My Empties Bag filled up really quickly this time! I went through a lot of product this past month, although I was near finished quite a few last month! Not many samples this month...but the Sample Stash is still growing! I think I have an idea of how I may be able to start getting through it though, look for a post on that soon!
I am going to start off with Body stuff, the not so exciting stuff, but the stuff we all use all the time.
- Bath & BodyWorks Mahogany Teak Wood Hand Soap - We go through at least one of these a month, I only buy them when they are on sale (think $3-4 each!). I like these for keeping at all the sinks in our house, they don't dry out my hands to much and leave a nice scent behind. This scent I was not a fan of though, it just seemed to 'woodsy' for me. Glad to have it finally gone and ready for the recycle bin. Repurchase? Not this scent.
- Baléa Exfoliating Foot Scrub - I picked this packet up at Shopper's Drug Mart to try out and I really like it. It has a good amount of grit to help get the dry skin off of your feet and has a cooling minty feel on my feet. I was able to get 2 uses out of the package which it pretty good considering you can get 3 for $5 I think? Repurchase? Yes.
- Bath & BodyWOrks Waikiki Beach Coconut Body Cream - I found the scent on this lotion to be a mixture of coconut and sweet! It smelled great and the scent lingered for awhile after. I am wishing I had picked up more than 1 tube! The Bath &BodyWorks 24 hour moisture Ultra Shea Body Cream is one of my favorites to use after a shower, especially in the winter. Repurchase? Always, and once again always on sale!
- Wella Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray - I think I recieved this spray in a TopBox, a few years ago.... I really liked it and it lasted forever. It made my hair shiney and soft and helped keep my hair straight when I used a flat iron. Repurchase? I am not even sure if it is available anymore and I have a few other heat protectant sprays to get through. Maybe?
- Nivea Invisible For Black & White Anti-Perspirant - I received this anti-perspirant in my Elle Canada Grand Prix testing products, if you would like to see what my first impressions were of it you can read it here. I really liked this anti-perspirant, it worked and didn't stain any of my clothes! Repurchase? Yes!
- Bath & BodyWorks PocketBac Honeydew Cooler - I have started using these little hand sanitizers again lately. They are a great size to cli to your purse and take anywhere with you. They aren't the most cost effective but they comein some great scents! Honeydew Cooler has a nice fresh scent that again lingers, I have ot be careful using some of the scents at work but this one seems to pass! Repurchase? Yes.
- Schick Intuition Advanced Moisture refill - I go through at least one of these a month, not having to mess around with shave cream and a razor at 5am is a very good thing! Not to mention they are a great price at Costco, razor plus 12 refills for under $30 CAD, lasts me almost a year. Repurchase? Always.
- Curl Keeper Ultimate Hold with Frizz Control - I think I got this in a Birchbox? not to sure. I have been using this gel when I am going to let my hair air dry. It helped to keep my hair from going frizzy and also hold the wave in for the day. I was worried that it would leave my hair crunchy but it did not! I have another sample that I am working through now, not to sure on where I can pick this up though. Repurchase? If I can find it!
Next we have some face care.
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes - What can I say, I like a few things I can pick up at Costco! I use these everyday to wipe my face off of the makeup remover I use before I use my Clarisonic. I find that I do have to store them upside down so that they stay moist, other than that I can't find anything that works as good as these do. Especially for the price. The wipes have a nice texture to them that seems to help remove my makeup. Repurchase? Always.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - I use these cotton pads for everything! They have a good thickness that doesn't seem to absorb all the products I use them with. They also don't leave any bits of cotton my face! I use them to remove eye makeup, nail polish, and to apply my toner. They are $1.25 at Dollarama and you get 100 in the package. Repurchase? Always.
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Nose strips - Another Dollarama find! $3? for a box at Dollarama. I find that these work just as well at cleaning out my pores on my nose as Biore, at a fraction of the price. I keep meaning to use these more frequently, and than I forget! I am hoping to use these more! Repurchase? Yes.
- Garnier Clean Makeup Removing Lotion Cleanser - I received this from Garnier back in March of 2015....I kind of forgot about it until I used up FaceShop cleanser and was cleaning out my bathroom! I finished it off and still liked it! I wouldn't use it alone as my main method of removing makeup but it works great as a first step. Repurchase? Maybe, but I do really like the Faceshop Mango Seed one best.
- Marcelle Gentle Make-Up For Sensitive Eyes - I think I got this travel size in a gratis bag from the Womens Show a few months ago. I was not expecting to like this as my sister hates it! But I did really like it, it removed my eye makeup (including water proof mascara) easily and without much rubbing. That is a huge plus for me as I don't need any help getting more wrinkles there! This is a bi-phase cleanser so if you don't shake it to mix it it doesn't do anything! I found it comparable to Lancôme at a slightly lower price. Repurchase? I probably will whenever I run out off my samples....
- Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost MOisturizer - I got this sample size in 2 kits I picked up in the Spring, Skin Squad and Make A Splash. So I actually have another sample of this to use up but I think I may wait until the fall. I liked this but did find it to be maybe just a little to moisturizing for my skin right now during the daytime, under makeup. The scent of this is great though, if you like citrus scents. Repurchase? I doubt it, I have other moisturizers I like better.
- Tarte Rainforest of The Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel - Another sample from the Spring sets I picked up. I didn't really like this cleanser at all though. I found it to be quite drying and my face felt really tight after using it. Maybe that's why the moisturizer is so moisturizing?! I am going to give my daughter the other sample I have of this, maybe she will like it better than I did. Repurchase? No.
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask - A deluxe sample from a favorites set maybe? I didn't notice any difference when I used this mask. My face didn't feel more moisturized or less moisturized, the later is a good thing! I like trying out skincare in sample sizes so I can decide if it is something I want to buy full size of without buying a full size. Repurchase? No.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil - Yay! I used up a skincare sample! I have started using Argan Oil at night as part of my nightly skincare routine. I mix 2 drops in with my serum and it seems to be making my skin feel more hydrated when I wake up in the morning. I was worried that oil would make my skin oilier but that has not been the case. I do have quite a few more samples to get through so I think it will be awhile before I need to purchase any. Repurchase? Yes. eventually.
- Lancôme La vie est belle - I didn't finish this perfume sample, the scent just is not for me at all. On my skin all I can smell are the floral notes, and they are strong. Repurchase? No
- Clean Sueded Oud - I don't know what it is about this scent but I really liked it. It lasted all day on me and wasn't really strong, just a nice clean scent! Almost masculine, but not quite. Repurchase? Maybe
- Marchesa Parfum D'Extase - 3 perfume samples! Another light fresh scent that I liked wearing while it lasted! Even though this perfume has a floral scent it seemed to work for me, not to strong, just right. Repurchase? Maybe.
I have recently rediscovered my love for scented candles! I used to love burning candles, not sure why I stopped actually. Anyway I have started again, and this time I have found Yankee Candle! I will be posting a 'little' candle haul later on, Yankee Candle has had a few great sales that I just had to indulge in! I like Fresh, Fruity, Sweet scents.
- Orange Dreamsicle - I picked this candle up thinking it would smell like an Orange Dreamsicle, which I love! Sadly, to my nose it didn't quite capture the scent. I got really tired of this scent really quickly. It didn't smell like orange, nor did it smell sweet, it just smelled a little weird. I couldn't wait to finish this candle to get rid of it.. I did however find out that I really don't like the Large jar candles, they are a pain to light, BBQ lighter is needed for these! It also made a big mess on the rim of the jar, a lot of soot, keep away from your light colored walls! Repurchase? No
- Pure Radiance Crackling After Dark - I wanted to try out one of the Crackling candles and this was the scent I found that I liked the most. I did like this candle but I won't be buying another Crackling candle, when it is burning you have to watch as the wood wick sends sparkes out. The sound of the wood burning was very soothing, but I was not happy when I saw sparks coming out. Repurchase? No
- Sunset Breeze Votive - I loved the scent of this candle! It has a great Fresh, Fruity scent with a great throw! I could smell this candle on the whole level of my house that I was burning it on, but it also wasn't overpowering in my office! Repurchase? I already have, a few times!
- Catching Rays Votive - Another great scent for me! This scent is more orange, I think, whatever it is I like it! Great throw on this one to, and still not to overpowering. Repurchase? Yes again a few times.
- Bahama Breeze Votive - Can you tell I like Fruity scents?! Same as the previous 2, great all around. Repurchase? You betcha!
That was a lot of product! I finished off a few full sized items that have been hanging around with just a bit left in them. Do you do that at all? Switch to something else when a product is almost done? I am trying to get through the Sample Stash, but I keep forgetting about the products. I think I may have a new system to get through them, I'll let you know later this month what I am going to try out! Did you finish up many products last month? Working on a Sample Stash of your own? Let me know!