My February Birchbox came in early and without any tracking again! I don't mind when it comes in early! I was surprised when I came home and it was sitting there Tuesday! The theme for February is 'What's The Occassion?'.
We all have times we want to look extra special-whether it's a four-star dinner with your best friends or your standing date night. This February is about helping you create your own not-quite-everyday looks, from easy hairstyles (that look anything but) to versatile maekup techniques you can use again and again.
Inside my Febrary Birchbox, I recieved -
- Key West Aloe - Gentle Facial Cleanser - Made with 30% aloe vera, this foaming wash cleans, calms, and rebalances skin. This has a slight citrus scent, I'll use it but not the most exciting!
- Clean - White Woods Eau de Parfum - Top notes of bergamot, mandarin, and black pepper are followed by notes of magnolia, lily, and vanilla orchid. Hoping this smells better on the skin than it does from the bottle, it smells like alchol. I am not a big fan of getting perfume samples in boxes, especially when they are in little vials with stoppers, at least put a spray on it!
- Color CLub - Mini Polish - That's My Jam - Youll love the lush laquer color in this vegan, 100% cruelty-free nail polish. I have not tried a polish by Color Club before so I am interested in trying this out. That's My Jam looks like a beautiful burgundy colour.
- Living proof - Restore Mask Treatment - This mask not only repairs dry, damaged hair, it also makes it up to 20 times stronger. Wow, this size sells for $15 CAD on Sephoras site, guess this sample pays for the box! I am lucky and my hair is in pretty good shape but I will give this a try!
- ARROW Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm - This supperhydrating formula adjusts to your pH, enhancing each wearers natural lip-color to create the perfect hue. I choose this sample as it was really the only one that remotely appealed to me. I am always using lip balm in the winter months so hopefully this gives a good boost of hydration!
I was somewhat surprised when I found out that Birchbox is pulling out of Canada. February will be the last Canadian Birchbox, which is to bad as I have mostly enjoyed my subscription with them. I was kind of hoping for a stellar last box, but it really isn't. It's not a horrible box, just not a great one! I will be placing an order form the Birchbox store before the end of April as that is when you have to spend your points by and I have just over 400 points which equals to $40 in the Birchbox store, not bad to get $40 off anything! I am thinking on picking up something from theBalm as I have not really tryed anything from the brand besides the impossibly small samples I have recieved in previous Birchboxes. I am thinking on the 'How About Them Apples' cream lip and blush palette? I was originally thinking on one of the eyeshadow palettes but I am not interested in them enough to use up one of my 2 eyeshaodw palettes that I am allowing myself to pick up this year! Is there anything form theBalm that you would recommend? I am open to suggestions on what to cash out my points on!
Do you have a monthly subsription? What do you think I should try out next? Morphe brush club? TopBox, again? Ipsy, again? Is there anything new that's available to Canada?!
I have heard that this weekend, February 13 and 14, will be a bonus redeemption weekend on Beauty products! Using points doesn't really count towards my low-buy right? It's not like I am spending cash from my bank account, right?!