My sister picked up the Urban Decay Vice 4 eyeshadow palette when it went up on Sephora for $45 CAD, reg price was $70 CAD, shortly after Christmas. Of course she let me take pictures and swatch it to put up on here but than I promptly got distracted and forgot about it! I had thought that it was to late to put swatches up until this past weekend I recieved an email from Urban Decay Canada saying they still have this in the sale section for $45 CAD! That made up my mind to get the swatches up quickly so that if you were still on the fence about it you could see the swatches!
I had thought about picking up the palette but had already gotten more than enough eyeshadow palettes so when my sister said she was picking it up I knew I could just borrow hers!
The Urban Decay Vice 4 comes with a nice pouch to store it in and the packaging is as beautiful as you would expect from Urban Decay. Inside the palette you get 20 never seen before shades of eyeshadow. There is also a huge mirror and a double ended eyeshadow brush. If you don't take into account the extras with the Vice 4 the eyeshadows work out to only being $2.25 CAD a piece! That is better than most drugstore shadows. If you were to figure in the extras it brings down the price per shadow even more.
Swatches of the Urban Decay Vice 4 -
- Bones - oyster satin w/pearl - I think this would be a good brow bone highlight
- Grip - taupe matte w/iridescent micro-glitter - I had high hopes for this one, but barely any pigment
- Deadbeat - black satin w/iridescent micro-glitter - This has to be the worst black I have ever tried from UD
- Beat Down - deep metallic violet w/blue micro-glitter - Patchy and barely any shimmer
- Pandemonium - metallic plum w/iridescent micro-glitter - This could have been beautiful, but it needs a primer
- Framed - light neutral matte-satin - Perfect blending shade for me
- Fast-Ball - metallic peachy pink w/pink micro-glitter - This is how UD glitter are supposed to be!
- 1985 - metallic fushia w/fushia micro-glitter - There is barely any glitter showing up on this one, should be a satin
- Underhand - burgundy-brown satin - I love the shift in this one, it doesn't show up the greatest in pictures but its there
- Harlot - metallic lavender - Barely any pigmentation at all
- Discreet - soft dusty mauve matte - Another great blending shade
- Grasshopper - metallic emerald w/green micro-glitter - Holy pigmentation! Beautiful
- C-Note - frosted green w/micro-glitter - Not bad but not great either
- Artic - bright teal w/tonal sparkle - Beautiful metallic teal
- Robbery - deep metallic brown-gunmetal - I don't know where they get 'deep' out of this shade
- Bitter - reddish brown matte - Love this warm brown for in the crease, it reminds me of 'Peanut Butter' form the Too Faced Semi Sweet palette
- Flame - bright orange w/gold micro-glitter - Not bad, but I was hoping for more from this shade
- Low - brown matte w/golden metallic pearl and micro-glitter - can we say patchy? It had a ton of fall out as well
- Crowbar - black w/golden metallic pearl and micro-glitter - I think if maybe you were to wet your brush you would see more of the metallic and maybe get better pigmentation
- Delete - deep chestnut brown matte-satin - Great matte shade
I was a little disappointed in the pigmentation of some of the shades in the Urban Decay Vice 4. A few of the colours that I really liked swatched horribly, Grip, Low, Pandemonium. In true Urban Deacy fashion, some of the more chunky glitters had fall-out, but that is why I usually do my eyes first and than put on the rest of my face! The best performing shades in the palette for the most part were the matte and satin matte shades, when they got them right they got them right! If you can get past the poor performers, maybe use them damp, there are some really nice shades in the Urban Decay Vice 4, and for the price even if you only use some of the shades you are still getting a fairly good deal! I did do my swatches on bare skin without primer, the poor performers will probably perform better with primer/sticky base.
If you thought you missed out on the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette you have not yet. I wouldn't wait to long though if you are still thinking about it, I am not sure how much longer it will be available. If I hadn't already picked up the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca palette I would defineitly be picking up this palette, it does have some great colourful shades as well as some great neutrals.
How about you, did or will you pick up the Urban Decay Vice 4? How did you find the shades?