It keeps happening! I have yet again, added more to the ever increasing Sample Stash! I think I may need to rethink my idea of trying to get through these Samples! I keep forgetting that I have so many samples that I picked out because I was interesting in trying the products, than I promptly forget I have them. I have recently been just throwing all my new samples into a bowl and now the bowl is full.... I have been trying to remember to use them I swear! Not the new ones but the old ones... It just wasn't working out quite as I had planned. So I came up with an idea! Shocking, I know. My brilliant idea is that I am going to continue to have everything sorted out but with a new addition! I am going to pick out a few makeup/primer/etc samples from each category and have them sitting out on my desk so that I will remember to use them. And for skincare samples I will bring out a few of each category - moisturizer/cleanser/makeup remover/etc and put those in a container on my bathroom counter so that they are right in front of my face. That way I can't forget about them! I am planning on pulling new samples every Sunday for all categories. Instead of including my Sample Stash empties in with my Monthly trash post, I will do a separate empties/update post each month on how my status is coming along. That way I will be able to give you my thoughts on if anything wowed me enough that I want to pick up a full size.
Here is how many samples I have added in -
Added in to the Sample Stash are -
Perfume-9, Mascara-2, Exfoliator-6, Masks-4, Cleansers-6, Eye Cream-2, Serums-7, Moisturizers-15, Primer-6, Foundation-10, Lips-5, Hair-3 and Extras-4. I have added in 76 more Samples! This is going to take some time to get through! I did receive quite a few during a VIB Rouge Event, as well as having placed a few orders during a bonus sample event...I think I may have a problem! I have even given some away, and yet they keep piling up. Hopefully my new system helps me to get through a fair amount of them, I picked out quite a few of these samples because they were products I was interested in trying out.
I managed to get through a few samples last month -
- Clinique Take THe Day Off - I used up 2 of these and while they worked great, it isn't for me. The consistency of CLiniques Take The Day Off is very thick, think hardened coconut oil! It does melt quickly into your skin though. I just can't see myself trying to dig out product that thick from a tub.
- Ole Henrikson Lemon Strip Flash Peel - From the pot it doesn't have to much of a scent, so that is good. I don't remember it doing anything that amazing for my face either. If I get another sample I would try it again to see if I like it?
- Boscia Thermal Black Cleanser - This is an ok cleanser, it does heat up when you rub it on your face which is kind of different! Nothing spectactular though.
- VIB ROuge A Fresh Pair Sample Duo - This was a 2 part sample I got during a Rouge event at Sephora. First you used the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish, which is a really nice lip scrub. The scrub has a nice amount of grit that it felt like it was doing a good job of exfoliating my lips and it tasted good to! The second step was to use the Fresh Sugar Lip Serum, this was a gel like consistancy lip serum. I liked it at first but it broke me out after the second day. I even tried using it again a week later once I had healed up and the same thing happened again. So I won't be buying the serum, but maybe the scrub!
- Benefit they're real remover - I was able to get 2 uses out of the sample. I didn't find that it removed makeup any better than using water would have. For me this one was a complete dud and I won't be picking it up.
- Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Gel Cleanser - I have gone through a travel size of this cleanser before. It's ok but nothing spectacular for me. I like my Purity cleanser better and can get the purity for a far better price.
- Curl Keeper Ultimate Hold with Frizz Control - I really like this gel! It doesn't leave my hair crunchy but really does help to define my wave and keep the frizz under control. Stashy from Stash Matters has let me know that Trade Secrets carries this product so I think after I finish up some other products I will be going to see if they carry it in London.
- Angel Eau De Toilette - I really liked the spicey scent of Angel. It is a little to strong to wear at work but I am tempted to pick it up anyway!
- Gucci Premiere - To me this one had a slight powder scent that wasn't my favorite. The scent did last quite awhile though.
- Fresh Life - A perfect scent that I could wear easily at work. Not to strong but it did last. Another one to the maybe pile.
- Guerlain Maxi Lash - I had high hopes for this mascara. The brush is very similar to Benefits they're real, which I really like. Sadly that is where the similarities ended. This mascara had smudged under my eyes within an hour of putting it on! Not a good look! I tried using it with all sorts of eye primers and nothing could stop it from smudging, I even tried it out one day without any other makeup on, same results.
- Glamglow Gravitymud Firming treatment - I was really excited to tryout this mask, Tinman here I come! This mask is a silver color and is supposed to tighten and firm. I didn't notice either of those claims after trying it. I found that I need to put on a fairly thick layer otherwise it did not peel off like it was supposed to and was actually quite hard to remove. Because of needing to use so much of this at a time it isn't one I would spend my money on very easily.
- Lancôme Hypnôse Drama - This mascara has a natural bristle brush which I also like. It has a wierdly shaped brush though, kind of an S shape. The shape took some getting used to but I loved what it did for my lashes! It gave volume and length and did not smudge at all! I wouldn't say no to getting more of this one!
I managed to get through 15 samples last month which is better than I have been doing but not quite good enough to get through the growing stash I have. I am hoping that pulling a few samples from the Stash each week will help me to remember to try more things out.
Do you have any hints/ideas on ways to remember to try out the samples you get? Am I the only one hoarding samples?!