I think I am going to use the month of February to get caught up on all things Trash and Hauls! Than I can start off March fresh, hopefully. I haven't been the best at going through my sample stash, and truthfully, it's become slightly painful trying to get through the overflowing bins of Samples. I have gone through them again and gotten rid of anything that just really isn't interesting to me anymore. I won't be going anymore Sample Stash updates, as I am not going to force myself to use them up anymore. When I do use them up they will be going into my regular empties.
For the months of November and December I didn't manage to use up alot of samples, but it was better than nothing!
I had managed to use up a few makeup samples -
- Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick sample card - This sample had to have been old! I really enjoyed playing with the samples in this card! I had already picked up Sheer Shame when Sephora had all the old packaging/formula as I liked it. The Sheer formula isn't really all that sheer, you can build them up!
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick sample card - Another old sample! Again I am a fan of Urban Decays lipstick formula. This sample card had a few bold shades in it, 69, Streak, that I really didn't feel comfortable wearing outside the house. But it ws fun to try shades out of my comfort zone.
- Becca Backlight Targeted Colour Correctors - I had high hopes for these colour correctors, but sadly they didn't live up to my hopes. I am not sure if the sample was old or what but I found them to be very dry and hard to blend. I was surprised by this as I use the Undereye Corrector pretty much everyday and love it. Maybe I will get a sample from instore and see if it was just old samples I had.
- Guerlain Lingerie De Peau - I liked this sample well enough, I was able to get 2 uses out of the foil sample. I am still on the fence about it and would be open to trying another sample of it!
- Dior Diorskin Forever & Ever Wear Primer - I really enjoyed this primer a lot, but the one bad thing is the price! $60.00 CAD is a litte much for a primer, especially when I have a few others I like that are not quite that expensive. That being said, I wouldn't say no to another sample, or maybe picking it up during a either a sale or a Shopper's Opitmum Bonus redemption.
- Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundatin - I'm not sure if it was the combonation of the previous Primer and this or just the foundation, but my skin looked great on the days I was trying thses out. Again another pricey product at $64.00 CAD. And again, maybe during a sale I will bite the bullet!
- Dr Jart Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm - I had high hopes for this BB Cream since the I loved the gold packaged one. Sadly this one didn't work well for me. It settled in pores and fine lines, I looked really old whenever I used this. So no thanks!
- Giorgio Armani Black Ecstasy mascara - This mascara did not work at all for me! It smudged before I even left the house for work, within 30 min! It continued to smudge throughout the day no matter what I was doing, even if I stayed in the house. Big Fail for me.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - Pore Minimizing - I think this worked ok? I didn't actually leave myself any notes on it, oops. Guess I will need to try another sample!
I didnt use up as many skincare samples as I wold have liked, I kept forgetting to bring some up to my bathroom. But here are my thoughts on the ones I did use.
- BITE Agave Lip Mask trio - I have gone through a deluxe smple of the Natural and really liked it at night. It is a very thick consistancy and I don't think it would play with any other lip product over top of it. The Smashed shade had more pigment than I thought it would and left my lips with a nice red tint. Champagne was my least favorite of the bunch, the glitter seemed to stick around and felt a tad gritty to me. I would consider picking up the Natural again to use at night, once I get through what I have...
- The Body SHop Vitamin E Sink-In Moistre Mask - This mask felt great for moisturizing but the overpowering floral scent turned me off, not to mention my husband wasn't a fan! The scent seemed to linger for quite a while.
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel - I ws excited to try this sample out, what with all the hype about Drunk Elephant. But I just wasn't that impressed with it? Maybe my expectations were to high. It did an ok job of moisturizing but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out again, but at this moment I won't be trying to pick it up.
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter - This sample was so moisturizing, a little to much for my combo skin though! It was pretty quick for absorbing in my skin, only about 10 minutes. I ended up with a huge pimple on my nose the morning after I used this. So another no go.
- Murad InstaMatte Oil-COntrol Mask - I tried this sample out for a few days as I only used it on nose, the oilest area on my face and sadly it didn't work for me. If anything my nose was oilier than usual.
- REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask - This mask felt ok and seemed to get my face cleaned. It didn't wow me and I have a few others that I like better.
- tarte Rainforest Of The Sea deep dive cleansing gel - I have tried this cleanser before and it still made my face felt tight. A little to deep cleansing for my older skin.
- Glamglow Supercleanse - This cleanser got my face clean without making it feel tight! There was only enough in the sample for one use though. I would have to try it for a few more times before I said yes or no. I would be open to trying it some more.
- L'Occitane Divine Cream - This is a nice refreshing scented face cream that is really moisturizing. A little to much moisture around the center of my face but it was great on my drier forhed and no pimples after using it! Another I would like to try for a few more days.
- benfit It's Potent Eye Cream - I was able to get a few days worth out of this sample which was nice. I liked this eye cream, it had just the right amount moisture for me and didn't leave my under eye greasy. Makeup goes on well overtop of it as well. I am actually using a deluxe sample of this right now and am adding it to my list of maybe buys.
Lastly we have perfume samples which is what I have the most of. I am still going through a jar filled with these. It's what Sephora always has in the sample section when you order online. I didn't mind getting them at first, but now I just have way too many. The good part is that I have not purchased a perfume in forever! I am finding that some are really strong though, to strong for wearing at work (I work in a hospital so some scents I can get away with but not most). I am only going to try out new scents from now on on the weekend, I ran into the problem of having spritzed a few to strong ones before heading out the door to work and had to wash them off, almost making me late for work. A few have also still been able to smell after washing!
- YSL Mon Paris - Has a lighter fruity scent which I liked.
- Clean Blonde Rose - Another winner for me! Slightly powdery, bot not overly so.
- Angel Eau De Parfum, Muse, and Eau De Toilette - I love all three of these! I would get asked what I was wearing with any one of these. They have a nice scent on me and I would happily purchase any one of them! I do have deluxe samples of these so it may be awhile before I purchae one, not to mention i think i still have some more samples...
- Chloé - Another favorite and one that I have quite a few smples of.
- Donna Karan Liquid Cashmere - Smells awful on me! And its one of the strongly scented ones to. Definitely a no go!
Not a horrible batch of empties, not as many as I would have liked to see for a 2 month period though. I am not doing the greatest at using up my samples, and not always enjoying it anymore either. I think I am going to give it a ret of trying to use them up. I will still use them, just not to the extent that I was trying to. I have so many other products that i would love to use that it was just starting to feel not so fun anymore. Form now on I will just put the samples in with my regular trash!
Next up I think I will catch up on Boxycharm boxes. Than maybe stuff i have picked up over the past few months....some things I am loving! Some not so much. Than I will finish up with this years Trash and BoxyCharm.