Its time for the fifth installment of Sudless Sunday, my mini reviews of the seven dry shampoos included in the Sephora Favorites - Extend Your Style Dry Shampoo Collection that I picked up in the Fall. If you would like to read my reviews on the previous four you can find them here - Drybar - Detox Dry Shampoo, Living Proof - Perfect Hair Day, Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo, amika - Perk Up Dry Shampoo, you can just click on the names to take you back to those posts.
The fifth dry shampoo is 24K Sally Hershberger - Supreme Stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo -
24K Sally Hershberger - Supreme Stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo - A waterless spray featuring natural keratin and glycerin to help shape, energize, and prolong style for buildable volume with no powdery residue.
How to use - Shake well. Hold 6" to 12" away from scalp. Spray throughout dry hair for supreme body and ultimate texture. Focus at roots to absorb natural oils.
Here are my thought on the 24K Sally Hershberger - Supreme Stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo -
- Scent - 24K Sally Hershberger Supreme Stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo has a very flower-y, perfume-like scent. It is really strong and lasts in your hair, I could smell it all day!
- Texture - The 24K dry shampoo was very sticky when I sprayed it in my hair, it felt like I had just sprayed my hair with hairspray, not quite what I was expecting from a dry shampoo. If I had of had time I would have went back in the shower and washed my hair, thats how sticky it felt. I was hoping that maybe after it sat and I brushed it out it would go away somewhat, no such luck.
- Color - The good thing about the 24K was that it came out clear, no white at all! So there was no problem getting rid of a white cast!
- Oil Absorbtion - This dry shampoo didn't seem to absorb any oils at all. It just made a sticky mess for me!
- Uses - I am sorry to say that I only used the 24K Sally Hershberger dry shampoo twice, there is a ton left in the can! I actually gave it to my sister, who has a problem with flat hair, to try out. I told her not to use it as a dry shampoo but rather as a volumizer, hair spray!
- Availability - Another dry shampoo that was in the Sephora Favorites - Extend Your Style collection that is not available on the Canadian Sephora site or in-store. I did however find it at The Shopping Channel. You can purchase the 24K Sally Hershberger - Supreme Stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo as a full size (8.5oz) for $32.50 plus tax and shipping from there if you would like!
As you can probablly tell from my review, I was not impressed with the 24K Sally Hershberger - Supreme Stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo. For me, it just did not do what I expect a dry shampoo to do. Add that to the somewhat overpowering floral scent and I won't be seeking a full size bottle of this one. I will update this post if my sister finds that it worked better for her!