I am still trying to get through the backlog/backups that seem to be everywhere lately! Not the biggest empties ever, but not the smallest! I managed to use up quite a few face wipes somehow?! Without further ado, on to the empties for September -
- Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Wipes - I used up a travel size, which I took to Cleveland, as well as a full size of the wipes. I think what happened is that I didn't quite finish either of them in August and so I finished them both of last month. Repurchase? Always, unless I find something else that is better for such a great price?
- Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Cloths - I think this one goes along with the Kirkland above! 3 packages of wipes is a lot to go through! But I didn't use up any last month, hence why I think I have so many this month. Repurchase? Maybe, if I ran out of the Kirkland and needed some.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - Almost always in my empties! Great buy at Dollarama, $1.25 CAD. I doubt I will find a better price for cotton rounds. Repurchase? Definietly
- B&BW Waikiki Beach Coconut Body Cream - Another usual product, in one scent or another. I liked the Wakiki Beach Coconut scent, I usually got a comment that I smelled good at work! Repurchase? In an array of scents!
- B&BW Snow Kissed Citrus Foaming Hand Soap - I have one of these Foaming Hand Soaps in each bathroom and in the kitchen, We usually empty at least one a month! I am hoping that this scent returns for the winter season, I really liked it in the kitchen. Repurchase? Always when there is a good sale.
- B&BW PocketBac Endless Weekend - I always have one of these PocketBacs in my purse in some scent. It is getting towards flu season so I will probably start to go through these quicker again. I have to say that i am not the biggest fan of the packaging though, I can never completely finish them. Repurchase? For the foreseeable future, until I find a better one.
- Bed head Foxy Curls - I picked this up at the beginning of the summer hoping it would be good to bring out the waves in my hair. It does do that fairly well. But I hate how it makes my hair feel, I have thick enough hair on my own and this styling cream made my hair feel heavy and thicker, almost like there was a coating on it. I haven't finished this but i really don't want to use it anymore! I am giving it to my sister to try out, she has fine hair so maybe it will work better for her. Repurchase? No
- Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel - used up this face wash in the shower every morning. It wasn't bad, it did leave my face feeling clean. It just didn't wow me. Repurchase? I wouldn't seek it out but I also wouldn't say no to using it again!
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Pore Strips x2 - managed to use up 2 of the strips last month! I am happy to say that the regular ones are much better than the rose ones, They don't smell great, but no were near as bad as the rose scented ones! Repurchase? More than likely!
- Dans Un Jardin Sugar Scrub - Another Elle Canada Beauty Grand Prix product used up! I wasn't the biggest fan of this one, but I think I just am not the biggest fan of sugar scrubs. When I first apply it it feels great, really scrubby! But the sugar quickly dissolves and than its not so scrubby! I think I like salt scrubs more, the salt seems to last longer. I did like the scent of this though, its a little fruity a little sweet! I also appreciated that the tub came with a scoop in it to get the scrub out so I didn't have to dig my fingers into it. Repurchase? I don't think so, its a good product just not for me.
- TBS Vitamin E Moisture Cream - I took this sample size to Cleveland and it really helped to put the moisture back into my skin from the hard water there. I finished it up at home as a night time moisturizer. I fidn that TBS Vitamin E cream is just to moisturizing for my face during the day but I could get away with it at night a few times a week. Repurchase? Maybe, if I feel like I am need of a moisturizing face cream.
- Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Marine Boosting Mist - I think this is my last sample of this face mist. I really like using this before I put on a lightweight foundation. It seems to be just enough for those days when I wear a lighter face. I love the scent of it as well, sweet and fresh! Repurchase? I think during the Fall VIB sale I will be breaking down and picking up a full size bottle of this.
I managed to get through a few samples last month, which is always great to see! The Sample Stash just keeps growing though! I am still a huge fan of online shopping and that is probably why! My thoughts on the samples used up in September are -
- BeautiControl Makeup Remover Wipes - I have no clue were this wipe came from. It was however the worst wipe I ever used! It was so tiny and could barely get an eye shadow swatch off of my hand. Purchase? Never!
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation - I got this sample last month when I was trying a couple for my nephews wedding. This was actually the one I wanted to try. It was ok, nothing great. It started breaking up on my nose within 6 hours, so not long enough for a workday for me but ok for the weekend! Or if I didn't have to have my makeup looking great for to long. Purchase? Sadly no.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation - Another Sephora sample! I love that you can go into Sephora and get colour matched and get samples of a few foundations to try before you buy them. I thought that I would love this one as I love the Naked skin one. I do not like this one at all! It lasts ok on my skin, not as good as Naked though!, but I can feel it on my skin. It feels like a mask on me no matter how I apply it. I tried a brush and a Beauty Blender and hated the feeling. Purchase? Nope.
- Living Proof Prime Style extender - Let me just say, I love this stuff! It makes it so easy to comb through my hair wet and gives me some soft hold without weighing down my hair. I am so happy that I have another samples of this stuff! It'll give me time before I have to finally break down and buy a bottle. Purchase? Eventually!
- drybar Sake Bomb Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner - I love the smell of the drybar Sake Bomb. The combination of the shampoo and conditioner made my hair feel like silk! I was able to use the conditioner a second time and my hair felt so soft than to. I was able to go 3 days before needing to wash my hair again after using these. Purchase? Maybe, I'll have to check them out in store!
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask - I liked using this at night when my face is feeling a little dry or after doing a deep cleansing mask. I was able to get 3 uses out of this sample.
- Assorted perfume samples - I only tried 2 of these perfumes, Bvlgari-Mon Jasmin Noir and Lancome-La vie est belle, twice. They both smelled horrible on me! The Viktor & Rolf-Bon Bon smelled great though and I did finish it up! Purchase? Maybe the Viktor & Rolf.
Still keeping it low on the candles! I am still burning 'Summer' scents as the weather in Southern Ontario really hasn't felt like Fall yet. he scents I used up in September were -
- Coconut Beach x2 -I discovered this scent from Yankee Candle this year and it quickly became a favorite for me. The coconut scent isn't overpowering but you can still smell it. Love burning it in my office. Repurchase? Yes!
- Golden Sands - This one is more of a warm scent to me, kind of comfortable. It has sandalwood and tonka beans with a hint of orange. Repurchase? Probably
- Beach Walk - A nice subtle refreshing scent, with a hint of fresh laundry! It isn't a very strong scent, just enough that you know its there. Repurchase? Another maybe, I do still have a few more!
- Bahama Breeze tea light - More of a fruity scent, but not to fake. I seem to be drawn to citrus scents lately. Repurchase? Maybe next year, I still have a few left.
- Strawberry Lemon Ice tea light - When you first light this the strawberry scent is the first you smell. It does however quickly change over to more of a lemony scent. Repurchase? I may have to pick up a few votives of this next year if they have it again.
Not a bad batch of empties! I managed to use a lot of wipes at least! Have you been enjoying an extended Summer where you are? I don't know about you but I am ready to start getting more in the spirit of Fall.
Total of the products I have used up so far for 2017 -
- Hair and Body care - 12 (93)
- Deluxe/Travel size - 2 (29)
- Home Fragrance - 6 (48)
- Makeup - 0 (14)
- Tools - 0 (3)
- Samples - 10 (69)