My Birchbox came early this month! It came before I even got a tracking number emailed to me, I still haven't gotten one. I also missed the sample choice for this month so I don't know what they actually were. Oh well, that's ok at least the box came. The box this month is cute, '2016: The Year Of ________', Birchbox sent us a sheet of stickers with 7 inspirational ideas for us to decide what kind of year 2016 will be for us. I choose 'Ambition' for what I am hoping to do in the new year. I choose ambition as I have set up some goals for myself both blogwise and personal that I will hopefully be able to accomplish.
In my January Birchbox I recieved a good mix of samples, something from quite a few beauty options!
- Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Water-Full Hydrogel Mask - The hydrogel sheet mask is infused with hyaluronis acid, to transform your skin from dry to refreshed and rejuvenated. My face hasn't gotten to dry yet this year as the weather really hasn't gotten to cold yet, but I am sure it is going to change so I will hold onto this mask and use it when I am feeling a little drier!
- Number 4 - Super Comb Prep & Protect - A sulfate-free leave-in conditioner that safeguards color, strengthens, and nourishes. I was not impredded with the last Number 4 product I recieved, a hairspray that smelled like grass, so I guess I will see if this is any better.
- TONYMOLY - Delight Tony Tint - Lightweight, super-pigmented lip stain which dries quickly for a sheer, matte finish that won't budge all day. I think everyone recieved the same red colour this month, I am not a red lip wearer but will give this a try, even if just to see how it wears and if it is a comfortable matte lip.
- too cool for school - DINOPLATZ HIGHLIGHTER - This illuminating cream is formulated with tiny light-catching flecks to perfectly highlight your face. I may try this mixed in with a foundation, the same way I use Mac Strobe Cream. I don't usually use a cream highlighter but I will maybe give it a try that way as well.
- Whish - Three Wishes Body Butter - Luscious, antioxidant-rich formula that firms, softens, and soothes. I just ran out of my last sample of hand cream for my desk at work so I will be taking this in tomorrow, hopefully this one lasts longer on my hands.
Not the most exciting Birchbox even though I did get a nice mix of samples. I am only really interested in the Dr. Jart face mask. But I will give the other porducts a try to see if maybe I will be surpirsed and find something I like and want to use my Birchbox points to purchase. Do you subscribe to Birchbox/Ipsy? How was your box?