I am finally going to get my Birchbox up early! I received my July Birchbox this week and it is not a bad one! I am still undecided if I will keep it or not. I am looking to see if there is any other beauty subscription that ships to Canada and is a decent price. I have had Ipsy, it always had a lot of makeup but I found the colors where rarely anything that I would use so I have a drawer full of makeup that I really don't see myself ever using. I also have tried Topbox but I found that they were really hit or miss as well, although that was I think 2 years ago that I had that one? Do any of you know of a good beauty subscription service? I think that Birchbox would be a lot better if the Canadian box was similar to the US one.
Now for what I received in my July Birchbox! It would appear that Birchbox partnered with best health for this months box. This months box is said to be filled with products to help you have your happiest, healthiest summer yet.
In my box I recieved :
- Gilchrist & Soames-Spa Therapy Body Lotion- Rich in marine extracts, this paraben-free moisturizer leaves skin smooth, soft, and calm. I can always use more body lotion, I really couldn't smell much of a scent with this lotion.
- Paula's Choice-RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum- This serum fights redness, wrinkles, and age spots while reducing the visible effects of sun damage. I have been interested in trying Paula's Choice products so I am looking forward to giving this a try.
- RUSK Hair Care-Heatshift- Medium-hold, ultra-flexible cream that lets you change up your 'do without adding product. I have heard of Rusk before but it has been along time since I used anything from them. I don't usually restyle my hair into something else after doing it , unless it is to trow it up in a ponytail, so I will probably just use this as a regularly use a styling product.
- theBalm cosmetics-Balm Desert- A blush and bronzer in one, this velvety powder gives a long-wearing, fresh-from-the-beach glow. This is the product I am most excited about! I have never tried anything from theBalm before so this is my first one!
- Vasanti Cosmetics-Detox Nutrient-Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser- This foamy, sulfate-free wash gently removes pore-clogging impurities without overdrying. I can always use another face wash for in the shower!
- In the box there was also a subscription card for best health magazine, one year for $18.97 (reg. 34.93).
So that is what I received in my July Birchbox. Again not the most exciting box but mostly things I will use. I am happy with the chance to try out a product from theBalm as well as Paula's Choice. I also really like the boxes that Birchbox comes in, you can reuse them for so many things, and they aren't all the same. Do you get any beauty subscriptions? What one/s do you enjoy the most?