The third installment of my mini reviews on the Dry Shampoos included in the Sephora Favorites - Extend Your Style set I picked up during the Fall VIB sale. If you would like to read my thoughts on the previous two dry shampoos, amika: Perk Up Dry shampoo and Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo, you can click on the names to go back to those posts.
The third dry shampoo is the Living Proof - Perfect hair Day Dry Shampoo -
Living Proof - Perfect hair Day dry shampoo - actually cleans hair, eliminates oil, sweat & odor.
Usage - SHAKE CAN EXTREMELY WELL FOR MAXIMUM CLEANING RESULTS. Hold canister about 6-10" away from hair. Section throughly and apply product in a sweeping motion to dirty/oily areas. Wait 30 seconds for the powders to activate and cleanse. Than remove by massaging and shaking at roots with fingers or brush hair. Apply more if needed, make sure to shake again. Style as desired.
Here are my thoughts on the Living Proof - Perfect hair Day dry shampoo -
- Scent - Smelled very fresh, not to strong just about right! The scent stayed in my hair all day, giving the illusion that I had freshly washed hair.
- Texture - The Living Proof PhD left my hair feeling clean and looked so shiny, like freshly washed hair. It did give me some volume as well.
- Color- The PhD dry shampoo did not leave a white cast at all in my hair. It went on colourless which was a happy surprise.
- Oil absorbtion - When I first used the Living Proof I tried it on second day hair and it was great. I also tried it on third day hair with great results as well, my hair was oilier looking on third day and it looked freshly washed after using this one.
- Uses - When I first used this it worked great, the second time not so much. I don't know what happened but the second time I tried to use this nothing would come out. I luckily had gotten another bottle in a Birchbox and the noozle worked far better on that one. I was able to get 5 uses out of the second bottle.
- Availability - The Living Proof - Perfect hair Day is available at Sephora, both on the website and instore. A full size can is 4oz for $29.00 CAD or a travel size 1.8oz for $16.00 CAD. Not the cheapest around and I would definitely keep track of your reciept in case you get a faulty nozzle like I did.
I really liked the LIving Proof - Perfect hair Day dry shampoo a lot, but because of the faulty noozle, I would be somewhat leary on purchasing a full size can at that price. I may pick one up during a Sephora VIB sale or if I can find it for a lower price at Winners or Marshalls. I was quite happy with every other aspect of this dry shampoo, it was just my experience with the first cans nozzle that would make me not rush out again.
Have you tried the Living Proof - Perfect hair Day dry shampoo? Did you have any issues with the noozle? Was it just me?