Finally getting back to Sudless Sunday! It's time for the Forth installment of my mini reviews on the Dry Shampoos in cluded in the Sephora Favorites - Extend Your Style Dry Shampoo set I picked up in the Fall of 2015! If you are interested in my previous reviews of amika: Perk Up Dry Shampoo, Alterna - Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo, or Living Proof - Perfect Hair Day (PhD), feel free to click on the names to take you back to those posts.
The fourth dry shampoo is Drybar - Detox Dry Shampoo -
Drybar - Detox Dry Shampoo - Prolong your blowout. Absorbs oils and refreshes hair.
How to serve - Shake can extremely well! Use on dirty/oily hair at the roots and spray 3-4 inches away from scalp. Gently blend in with fingers. Voila! Paraben, Sulfate & Phthalate free. -Safe for color-treated hair-
Here are my thoughts on the Drybar - Detox Shampoo -
- Scent - The Drybar - Detox dry shampoo had an ok scent. It has a perfume-y smell, if you use to much it can get a little strong! The good thing was that the scent didn't stay that strong for long.
- Texture - The Drybar - Detox dry shampoo left my hair looking dull once I worked most of it out. I found that I had to re-flat iron my hair to get the shine back.
- Color - This dry shampoo comes out VERY white! I was actually quite surprised at how white it was, maybe it was because of the directions to spray it so close to your scalp. It did take some work to get the white out.
- Oil absorbtion - I used this dry shampoo a few times on varing degrees of oily hair, the Drybar Detox dry shampoo did a gret job of absorbing the oil on second and third day hair.
- Uses - I used this one 4 times and the can still feels like it has quite a bit left in it. No wonky noozle on this one!
- Availability - The Drybar - Detox dry shampoo is available at Sephora, both on the website and in-store. A full size can is 3.5oz and retails for $29.00 CAD, or travel size 1.4oz for $16.00 CAD. This seems to be about average price for Dry Shampoos at Sephora. Not the cheapest but it does have some good points to it!
I didn't mind the Drybar - Detox dry shampoo, I just didn't love it. It was great at absorbing oil but the dull hair was not my favorite. If you are sensitive to scents you may want to stear clear of this one, it was fairly strong! I won't be seeking this one out but I also wouldn't say no to another bottle in a pinch.
Have you had the same experiences with the Drybar - Detox dry shampoo? Maybe if you don't hold the can so close the white and dullness wouldn't be so apparent!