! I remember being so excited. I have been using this powder for 2 years and still have not hit pan. I really want to hit pan on something!
So there are my Finish 5 by Fall products, plus an extra 5 for good measure. I am really excited to use up/hit pan on all these products. Have any of you done a finish _ by _ challenge before? Are you doing something similar now? If you are please leave me a link in the comments so I can follow along on your progress.
Here are some links to the other CBB ladies participating in the Finish 5 By Fall Challenge.
Raincouver Beauty / Olive & Ivy / Classy On The Run / Holly's Housewife Life / Pink Petals / Beautiful, Free and Wonderful / Be Loverly / I'm Not A Beauty Guru / Tea And Nail Polish / Desire-Plus-An-E