Wow, where have I been?! I have barely written anything in the past few months and I can't honestly say why. It hasn't been for lack of ideas or products, I have still been shopping, trying new products and of course taking pictures! I just haven't been able to sit down at my computer to write. I seem to not have much time for anything lately. But I am hoping to change that. I have been reading a lot of blog posts on how to stay organized and hope that some of it has stuck! Here's hoping anyway.
I know it is pretty late to be posting my empties for the month of August but I thought better late than never, right?! I managed to get through quite a few things over the last month and here are a few thoughts on them.
- Marcelle-Gentle Makeup Remover For sensitive Eyes - I had a sample size of this that I had used up awhile ago and really liked it. My sister had picked up this full size and kept trying it out and she really did not like it at all, so she gave it to me! I find that this eye makeup remover works great and removes all my eye makeup easily without stinging my eyes. I will say that I am not a fan of the way it comes out of the bottle in the full size, it has a squirter type hole in the top? I just wasn't a fan of that so I actually put this into the sample bottle I had and used it from there, the top was completely open on the sample size. My sister gave this to me with a little more than half full. Repurchase? Definitely on my list!
- Kirkland-Daily Facial Towelettes - These are in pretty much every empties post, my goto wipes! Repurchase? Always
- Cotton Pads - Another product that is usually in every empties post. Great for the price and work well enough for me. Repurchase? Always
- 7th Heaven-Cucumber Peel-Off Mask - I was able to get 2 masks out of this package, and it actually peeled! Have you ever tried peel-off masks and they didn't peel off that easily? I have and I am happy to say that this is one that does. I did notice that once I peeled the mask off that my face did feel really clean, almost to clean in some places! I definitely needed to use a good moisturizer after this mask to put some moisture back. Repurchase? Not completely sure yet!
- Bath & BodyWorks-Mediterranean Blue Waters Body Cream - The BBW body cream is my preferred body cream, they have so many great scents and they provide enough moisture for me no matter what the season. The Mediterranean Blue Waters scent is a nice fresh scent that just makes me a little more awake in the am! Repurchase? Always
- Farmacy-Brightening Face Mask - I got these in my first Boxycharm and am finally getting around to trying it out. They are actually a different type of sheet mask, not your typical thin one. They are actually a fairly thick almost rubbery material. It was a weird sensation putting this one! I did like how my skin felt and looked afterward. My skin felt soft and did have a bit of a glow to it! Repurchase? Maybe
- Thayers Original WItch Hazel - I tried out the Original formula to see if there was much of a deference from the Rose one I have had before. Happy to say no difference in how it worked but I do prefer the Rose one more. Repurchase? Yes, some form of this brand anyway!
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Nose Strips - What more can I say about these? They work just as good as Biore, but at a fraction of the price. Repurchase? Always
- Schick Intuition Replacement Razor - Another favorite product! I think one of these must have gotten thrown out, I went through more than one last month. Repurchase? Always
- Garnier-Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream - I used up a face cream! It took me forever to use this up. NOt because I didn't like it, but because I only used it a few times a week. It is a little heavy of a face cream for me to use every night, especially in the warmer months. The cream is fairly thick and a little goes along way. IT does take a bit of time to sink in to my skin as well. I did however wake up to moisturized skin and it didn't give me an adverse effects! Repurchase? Maybe in the cooler months.
I managed to finish up 3 makeup empties! Yay me.
- Tarte-Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist - I really liked this spray alot! I used it before my makeup almost like a primer and it seemed to help my makeup go on smoother and last longer! Not to bad for a spray! This does have a scent to it, kind of a citrus scent. Very refreshing during the hot months we have had lately! I also sprayed this during the day when I would have a hot moment and it did not mess up my makeup at all, and sometimes, I sprayed it more than once. Repurchase? I have been keeping an eye on the sephora site but it hasn't came back in stock. I do have another deluxe sample size to use though so hopefully it comes back in.
- Mac- Eye Brow Pencil in Fling - I have had this pencil for a while and recently found it again when I was starting to organize my new makeup space. I forgot how much I really liked this. Fling is the perfect ashy color if you have light brown to blonde hair. Not to warm, but also not to cool. One of the only bad things about it is that once you click it up, that's it, it is not retractable. I have found that 2-3 clicks is just about right for me to fill in the spots that need filling. The only other negative that you may be able to find with Fling, is that there is no spoolie on the end, not really a big negative for me as I seem to have a few hanging around. Repurchase? I already did.
- Sephora Retractable Brow Pencil in Neutral Gray Brown - This is another great pencil, that again is just the right shade for me. The Sephora brand pencil is retractable so you don't need to worry about bring up to much product and wasting it. It also has a 'spoolie' on the end. I only used it once, it's a hard plastic comb type of one that I didn't find did much for me. Repurchase? Maybe.
A few home scents-
- Bath & Body Works-Wallflowers in Endless Weekend - My sister loves these plug in scent things and said I had to try them out! One thing I can say, they are strong! I am not sure if it was the scents I picked up or what. All I can say is, WOW. I first put it in my office, way to strong in the small room. Next tried it in my kitchen, again to much. So now I have it in the bottom level of my 4 level backsplit and I can still smell it on the next level and faintly on the main. If you not a fan of burning candles and like to put a scent in and forget about it for over a month these would be great! I like changing up scents a lot and get bored pretty quickly. Repurchase? I think I will continue to pick them up, my basement has never smelt better!
- Yankee Candle-Turquoise Sky - When I smelled this in the store I thought it was a great scent. once I started burning it though, I found it was just not for me. It gave me a headache both times I tried burning it so I gave my votive holder to my sister and got her to finish burning it. I also gave her the other votives I had of this scent. She said she liked it, so at least they won't go to waste. Repurchase? No
- Yankee Candle-Honey Clementine - This candle is a great blend of citrus with a slight hint of sweet. I love it! I am not usually a fan of fake orange scent but Yankee Candle got it right with this one. Repurchase? Already picked up a small tumbler! (They were having another sale...)
I managed to get through quite a few full size products this past month, which I am very happy with. I am slowly working away at finishing up what I already have open so that I can get to using up a few other things that are sitting waiting. I am not a fan of having a lot of different skincare products open at one time and try to finish things up first before moving on to the next thing.
Did you finish up anything good last month? Anything new that you are really impressed with? Or had to find a different use for?