Another month, another peek at what I used up last month. I managed to get through some full size products this month, which is always nice. Also the obligatory samples that seem to be taking over my bathroom!
On to the Trash -
- Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover - I recieved this product in a goodie bag from a Dave Lackie Shiseido Twitter party I was lucky enough to go to in the Fall. I used this to remove my eye makeup and it did a good job of removing everything without having to rub. This was a dual phase remover which I think seem to work the best at removing eye makeup, at least of what I have tried. I couldn't find it at Sephora but did manage to find it at The Bay for $30 CAD. Repurchase? Maybe I still have a few other removers to get through before I will need to pick up one.
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes - There isn't much I can say about these wipes other than they are my facial wipe of choice! Partly due to the price - under $20 CAD at Costco for 4x30 pack and 2x15 travel size. Also because they work. Repurchase? Always.
- Bath & BodyWorks Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Body Cream - I use this every day after my shower. It is great for moisturizing my skin, especially after shaving! I grew tired of this scent fairly quickly though and was switching it with another scent. Repurchase? Probably not this scent, but definitly in others!
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara - I had picked this up near the beginning of last year and am just now finally tossing it. I wasn't a big fan of it, it really didn't seem to do much for my lashes, if you want to see my thoughts on it you can read it here.. To me this mascara gave a very natural type of look, slight tint and that was about all. Repurchase? No, it just didn't wow me.
- Covergirl LashBlast Fusion - I recieved this mascara from Bzzzagent to try out and surpirisingly to me I loved it! I didn't have high hopes for it but ended up really liking it. It didn't smudge and gave my lashes nice seperation as well as length. If you want to read my review of this mascara you can read it here. Repurchase? Once I get through some of my deluxe samples.
- Tocca Cleopatra Grapefruit-Cucumber Hand Cream - A Birchbox sample that I used at work. This hand cream was not moisturizing enough for my hands at work, it felt great going on but I needed to reapply within an hour. Not the greatest lasting power for me. Repurchase? No.
- Clarisonic Sonic Radiance Skin Renewing Peel Wash - I got this sample in the CLarisonic 500 point perk I picked up in the Summer. I finally got around to using the products! I didn't notice anything great about this cleanser, the one thing that I did notice was that it tasted horrible! I don't know about you but when I am using my Clarisonic I run it over my lips to exfoliate themas well. Repurchase? No.
- Clarisonic Sonic Radiance Skin Illuminating Cleanser - Another product from the 500 point perk. I used this in the morning and did not like it either but for different reasons. I didn't find this one tasted as bad as the nighttime one but I did find this one to be slightly drying. Repurchase? No.
- Clarisonic Sonic Radiance Brightening Activator Serum - another sample form the point perk. I used this in the morning and at night for about a month and didn't notice any difference at all. Repurchase? Nope again.
- amika: Perk Up Dry Shampoo - I just did a review of this dry shampoo form the Sephora Favorites - Extend Your Style set that I picked up during the Fall VIB sale, if you would like to read my thoughts on this one you can check out my review here. Repurchase? If I can find it locally!
- fresh - Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask - On a trip into Sephora the SA offered to give me a sample of this mask to try out. It would be a great mask if you have really dry skin as it was very moisturizing. This mask glided over my skin without any tugging and didn't dry out at all. I will say also that it has a very strong tea scent to it as well. It does have a fairly high price tag at $108 CAD for 3.3 oz. Repurchase? I might if my skin gets really dry again but for now no.
- Schick Intuition Renewing Moisturize Replacement Head - My razor of choice! The Schick Intuition is the perfect razor if you don't have the time to mess around with products in the shower and need to shave your legs! Perfect for 5am showers! Repurchase? Always.
Not a bad amount to have gotten through for the month! I hope to have more full size and alot more samples in each of my bi-monthly empties from now on. Hopefully with trying to be on a lower-buy than last year I can get around to using up what I have and not just keep adding to the piles.
Full SIze - 6
Deluxe Samples - 5
Packet/foil sample - 2
I am going to try a few different things this year, total of products as well as a running total. As well as switching out each month between Favorites and Empties. I like to read both of these types of posts and am hoping that you do as well! So every other month a Trip through my Trash alternating with a Favorites.