Wow I have been very absent around here for quite a few months. There have been quite a few things going on in the last half of 2016 for me. Not all great but some that are! I have been trying to figure out a new OS, my husband finally talked me into getting on board with Mac! It is completely different from using a Windows based computer. I still haven't figured much out, but I think I may have gotten a handle on editing a few minor things in pictures. Hopefully I have enough figured out to get back to my little space on the web! If you have any tips/apps/programs that you love, let me know! The difference from my Windows to the Mac is astounding when it comes to pictures.
I thought I would ease back into posting with an empties post, not to mention I need to get rid of all this trash! I managed to actually get through quite a bit of stuff in 2 months!
Starting off with Bath and Body Care -
- Nivea Body Wash care & orange - Love the scent of this! Bonus points for not drying out my skin as well. In the summer I could get away without using a moisturizer, not so much in wintertime. Repurchase? Always!
- Bath & BodyWorks Ultra Shea Body Cream - I used up 2 scents, Mediterranean Blue Waters and Endless Weekend, of the 2 i preferred mediterranean blue waters. MBW has a fresher scent that I enjoyed. Repurchase? In some scent or other!
- Joico K-Pak Conditioner - I received this during a cut-a-thon for Parkinson's a few years ago. I used to use Joico all the time when I was cutting hair full-time, I don't remember the scent being like this. This smelled off from the time I started using it and it did not seem to be the same formula as I was used to, it just wasn't as intense as I remember. I ended up using this as a shave cream when I forget to grab a new cartridge for my Intuition razor! Repurchase? I highly doubt it unless I smell it and it doesn't have the same off smell.
- TRESemme Expert Hair Maximizer - I really liked how my hair felt whenever I used this styling cream. My hair felt soft, not crunchy and bonus for not making it feel dirty the next day. Repurchase? Maybe, I am working through a backlog of products atm.
- Schick Intuition razor refill - What can I say, I am a creature of habit! Repurchase? Always
- drybar Detox Dry Shampoo - Did a great job of soaking up oils but if you are sensitive to scents you probably won't like this one. You could smell this in my hair for most of the day. Repurchase? Not likely, I am not a fan of my hair competing with perfume!
- bumble and bumble Surf Spray - Loved this stuff! It really helped to define the wave in my hair and never left me crunchy. Repurchase? Maybe, again once I get through backlog.
- Bath and BodyWorks Foaming Hand soap - We used up only 1 hand soap? I think maybe another may have ended up in the real trash. The winter scent was nice and fresh smelling and the guys didn't seem to mind it. Repurchase? Again like most Bath & BodyWorks products I will repurchase in some scent!
- Life Brand Exfoliating Foot Scrub - I didn't have to high of expectations with this foot scrub but was pleasantly surprised at just how well it worked. There is enough grit in it to get a really good scrub. It did a great job of getting most of the dry skin off my feet. Repurchase? I think so.
Next up is Face and Beauty -
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - I used up 2 packs of these! These are almost always in an empty post. Great cheap cotton rounds from Dollarama. Repurchase? Always
- Simple Cleansing Micellar Water - I was not a huge fan of this Micellar water at all. I found it left a film on my face as well as makeup! I also found that I couldn't use it near my eyes as it made them burn. Repurchase? No
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towlettes - Always in my empties! Repurchase? Always
- Pacifica Purify Coconu Water Cleansing Wipes - I was not a fan of these wipes at all! They were not as moist as my usual wipes nor did have any texture to the wipe, they were more like a baby wipe than a makeup removing wipe. Repurchae? No
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil - I picked this up quitre a while ago and than kind of forgot about it! Once I started using it I fell in love with it! I put this oil on in the morning when I am starting to get ready and by the time I am ready for lipstick it has mostly sunk in. Repurchase? Already did.
- Neat & Easy Pore Strip - I used up 3 of them! I am ttrying to remember to use these at least once a week as I do find that they do a good job of clearing out my pores on my nose. My makeup does apply better after using these. Repurchase? Yes
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye - This is my second to last one left in my stash. I am alternating using this with other eye creams that I have. I already know I like it. Repurchase? Probably seeing as I have another waiting.
- Sephora Waterproof eye Makeup Remover - This is a really great eye makeup remover and it is fairly affordable to! Gets all my eye makeup off without irritating my eyes. Repurchase? Probably, the price is good, $14 CAD for this size.
- 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - I got this in a sample box, I think. It worked well, played nice with makeup and a little went a long way. Not much else to say! Repurchase? If I could find it easily I probably would.
- Farmacy Hydraing Coconut Gel Mask - I got this face mask in my first Boxycharm, back in June. It was a fine mask, left my face feeling hydrated. I don't really notice a huge diference when I use sheet masks other than hydrated skin. But they are fun and relaxing! Repurchase? I have a ton of face masks to get through so probably not anytime soon.
- Clarins Super Restorative Remodeling Serum - One of the products I got the chance to blind test from the Elle Canada Beauty Grand Prix. I actually ended up liking this serum once I started using it more frequently. I enjoyed the blind testing but I think with serums and such you really do need to use them for longer than a week. Repurchase? Maybe, I am stil working through the backlog...
- Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - Wow, I have had this forever and just recently found it. If you are in the market to buy a seperate mascara for your bottom lashes this one was great, that I can remember! It never smudged but because the wand wa so tiny it did take a bit to coat the lashes. Repurchae? Doubt it, I don't think I need a seperate mascara for bottom lashes as I rarely but anythingon them lately.
- Carmex Lip Ointment - This is another product that took forever to use up! I have been using this at night and I have been waking up to soft lips! Repurchase? Maybe? I have a lot of balms and such to get through before I need to buy one.
Lastly, Home Fragrances -
- Bath and BodyWorks Pocketbac - Endless Weekend was a nice scent. I always just grab a couple scents and hang them off my purse and lunch bag. Repurchase? Always
- Yankee Candle votive in Vanilla Lime - This was a nice fresh scent, although it did not have the greatest throw. It really only scented a small room. Repurchase? Yes, even though it wasn't the strongest scent it was nice.
- Yankee Candle small tumbler n Candy Cane Lane - One of my favorite Christmas time scents from Yankee Candle. It has just enough mint with a hint of sweetness. This one had a better throw than the Vanilla Lime. Repurchase? Already did
- Yankee Candle votive in Silver Birch - Weirdly I found this had a more of a floral scent. Not my favorite scent. Repurchase? Probably not.
- Bath and BodyWorks Pocketbac - Twisted Peppermint is a classic wintertime scent from Bath & Bodyworks! The Pocket bac had just the right amount of mint/sweetness. Repurchase? Next year!
Not a bad empties post to wrap up 2016! I used up quite a few full size products over November and December which always makes me happy! I hate wasting products and like to free up some space, full size products take up more room than samples! Not to mention that you can figure out whether or not the product works for you. And you spent your money on them!