Wow, March and April went by far to fast for me! It seemed like I had just written my first favorites post and it was time to write another one. I have discovered a few new products over the past 2 months, one out of necessity, and another by recommendation from my sister. But by far my favorite thing for the past 2 months has been my new office/makeup room! We have been working on this room for awhile now, its still not done but its getting closer! A few trips to Ikea, a few online orders from Ikea, love that we have a pickup point in London now, and a weekend spent painting. Now comes the fun part of organizing everything and decorating it!
Another favorite for the past 2 months has been testing out all the products I recieved for the Elle Canada Grand Prix. It has been a lot of fun trying out so many different products, having no clue as to what they are other than Dry Shampoo, Body Scrub, Face Serums, and Deodorants! I have found a few products in the bunch that I really like and some that I really didn't like at all! It will be fun to know exactly what the products are and if I am surprised by any of them. I have been writing in a journal my thoughts on all the products as I try them and what if I have a guess as to what they are. The Face Serums I would still like to give them more than a week trial so that I can see if I find that they make any difference after having using them longer than a week. My thoughts after I finish all the testing will be more of a first impression more than anything until after I give them at least a month of continued use. The Dry Shampoos didn't take long before I knew if I liked them or not! The Body Scrubs, I found 1 I really liked but hated the smell! Hoping that it comes in a different scent! Deodorants where fairly easy to, I was reminded as to why I didn't like certain types!
And lastly the beauty products I was loving for the past 2 months -
- Urban Decay Naked Basics palette - I have been using this palette a lot the past 2 months, W.O.S. is my favorite blending shade! I use it most days to help blend out any harsh lines. Naked 2 is another shade I discovered over the past few months, it is a great crease shade when I am looking to do an easy 'natural' eye look.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed - I have been reaching for this blush on most days. If I am in a rush and don't want to think about what blush to wear, Exposed has been my go to! Perfect neutral blush that goes with any look!
- Essence Make Me Brow in Blondy Brows - This was a surprise favorite for me. If you want to know my thoughts on it you can check out my review here. But needlesss to say, I love it!
- Beauty Blender - regular and mini - I have had the beauty blender sitting in a box since Imats 2014....and never tried it out until April! I have been getting a mole treated on my face with liquid nitrogen by my doctor and it is really dry. I didn't want to mess around the area with a brush and remembered I had the beauty blender so thought I would give it a try. I see what all the hype is about them! It blends in foundation so flawlessly and doesn't take a lot of work to get it there. It has also been a lot gentler on the mole area than a brush would have been. I have noticed that it gives a sheerer finish than a brush, but I have been liking that lately.
- Sephora Glass Nail File - My sister told me I needed this nail file. She was right! I have tried other glass files and didn't find they did much of anything for my nails, it took forever to file my nails with them, not with the Sephora brand one. The Sephora brand Glass file does a great job of cleaning up the rough edges of my nails. I have also chipped a nail while out and only had this file it took no time to get rid of the rough edges and I didn't end up catching the rough edge on anything!
I had quite a few favorites for the past few months, although, I don't know what some of them are yet. I am testing out the last dry shampoo now and need to have my log book submited by May 20th. Once I am done with that I will post about the products in a bit more detail! I am so glad that I gve the Essence Make Me Brow a try, it will definitly be a repurchase. I will also keep you posted on how my organizing is going. Right now I am trying to figure out how best to organize the beauty products! I have pretty much organized the office side of the desk, the easy part!
What about you, did you have any favorite products over the past few months? Any due to necessity? Or recomendations? Doing any re-organizing? I am all for any hints/tricks! Let me know in the comments.