WOW back to back posts! Time to get caught up.
I keep starting the month with the best intentions of posting more frequently, but one again life got in the way and I am just around to getting my empties up again. I am quite happy with the amount of product I managed to use up last month, quite a few full size ones! For some reason no makeup wipes though?!
Slowly working through the skincare samples!
- B&BW Foaming Hand Soap in Snow Kissed Citrus- Our hand soap of choice! I like the Sun Kissed Citrus scent, it has just the right amount of citrus with a hint of sweetness.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads- Great buy at Dollarama, $1.25 for a pack of 100. I use these for removing eye makeup, toner, Bioderma, removing nail polish, etc. I have never had them leave fluff anywhere and they don't soak up a lot of product.
- B&BW 24 hour Ultra Shea Body Cream in Italian Citrus Sun- I use the B&BW Ultra Shea Body Cream as both a body moisturizer and a hand cream. This is a scent that I can use at work that doesn't give any of my co-workeres who are sensitive to scents headaches. Light citrus with a hint of sweet again, there is an ongoing theme happening this month!
- B&BW Body Cream in Almond & Vanilla- See above for how much I like the B&BW Body Cream! I really liked the newish formula of the Almond & Vanilla, it wasn't as sweet as their usual Vanilla scented products. And it was quite moisturizing as well.
- Neat & Easy Nose Strip- I only managed to use 1 nose strip in October, I hope I can remember more in November!
- Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment- I like getting the deluxe travel sizes of the Glamglow masks, I like them just not enough to spend the $$$ on them! I only use this on my nose as thats where I tend to get the oiliest and have the largest pores. I think if I was to purchase a full size it would dry out long before I could get around to using up the tub.
- Shiseido Ultimate Eye- This sample size lasted me for just over a months worth of nightly use. I like the Ultimate Eye serum and have used up a full size of it before. I keep thinking I am going to pick up a full size than promptly forget about it until I use it again. Maybe this time I will.
- Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream- This was a nice night-time eye cream for me. I was able to use this sample for a month as well. I didn't notice a huge difference in. my underage area though so the hunt continues!
- dr Brandt Collagen Eye Serum- I picked this up when I was in Shopper's Drug Mart and saw this on for under $10 CAD hoping it would be like the Shiseido, unfortunately it was not. This isn't empty but I noticed that when I used it I would get tiny white dots on the outer corners of my eyes, so I am getting rid of it.
- Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream- This little hand cream was perfect for in my purse where it lived for quite some time! I actually forgot about it and found it when I was cleaning out my purse! I really liked it though once I started using it. It was very hydrating and the effects lasts longer than some others I have tried. I noticed that it is part of the Sephora Black Friday specials, with a lip balm, for $14.00 CAD, so I may pick it up again.
- Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap- This was an ok face wash, if you can get past the smell. I am not sure if it was the regular scent of this product or not but to me it reminded me of soap scum. Not a treat for applying to my face! It didn't make my face feel tight at all though which is a good thing!
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate- My favourite facial exfoliator! I am trying to get better at using up what I have when it comes to skincare, as you can see by empties this month! I picked up 2 sets last Boxing Day that had the small size of the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate so this is my start at using up sample sizes first!
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel- I really didn't see the need to spend much on brow gel, until I used this...I really liked this clear brow gel, it didn't leave my brows crunchy or add any color to them. It just gave some hold. I am seriously thinking on picking up a full size of the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel even though spending almost $30 CAD for a clear brow product almost makes me cringe!
- it Bye Bye Makeup- I had gotten this in a TSC it cosmetics value pack and finally got around to trying it out. At first I wasn't;t that impressed with it but it seemed that once I got through the top portion of the jar I really started liking it! It is a very thick cream, almost like the Clinique Take The Day Off, that seemed to not be quite as thick once I got through the top portion. I am not a fan of scooping product out with my fingers so I used a cotton swab to get it out! It did a good job of breaking down my makeup without making me breakout! You do definitely have to wash your face after using this though, it leaves a slight greasy feeling after you wipe it off.
- Schick Intuition Razor Refill- Not much to say about my razor of choice
I used up quite a few haircare samples in October!
I think I am getting better at using up samples!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream- I remembering loving the scent of Daisy Dream, not so much this time around. Maybe my sample is old? I only wore this a few times and each time it smelled horrible on me, very flower-y. Hoping that it was only this sample and not that its me!
- dryer Sake Bomb Shampoo and Conditioner- I like the dryer Sake Bomb shampoo and conditioner, they smell great! I don't notice a huge difference when using the shampoo but I did find that when I used the condioner, even with another shampoo, that my hair wasn't as tangly.
- living proof Prime Style Extender x2- I really like the living proof Prime Style Extender, I don't find that it leaves my hair crunchy at all. I also find that when I use it I can go a few days without having to wash my hair without it feeling like I have build up on my hair. I find that this works best when I am going to be flat ironing my hair, it is not great if I want my hair to be wavy, it seems to almost weigh it down.
- Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask- I love using this mask after I use a clarifying shampoo, it really seems to help put moisture back in. Also the Briogeo samples are very generous! I was able to use this sample 3 times!
- Briogeo Curl Charisma Leave-in Defining Creme- I was really hoping to like this, I have another 7 samples of it! Unfortunately I didn't like it as much as I had hoped to. I found that it left a film on my hair, like it was coat with dirt! I am going to try one more sample of it, maybe try using less? It does really help to define curls/waves but I find I have to wash my hair every other day when I use it. The sample size is very generous, 0.40 oz! You can get a lot of uses out of it. I'll let you know if I can get it to work.
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream- This is a great moisturizer for when my skin is feeling tight and dry. I find that if I have noticed a dry patch and use this at night, by the morning the patch is all but gone! I wouldn't be able to use this in the summer time but during the colder months of winter I can see this being a great night moisturizer!
- Cover Fx Illuminating Setting Spray- I was givien this sample of the Cover Fx Illuminating Setting Spray when I went into Sephora to get my brows done and pick up a replacement for the Anastasia Brow gel. I was actually happy because I had seen spoilers for the November Boxycharm and this was one of the products we were getting! I liked it and couldn't wait to get it in Boxycharm!
- Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm- I didn't find this cleansing balm to break down makeup as well as the it or any other cleansing balms I have tried. I am glad I was able to try out a sample of it though, it saved me money from buying a full size. I found that after I used this for 2 days I ended up with pimple on my chin, not sure if it was this or not but I won't be picking up a jar of it.
October was a busy month with my daughter and grand daughter moving out so I wasn't hoe as much to burn candles, hence the 3 lonely votives used up! I have burned and loved the scent of Catching Rays and windblown before, they are both refreshing fresh scents to my nose. I saw the Balsam & Clove when I was walking by and liked the scent so picked up a few votives to try, they were on sale for $1. I liked it but the scent got annoying quicker than I would have liked.
Not a bad empties post, especially having used up so many samples! Hopefully I can keep up on using my samples to try to find products I like and feel are worth the price.
Total of the products I have used up so far for 2017 -
- Hair and Body care - 9 (102)
- Deluxe/Travel size - 6 (35)
- Home Fragrance - 3 (51)
- Makeup - 0 (14)
- Tools - 0 (3)
- Samples - 10 (79)