When I first learned that Boxycharm was finally available to Canadians, I couldn't sign up fast enough! I had seen and heard quite a few rave reviews on Boxycharm and had wanted to try them out for awhile. But until The end of May, Boxycharm didn't ship to Canada. Boxycharm retails for $21 USD with free shipping within the US. For shipping to Canada we are charged an extra $5 USD, with the exchange rate I pay approximately $35 CAD.
As far as shipping went though, I didn't receive my June Boxycharm until June 30, still in June, but just barely! I know that I will be getting my July box late as they were holding off sending the Canadian boxes until Canada Post was a little more stable, they didn't want them getting lost or sitting for however long waiting to find out what was happening with the possible strike/lock out. So I am thinking I won't get July's box until into August as I just received notification that I was charged for the July box on the 14.
The theme for June was 'Girls Just Wanna Have Sun' - Salt in the air, and sand in our hair.
In my June boxycharm I received -
- Cougar Beauty-Mineral Face & Body Shimmer-Diamond Kiss (£24.00)-This mineral face & body shimmer is formulated using feather-like shimmering minerals, adding a radiant sparkle when lightly brushed anywhere on the body. Great for adding a little extra sparkle to any look . This is a pretty gold shade that I think might look better on the body rather than the face as the shimmer in it is a little noticeable.
- Farmacy-Coconut Gel Mask Medley ($24.00)-This coconut gel mask provides intensive hydration and restores the skins natural balance helping even skin tone and improve overall clarity. Who wouldn't want to try out some face masks?!
- Girlactik-Precise Eyeliner Marker ($20.00)- This precision marker eyeliner's soft and precise tip is designed to create the perfect dramatic line. The formula is weightless, long lasting, water resistant, smudge proof, and lies comfortably on the eye with no pulling or tugging. I don't usually wear a lot of black eyeliner, I prefer brown, so I think I will give this to either my sister or my daughter.
- OFRA-Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick-Pasadena ($19.90)- OFRA long lasting liquid lipstick is a one step full color that does not feather. It is creamy and soft in texture, moisturizing the lips and creating a long lasting lipstick effect. OMG! A lip product that isn't red in a subscription box! I have been wanting to try this liquid lipsticks for a while, but they are not easily available in Canada, now I get to, in a color I would actually wear and be comfortable in.
- OFRA Oil Control Pressed Powder ($39.95)- This oil control pressed powder was designed to keep your makeup in tact all da! Perfect for oil control. Suitable for sensitive skin. This is a colorless powder that I am looking forward to trying out on my nose area, the only place I really get oily.
There was a difference between the Canadian and American boxes for June though. US received a LUX nail polish, and Canadians received the OFRA liquid lipstick. I was looking forward to the nail polish, but at least the lipstick is a shade that can be worn for everyday. Hopefully they don't start doing what the other US boxes did and start putting different things in boxes. I think that having a lot of variety is good, but than some people will get upset that they didn't get the 'one thing' that they 'could have' gotten.
As you may have noticed all of the products in Boxycharm are FULL SIZE! No dinky little sample cards of powder, sizes you can actually use your favorite brushes with. I like the fact that Boxycharm are full size products, no tiny samples. Boxycharm is by no means a cheap subscription box at $35 CAD (approx) but I do think it is worth the money as you are not getting sample sizes. Now if only the shipping to Canada could come sooner than the end of the month! We will see if the shipping time gets better!
What do you think of Boxycharm? Is it something you are interested in? I love getting mail and beauty boxes are like a little surprise present to myself every month!