I thought before I got to the Boxy Charm boxes I would get up my Trip Through My Trash for February. Almost on time! It is so satisfying to get rid of the trash at the end of the month! I am hoping to get up the Boxy Charms shortly, I am expecting another one in soon!
I am slowly making my way through some of the half empty bottles of product that have been cluttering up under my skin in the bathroom. I won't be picking up anything new in quite a few categories (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body scrub, etc!) until I get through these!
It looks like I used a lot of shampoo and conditioner last month, but they were almost empty!
- TRESemme Expert Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo & Conditioner - Now this is how shampoo and conditioner should always come! When the shampoo and conditioner are the same size bottle I always end up with shampoo still left after the conditioner is gone! Not with this set. Also I love it when they come with a pump! This was also the one were you used the conditioner first and shampoo second, it worked really well. I had more body and my hair did not feel heavy at all, it also wasn't frizzy which is what I thought would happen. I have tried doing this with other shampoo and conditioners and it generally works the same way. Maybe it's a better way to wash my hair?! Repurchase? Maybe
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - In most empties! What can I say, they are cheap and they work....Repurchase? Always
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths - I still have quite a few packs of these left....I have used them for my face, they are alright. I do like that they are textured, the texture seems to help get makeup off to me. Repurchase? I still have quite a few packs, we will see.
- Marc Anthony bye.bye Frizz Keratin Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner - I am not even sure how long I have had this set....I think I bought it when I did a Keratin Straightening treatment on my hair a few years ago.... They had a nice scent, not overpowering and not floral! They did a good job of getting my hair clean and not weighting it down. Repurchase? I'm not even sure I can?
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + - I have been using this moisturizer for quite a few years and have gone through quite a few bottles. During the winter it is able to keep my face moisturized enough and isn't to heavy for the summer. For me it is just a great all around moistuizer! Repurchae? Always
- Bath & BodyWorks Mahogany Teak Wood Foaming Hand Soap - There is usually at least one of these hand soaps in my empties in some scent or other! Mahogany Teak Wood was a nice scent, not to masculaine just the right mix! Repurchae? In one scent or another!
- Olay Eyes Depuffing Eye Roller - This was a nice morning eye cream, or at least thats what I used it for! It was just enough moisture that my concealer didn't crease nor did it go crepey! I found that the cooling roller balls really only stayed cool for one eye though. I didn't notice a lot of depuffing, I think because it didn't stay cool. Repurchase? Maybe?
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion - I kept this at my desk t work and it worked great as a hand cream. It didn't stay greasy and you could actually feel it soaking in, especially after using hospital hand sanitizer... Repurchase? As soon as I get rid of some of the backlog...or maybe sooner, especially since I can use it at work!
I used up 2 deluxe size samples of primers in February! And sadly, a brush.
- Hourglass Veil Primer - I have used up another deluxe size sample of the Hourglass Veil primer. And while I like it, it is fairly moisturizing, I have decided after this sample that it isn't my favorite. I think it would be great if you have dry skin, but for combo/oily its not the best. Repurchase? Not right now, maybe if my skin went back to dry.
- Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer Mood Light - Could this primer have any longer of a name?! This primer I did really enjoy! I found it gave a really nice glow to the skin, especially under more matte finish foundations. My skin looked glowy, not oily whenever I used this. I looked it up on the Sephora site and it is $52.00 CAD for 1oz. A little on the pricer side but I did really enjoy it. Repurchase? Maybe, when I use up some of what I have already!
- Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush - I have had this brush for a few years now and it was my favorite for applying cream shadow. I used this everyday to apply my Mac paint pot. It has started to shed really badly and the bristles actually come right out of the ferrule. Repurchase? Maybe if I can get it singly.
As you can see by the picture 1 candle is barely burned and one still has a lot of wax left in the jar. Not the best month for candles!
- Yankee Candle - Honey Clementine - I really like the scent of this candle but I have figured out that every time I burned this candle I was having really bad headaches, to the point I was laying down to try to get rid of them. So sadly, I won't be burning this anymore and instead will see if my sister or a friend wants it. Repurchase? Not in this scent.
- Yankee Candle Line-Dried Cotton - If you like the smell of fresh out of the dryer clothes, this is the candle for you! It smells just like fresh washed laundry, a nice clean, fresh scent. Repurchase? Maybe.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Chai Candle - I love the scent of this candle. It is a little sweet and a little spicy, just perfect! It smells like a Chai latte with a shot of vanilla, yummy! I am not sure why it ended up burning so weirdly though. There is still a lot of wax in the jar but the wick is done. Repurchase? I might try another candle, but I definitely wouldn't pay full price for one.
A basically forgot about using samples last month! I was to busy trying to use up half empty full size products! Of course I used up a Kate Somerville Exfolikate, love this! I tried out the Tata harper Regenerating Cleanser, it was ok, I would need to use it a few more times to decide if I would buy it though. The bliss fabulous makeup melt did a great job of removing my makeup and I liked the thicker consistency of it. I may pick this up once I get through some more of my backlog...
Total of products used up -
- Face and Body care - 10 (18)
- Deluxe/Travel Size - 2 (4)
- Home Fragrance - 3 (7)
- Makeup - 0 (4)
- Tools - 1
- Samples - 4 (17)