So I am very far behind in my BoxyCharm unboxings! I am just going to give you a quick rundown on what I received for the past 3 months, and if I have tried out the products, what I thought about them!
The theme for August BoxyCharm was 'Express Yourself' and I received 5 full size products plus a mini brush! The total value of the August box was $119.95 USD!!! The only brand I even heard about was Coastal Scents, and I had not tried anything from them before, I don't think anyway! I kind of like that about beauty subscriptions though, it gives me a chance to tryout products from brands that I may not have tried out otherwise. On to the contents of the August 'Express Yourself' BoxyCharm!
- Coastal Scents Blush + Bronzer Mini Palette with bonus Angled Brush - Everything for a stunning face, all in one palette! It's all about your creativity...it's all about your look! I was excited to give this blush palette a try as I have heard about Coastal Scents but never tried anything from them. The palette has 1 matte and one shimmer blush, as well as a matte and shimmer bronzer and a highlighter. The 'shimmer' is just to much for me, it looks like straight up glitter on me! I do really like the matte products in the palette though. All 5 of the products are nicely pigmented and lasted a good 6-8 hours before they started to noticeably fade. $13.95 + 6.00 USD.
- Aloette Time Repair Serum - Time Repair Serum is a powerful age-defying skin care complex, fortified with alpha and beta hydroxy acids to smooth away dead skin cells and powerful antioxidants to protect skin from damaging free radicals Formulated for all skin types, this non irritating, lightweight formula absorbs quickly to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a renewed radiance. I haven't tried this out yet, but i am looking forward to using this after I finish up the one I am using right now. $48.00 USD.
- Dirty Little Secret Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick - Create a long lasting velvet matte lip with this gorgeous liquid lipstick newly launched by Dirty Little Secret. I got this in the shade 'Phantom', which is a bright red shade. Not my kind of shade, so I haven't even opened it. $10.00 USD.
- Makeup Eraser AmpliMascara - From the creators of the Makeup Eraser, we introduce to you: AmpliMascara! Use this bold mascara to seriously amp up your look by creating a full and thick set of lashes. Well, I lied, I have heard about Makeup Eraser as well! I hadn't even read the card until I sat down to write this post...oops. I have a huge backup of mascara samples to get through but I am always game to try out a new one! $23.00 USD.
- Beauty For Real Shadow Stx - This paraben free and cruelty free, long-wearing, cream-to-powder eyeshadow stick is easy to apply and is infused with meadowfoam seed oil to moisturize, rejuvenate and reduce signs of aging. Thats a lot of claims for a shadow stick! Again I haven't tried this out, I received the shade Midnight Marathon' which is a pretty copper-y shade. This is a shade I can see myself wearing, but I have just recently discovered the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks and I am loving it! $19.00 USD.
The theme for September BoxyCharm was "Camp Glam' and again, I received 5 full size products! This is, I think, what I like the most about BoxyCharm! No little sample size products, I have so far, only received full size items. The total value for the September BoxyCharm box was $127.95, thats crazy! I had even heard and/or tried products from 3 out of the 5 for this month. I was excited for this month of BoxyCharm when I saw during the sneak peeks that would be getting an eyeshadow palette full of warm neutrals shades! Those are my favorite eyeshadow shades! ON to the contents of the September 'Express Yourself' BoxyCharm.
- Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque - A smoothing yogurt hair masque made with yogurt protein, prebiotics, quinoa, a botanical oil blend and bio-keratin. I had never heard of this hair product brand before, but hair masques are always good, especially with the cooler months coming. I haven't used this on myself yet, but I have used it on 2 other people. It smells like strawberry yogurt, in a good way! and really seemed to help to smooth out the hair cuticle and made it easy to comb through, without weighing down the hair. $11.00 USD.
- Vasanti Professional Foundation Brush - Specially shaped & designed to create a flawless, even, and natural looking foundation application. I have never gotten the hang of using a foundation brush shaped like this, I prefer to use a flat top kabuki or similar shaped brush. What I love using these paddle shaped brushes for, is for applying face masks! They are the perfect size and shape to use with face masks. $32.00 USD.
- PÜR Cosmetics Lip Lure - Let your lips speak for you with beautifully bold color and shine! This richly pigmented lip lacquer saturates your lips in true color and pout-perfecting hydration. Using a unique, flocked shower-head applicator, this creamy, full coverage liquid formula creates a show stopping look in just one stroke! I received the shade 'Fiery' which is a darker red shade. I didn't think it would be a shade I would wear but I wanted to try out the formula! It felt great going on and was completely opaque in one swipe! I actually didn't mind the color to much either! Unfortunately, this never dried down and was not transfer proof at all. It did however stain my lips slightly, which I actually liked better than when I first applied it! $22.00 USD.
- Studio Makeup "On-The_Go" Palette - On the Go eyeshadow palette is a compilation of shades that updates the bare beauty look with a cosmopolitan attitude. The On the Go Eyeshadow Palette includes 9 shades that are perfect for creating day or night looks! There are 5 matte and 4 shimmer shades, all in warm toned neutral shades, my favorite! I have been reaching for this palette a ton since I got it. It has the perfect mix of matte and shimmery shades that combined make the easiest eye looks. $49.95 USD.
- Hikari Cosmetics Eye LIner - The perfect mechanical eyeliner with a smooth formula for easy application. I have received products from Hikari before and they have been ok, nothing great, but not the worst either. I received this eyeliner in the shade 'Raven', which as you can tell from the name is black. I rarely, if ever, wear black eyeliner, I prefer to use brown. I haven't used this and won't be using it for that reason. $13.00 USD.
And finally, October's BoxyCharm! The theme for October was 'Boxy Bazaar', and yet once again, 5 full size products. The total value for the October BoxyCharm was $127.50, are we starting to see a theme, you pay, in my case being Canadian just over $30 a month and the boxes have a retail value of over $100 USD. I had heard and/or tried products from 4 of the 5 brands for this month, getting better! The product I was looking forward to from the sneak peeks was actually the brushes and the hair product. In the October 'Boxy Bazaar' BoxyCharm I received-
- Luxie Beauty Eye Blender Brush Pack - We collaborated with Luxie to bring you this fabulous Eye Blender 3-piece set! These cruelty free brushes are extremely soft and gentle enough for all skin types. An antibacterial coating helps keep the brushes clean and fresh. Blending your favorite shadows will be a breeze. $36.00 USD.
- Temptu Shimmer Bronzer - S/B Bronzers have a silicone-based formula and are oil free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic. Bronze and contour the complexion with this beautiful shimmer finish. $29.50 USD.
- Briogeo Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant - A weightless blow-dry finishing and heat protectant cream formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. Naturally fortified with rosehip, argan, and coconut oils, it protects against heat damage up to 425°F, smoothes hair and tames frizz, and enhances shine and softens. $24.00 USD.
- Starlooks Ultra Matte Lip Paint - An incredibly smooth, long-wear, velvety ultra-matte formula that provides full velvet lip coverage! Feels like you're not wearing anything on the lips, and does not transfer onto your drinking glass, or the lips of your significant other! 12-hour wear with minimal touch ups. $19.00 USD.
- IBY Beauty Threes Company Trio Eye Shadow - These three "must have shades" are perfect for fast and easy eye shadow contouring. Use the trio to brighten and define your eyes and make them appear dramatically bigger. $19.00 USD.
Now you probably noticed that I did not give my thoughts on the products I received in the October BoxyCharm! I have decided that from now on I would write what I received in the current months BoxyCharm, with swatches, and than give you my thoughts on the previous months products. This way I will have had a month to try out products and by than I should have decided whether or not I liked them! I was also thinking on having a running total of 'retail value' of the products that I like and also the ones I don't like and maybe at the end of the year do a comparison. Almost an is it worth it wrap up of BoxyCharm.
Now that I am up to date on BoxyCharm, I can hopefully stay on track with these ones to!