Second up is the Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo -
Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo - Mango Coconut - FREE OF: Parabends, Sulfates, Phthalates & Synthetic Color.
An all-in-one dry shampoo infused with Mango Coconut to leave your hair fresh and volumized. Directions: Shake well. Hold can 6-8" away from hair and spray. Allow to dry then brush through hair.
Here are my thought on the Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo-
- Scent - This dry shampoos scent smelled off to me. I don't know if it was the fake fruit smell or what, but I didn't like it at all! The scent lasted quite long as well, not so great when you don't like it!
- Texture - The Alterna dry shampoo made my hair feel sticky as soon as I sprayed it on. I was hoping that the stickyness would go away once it dried, but sadly it did not. My hair felt sticky and gross. If I had of had enough time I would have went bakc in the shower and washed my hair. This happened whether I used it on second or third day hair.
- Colour - This is where the Alterna was great. It really did come out clear and did not give me a white cast at all.
- Oil absorbtion - I first tried the Alterna dry shampoo on second day hair, my hair wasn;t to oily looking so it didn't change the look so much as the texture - sticky=gross. I than tried iton third day hair hair hoping it would absorb oil and not leave me feeling sticky, if anything it made my hair look worse than before I used it. My hair looked like a greasy, sticky mess, it was a good thing it was not on a day I had to go to work, I washed my hair shortly after I used it.
- Uses - I only tried the Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo 3 times and that was enough for me. The can still feels at least half full which is pretty good for a travel size.
- Availability - The Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry SHampoo is available at Sephora so it is fairly easy to find. You can pick up a full size of it for $25.50 CAD for 4.75 oz or the 1.25 oz travel size that I have for $14.00 CAD.
As you can probably tell from my thoughts on the Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo I will not being rushing out to get another bottle! I do have to say that there are a few other products from Alterna that I really do love, this dry shampoo just didn't work out for me. One good thing about the Alterna Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend shampoo is that it comes in 3 others scents - Bamboo Leaf, Sheer Blossom and Sugar Lemon. These 3 scents are only available in full size and range in price from $27.00-$25.50. So if this dry shampooo works for you you can get a variety of scents! Here's hoping the next dry shampoo is better than this one for me.
Have you tried the Alterna Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry SHampoo? How did you like it if you have?