The end is finally here! The final review of the seven dry shampoos included in the Sephora Favorites-Extend Your Style Dry Shampoo Collection from the Fall of 2015. If you are interested in reading the previous six reviews you can find them here - Klorane - Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, 24K Sally Herschberger-Supreme stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo, Drybar-Detox Dry Shampoo, Living Proof-Perfect Hair Day, Bamboo Style-Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo, and Amika-Perk Up Dry Shampoo.
The final dry shampoo is - Bumble and Bumble - Prêt-à-powder -
Bumble and Bumble - Prêt-à-powder - It's equal parts dry shampoo, style extender and volume in a pinch.
Apply to dry hair, starting at roots. Style.
Here are my thoughts on Bumble and Bumble - Prêt-à-powder -
- Scent - I could barely notice any scent at all when I used the Bumble and Bumble -Prêt-à-powder. It was one of the best things about it! You really have to put your nose close to it to catch the scent, which is a fresh scent!
- Texture - This dry shampoo doesn't come out in a spray form, you shake it on, like popcorn shake! That is exactly what it what reminded me of, it is a white powder, much like baby powder. It was very messy and blotchy when I was putting it in my hair. Very hard to brush through my hair. It did give a bit of volume, but only where you put it on your hair, no where else. It didn't matter how much I brushed it, I just couldn't really get it to work through the rest of my hair. I ended up with white blotches throughout my hair!
- Colour - It is a white powder, much like baby powder. Very hard to work through the hair because of the way it comes out, like baby powder! It kind of stayed wherever I first shook it into my hair, did not work through the rest of my hair at all. I ended up with whitish blotches throughout my hair, so much so that I had to put it up to try to cover them up!
- Oil Absorbtion - It did an ok job of absorbing oil, where it was first placed, but it didn't work through the hair well so it didn't do that great of a job on the whole head.
- Uses - I only attempt this one twice and that was more than enough for me. It made my scalp dry and flaky, exactly what I don't want want when using a dry shampoo.
- Availability - The Bumble and Bumble-Prêt-à-powder dry shampoo is easy enough to find if you have access to Sephora, either online or a store. The small 0.5oz size that I have is $16.00 CAD or you can get a full size 2.0oz for $31.00 CAD.
Needless to say I really did not enjoy trying out this dry shampoo! I found it to be messy and very hard to brush out. The Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-powder was another one that I was really looking forward to trying out. I was glad that I was able to try out all of these dry shampoos for such a great price, there were a few I was really interested in trying and am glad I only tried them in small size! Out of the 7 dry hsampoos in the set I found 2 that I really liked. Hopefully my favorite, Amika-Perk Up, becomes easier for me to find in Canada. I may pick up a full size of the Living Proof and see if the noozle works fine on a full size bottle.
Have you tried any of these dry shampoos? What were your thoughts on them, did you have a similar exerience with them?