I am back! Just needed some time to get caught up on personal things. This new schedule has been kicking my butt lately. Who would have thought that Monday to Friday 7-3 would be so hard! I really miss my 12 hour shifts, you worked long hours but also got stretches of days off. Anyway I am working on getting more organized with blogging so hopefully I can get caught up. I think I may start back only posting twice a week and see how that goes, if I find that I can handle that without to much trouble I may go back to three times a week.
I have quite a lot of empties for the past 2 months! I think that I will go back to posting monthly on these, I think 2 months is just too long to have all this trash sitting around! Not to mention it makes the post REALLY long!
I thought I would start off with the Body care products I used up over April and May.
- Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soap in Fresh Sparkling Snow and Tahitan Paradise-Neither of these hand soaps really stood out to me, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the Tahitan Paradise, it smelled just a tad fresher to me. My son nor my husband complained about either one so that is a good sign! Repurchase? I always pick up the Bath & Body Works hand soaps when they are on sale, and usually in all different scents!
- Quo Luxury Cotton Pads - I picked up this bag of cotton pads on sale for $4.99, I thought it would be a nice change from my regular Dollarama ones. They were ok but I won't repurchase them, they seemed to soak up a lot of product, more than my Dollarama ones! They were soft though and didn't leave fluff on my face or nails. Repurchase? No
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - My favorite cotton pads! 100 for just over a dollar. I really like these cotton pads for toner and removing nail polish. They seem to hold just enough product without waste. Repurchase? Always!
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes 30ct x2 - My face wipes of choice! I have said it plenty of times, I just can't find another face wipe for the price that is as good as these ones. I usually use these to wipe of makeup remover after I have massaged it into my face before I use my Clarisonic, and the occasional time I am to lazy to use my clarisonic I will use them to remove my makeup. They work great either way. Repurchase? Always!
- Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Shower Gel - This shower gel is ok, I found it to be a little drying in the cooler months. I think it would be ok in the Spring/Summer months. The scent was very strong on this one and I got tired of it fairly quickly! I prefer Nivea shower gel in the orange scent. Repurchase? I might try this out in a different scent in the future.
- Bath & Body Works 24 hour moisture Ultra Shea Body Cream in Mediterranean Blue Waters and Fresh Sparkling Snow - I really like the 24 hour body cream from Bath & Body Works. It is very moisturizing and comes in a tube! 2 of the most important things for me! Both scents were nice but my favorite was Mediterranean Blue Water, it has a great fresh scent that isn't to overpowering. Repurchase? I have already picked up another 2 tubes of Mediterranean Blue Waters!
- Schick INtuition Razor Refills x2 - I used 2 different 'scents/formulas' of these but I honestly didn't really notice a difference in them. The Intuition is my razor of choice, at 5am I just don't want to mess around with to many things in the shower! Having to not worry about shaving cream is great for me. Repurchase? Always!
- Naobay Natural & Organic Oxygenating Cream - I think I must have gotten this in a Birchbox at some time. I didn't use this on my face but instead used it as a hand cream at work. I didn't find that this moisturizer did much of anything for me, I had to reapply it quite frequently, the tube only lasted 3 days! The scent was light but that was the best part of it. Repurchase? Nope
- Avène Cold Cream Hand Cream - I had high hopes for this hand cream, sadly it didn't live up to my expectations. Again the moisturizing effect just didn't last long at all at work. The scent was the best part of this hand cream as well. Repurchase? No
Getting closer to the good stuff! Face care empties -
- Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel - This is my second bottle of Thayers Witch Hazel. I use it as my toner after I wash my face before my regular skincare routine. I find that it works great for getting the last little bit of residue that may have gotten left behind. I really liked the Rose scent and would have picked it up again but they were out of it. Repurchase? I already did!
- Masque Bar Wrinkle Reducing Sheet Mask - I picked up a box with 5 of these in the clearance section at Shopper's for $1.99, I figured under .50 a mask was a great price to try them out! It fits ok on my face but I do find that between my nose and mouth dries out really quickly when I wore it. I didn't notice a difference when I used it but I did only use 1 so far. I will let you know if I do notice anything! Repurchase? Not to sure, but if I found more for $1.99 I would probably pick them up!
- Eye Repair Spa Dark Circle Reducer Eye Patches - I picked up a box of 5 of these at the same time I picked up the previous sheet masks for the same price! I am always willing to try something that promises to help dark circles. I again have only used 1, it felt really cooling when I had them on, no noticeable difference yet though! Repurchase? Again if I found them for a good price I would probably pick them up.
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Nose Strips x3 - I pick these up at Dollarama and find that they do just as good a job as Biore but for a fraction of the price! Repurchase? Always!
- The Face Shop Apple Peeling Gel - I got a sample of this when I picked up another tub of the Mango Seed Makeup Removing Cream. I could not get this peel off so it was a mess trying to get it off of my face. I also didn't notice any difference other than my face felt slightly drier than before I used it. Repurchase? No
- Mac Pro Eye Makeup Remover - I choose this sample when I ordered the Mac Sculpting palette. I really liked this eye makeup remover a lot, it didn't sting my eyes and easily removed my eye makeup. Repurchase? It is on my list to maybe purchase after I use up the samples I have!
- Origins Modern Friction - A little of this exfoliator goes along way! I got this sample size in a Sephora Favorites set I think? It lasted me forever, It is a nice gentle exfoliator that didn't feel like it was scratching my skin. The only complaint I have about it is do not get this in your eyes! IT really stung my eyes when I got it in them. But that is the only negative I have, it feels great when you are using it and it really seems to get my face clean. It also didn't leave any residue on my face after rinsing. Repurchase? It has been added to my list of maybes.
- Clarisonic Radiance Head - I believe I have found my favorite brush head for my Clarisonic! This one is gentle on my face, no scratching feeling at all! Even with feeling so gentle it removed the last traces of makeup and left my face feeling clean! Repurchase? Yes
- Estèe Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye - I used up 1 of the deluxe sample jars that I had picked up late last year in a value kit. I really like this night-time eye cream, it is more of a gel consistency and it feels so good when I put it on. I use this every night and do find that my eye area is nice and moisturized when I wake up. Repurchase? I still have 2 more deluxe samples left!
- The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover - This travel size came in The Body Shop Boxing Day Bag that I had picked up. It was one of the products I was looking forward to trying out. I really wanted to like this eye makeup remover, but sadly I didn't find it did that great of a job. Not only did I have to use quite a bit and it still didn't remove everything, but it also stung my eyes. Repurchase? No
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask - I got this sleeping mask from INfluenster late last summer to try out. I didn't quite like it then but loved it over the Winter months! I used this a few times a week at night and my face felt so moisturized when I woke up. I think for my combo skin this is a better ft over the cooler/dry months. Repurchase? It is on the list for next winter.
Finally! The make up empties!
- Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Foundation - I got this sample from Sephora to try out and at first I found it to be to heavy. But than I tried it with a Beauty Blender, love it! When I used a foundation brush I found this to be fairly heavy and makeup-y looking but the beauty blender seemed to make it just blend into my skin so well. The lassting power was great as well, I would put this on at 530am and when I washed my face at 9pm it was still there! Repurchase? It is on the list for Imats!
- Clinique High Impact Mascara - I usually like the formula, brush, and weartime of CLiniques High Impact Mascara. But I think this deluxe sample may have been on the old side as it seemed to be fairly dry even when I first opened it. The natural bristles on the wand seem to give me tons of volume and it doesn't usually smudgeo n me, but this one did. Repurchase? I still have quite a lot of deluxe and full size mascaras to get through and usually get thisin a GWP when I pick up my day moisturizer so I have never had to buy a full size. I might buy a full size if needed though.
- Estèe Lauder DayWear BB Creme - This BB Cream had fairly good coverage! I really liked it when I first put it on but within 3 hours it had given me the dreaded polka dot face, completely sunk into every pore on my face. I am glad I tried this out in a sample size so I didn't waste money on it. I think if you don't have larger pores this might be a great option, especially for summer as it has SPF of 35. Repurchase? No
- Marc Jacobs Highliner in Brown(out) - I love the these liners! They are great for tightlining and in the waterline. One of a few liners that actually stays longer than an hour there for me! This pencil isn't done but I guess I left the cap off and it dried out on me. I am a huge fan of brown liners as I don't find them as harsh as black for me. Repurchase? I think I may bite the bullet and pick one up at the next Sephora sale.
- UD All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray - A full size beauty product!! I use this everyday that I put makeup on, it seems to make my makeup melt into my skin. I'm not entirely sure if it helps my makeup last longer but I think it might? Repurchase? I already have. I am curious about Model In A bottle, I think thats what it is called, maybe they will have that one at Imats this year, if they do I will be picking one up!
- Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium - Up until I tried out the Make Me Brow from Essence I was all set to pick up anpther tube of this. I like using it on days when I am just to lazy to bother being meticulous about my brows! It gives my blonde brows some colour and helps hide the few grey ones I seem to have now. Repurchase? Nope, I have found a cheaper option!
- Sephora Colourful Blush in Sweet On You! - I was actually quite surprised by how pigmented and longwearing this blush was. I only had to tap my brush on the card to get enough for each cheek and it lasted all day. This little sample card had enough product for me to use this blush all week. Repurchase? I wouldn't say no to picking up one if I find a shade that I don't already have.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash - I was hoping to really like this mascara, and I did really like how it made my lashes look. I didn't like that it smudged on me within a couple hours. Maybe I got a bad sample? I know a lot of people really like this and I haven't seen anyone else say that it smudged on them. ither that or I have the OILIEST eyes ever! Repurchase? No
- Miss Dior perfume sample - I liked this perfume and was asked quite a bit what I was wearing on the days I wore this to work. It does have a floral scent but it isn't overpowering. It wasn't a strong scent, just about right! Repurchase? Maybe
- Angel perfume sample - I liked this perfume but it is a very strong scent. It's not a flowery scent though, just very strong! Not one I can wear to wrok! Repurchase? No
- Nest Amazon Lily perfume sample - I wasn't a huge fan of this perfume. It has a very strong lily scent that sticks around. A tad to flowery for me. Repurchase? No
I was able to use up quite a few products over the past 2 months! But sadly, not many from my Sample Stash.