I am finally going to start reviewing the 7 dry shampoos from the Sephora Favorites - Extend Your Style set that I picked up back in November during the Sephora VIB sale! I will be trying out each dry shampoo for at least a week and sharing my thoughts on each one. I am going to use each one in the order that they came in the box.
First up is the amika: Perk Up Dry Shampoo -
amika: Perk Up Dry Shampoo with Sea BUckthorn Berry - Dry cleanse, refresh and revive. For all hair types.
Cleanse by absorbing excess oil and dirt. Free of talc. Safe for color treated hair. Directions: Shake can vigourously before use, hold 10-12 inches away from scalp and spray lightly for evven coverage. Use fingertips to massage through hair.
Here are my thought on the amika: Perk Up Dry Shampoo -
- Scent - This dry shampoo smelled GREAT! The scent on this was so refreshing and the scent lasted in my hair. It did a really great job of getting rid of the smells that your hair can absorb just from the air around you.
- Texture - The Amika dry shampoo gave my hair a ton of volume. I usually find that on the third or so day my hair goes fairly flat but not with this dry shampoo. I had more volume than even when i freshly washed my hair.
- Colour - This one comes out of the can with the usual white cast that most dry shampoos have. But where this one is different from some is that when you start to massage the product in the white cast is virtual gone without much work.
- Oil absorbtion - When I first used the Amika dry shampoo, it was on day 3 hair. I was starting to look a little oily, especially around my hairline (probably got some moisturizer in my hair!). This dry shapoo soaked up all the oils and made my hair look like I just washed it! I was able to go a whooping 5 days before I had to wash my hair!
- Uses - I was able to get 6 uses out of the 0.75 oz can I recieved in the set.
- Availability - The amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo is proving hard to find instoe in my area. So far I have found it on Birchbox.ca and Amazon.ca (crazy prices).
I really loved the Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo. With the first dry shampoo being so great I have high hopes for the rest of the set. Maybe I will get lucky and find another one that I like just as much that is a lot easier to find in store! I have been looking in stores in my area to try to find this dry shampoo in store but so far have had no luck. Looks like the best place so far to get the Amika dry shampoo is Birchbox.
Have you tried Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo? What are your thoughts on it? Like It? Hate it? Been able to find it in-store?! Let me know!