Another catch up post! I thought I would still give you a peek at what I received in my November and December 2016 BoxyCharm boxes even though it is now February! I figured it would still give you an idea of what you can expect to receive from BoxyCharm.
The 'theme' for November was 'Let Us Take You Down To Groovy Town' -
I was initially excited by what I received in my November box, but sadly some of the products just weren't for me. In the November 'Groovy Town' box I received -
- Studio Makeup Eyeshadow Palette - I was really looking forward to this palette as I loved the one I received in September. This one that I received for November was called 'Cool Down' and is mostly cool toned shades. I prefer warm shades on myself. The pigmentation and lasting power are great on these shadows though. $49.95 USD
- Crown Brush C513 Pro Detail Crease - I am not sure where they get the idea that this is a crease brush! For me it is far to small for that. I like using it to smudge out liner, it works great for that. I liked the added touch of the little groove in the handle, it made control so much easier. $12.99 USD
- Makeup Geek Blush - I love that I am getting MUG in my BoxyCharm! I received the shade 'Main Squeeze' which is described as a 'muted coral with a matte finish'. I love matte blushes as than i can control how much shimmer there is with my highlighter. The blush lasts all day without my face eating them up. $10.00 USD
- Vintage Illuminating Face Highlighter - I received the shade 'Rose Gold'. It looks beautiful in the pan but I found it to be a bit to chunky for my cheeks for my liking. It does however make a great eyeshadow! $32.00 USD
- SKYN Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye pen - I haven't used this as of yet..But I will soon! $20.00 USD
All in all not a bad box, just a few things that i had to find different uses for them to work for me. The November box had a value of $124.94 USD, not bad considering I paid around $35.00 CAD!
The theme for the December BoxyCharm was 'Makeup On Pointe -
I was surprised to see another full size palette in the December BoxyCharm, this one seemed like it would be a great dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3. In the December 'Makeup On Pointe' box I recieived -
- Pure Cosmetics Eyeshadow palette - This palette reminds me so much of the Naked 3 by Urban Decay. The shades aren't exact dupes but the tones are so close. The pigmentation is ok, not as good as Urban Decay but still not bad. I wouldn't personally pay $50 USD for this palette, I would just get the Urban Decay for that price, if the palette was around the $30 USD mark it would be more than worth that. $50.00 USD
- Purlisse Pur-Eye Adore Serum - Another eye cream, is BoxyCharm trying to tell me something?! I haven't tried this one out yet either...I really do need to get on that.. $65.00 USD
- IBY Beauty Lip Liner - I received this lip liner in the shade 'Lovely' which is a nice pink/mauve shade. I have used this under a few pale nude shades and ended up with a nice mauvey type shade! It lasted fairly well, about 5 hours, until I ate lunch. The liner is nice and creamy and I would consider purchasing more of them if they were $14 CAD! $14.00 USD
- OFRA Metallic Liquid Lipstick - I received the shade 'Napa Valley', I think everyone did! This shade is just to far out of m comfort zone, I didn't even try it! I do have another OFRA Liquid Lip in the shade 'Pasadena' and I really like it. They aren't to drying and last forever! I wish OFRA was easier to get in Canada. $19.90 USD
- Model Co. Shimmer Bronzer - This is a very warm toned bronzer that has quite a bit of shimmer in it, hence the name 'Shimmer Bronzer'! I think I will get more use out of this as the weather gets warmer, I am not a huge fan of using bronzer with shimmer in it, I much prefer to be able to control the amount of shimmer I put on my face. $$24.00 USD
Not the best box I have received to date, but still not to bad. The value of the December box was $172.90 USD!!! I have been fairly impressed with my BoxyCharm, the value is definitely there. BoxyCharm is $21.00 USD a month with free shipping in the US, we Canadians pay an extra $5 shipping a month, with the exchange rate it ends up being just under $35 CAD a month. What I enjoy about BoxyCharm is that I have only received FULL SIZED products! No tiny face products that you can't get a face brush into.
Do you get BoxyCharm? Or any other monthly subscription boxes? How do you like them?