Again, its been awhile! But, better late than never! A lot has been going on in my personal life which has made it hard to find time to sit and write. I have also been having issues with my eyes which sometimes makes it hard to sit in front of a computer. I did however manage to use up quite a few products in March, still working my way through half used, back ups! I am getting closer to having less of a 'Stash' sitting half used in cupboards/drawers which is making me happier.
In March I managed to use up a fair amount of Face and Skin care products! Again a couple I have been working on for abit!
- Nivea Body Wash - Care & Orange - I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite body wash from the drug store! I am not sure how many of these I have gone through, but it has to be a lot. I don't think there is much else I can say about this one, I love it! Repurchase? As soon as I get through the 'stash'!
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - Favorite cheap cotton pads! At $1.25 at Dollarama I will always buy these. Repurchase? Always.
- Bath & BodyWorks Foaming Hand Soap - This hand soap is my hand soap of choice and I have one at every sink in my house. The Frosted Coconut Snowball scent is a good one, not overly sweet. Repurchase? In one scent or another, but only when there is a special.
- Equate Make-Up Remover Cleansing Cloths - I wasn't the hugest fan of these wipes. They did an ok job, just not the best. Repurchase? Probably not
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths - These cleansing cloths are nice and damp. I prefer my cleansing cloths to be fairly wet, I just find that they do a better job of removing makeup with less rubbing. Repurchase? These cloths are a maybe!
- Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray - This sample size lasted me forever! You only need a small amount to give some hold. I have always been a fan of Joico finishing products, I remember using Ice Mist when I would do updos for events, and the styles did not move at all! Repurchase? Maybe!
- The Body SHop Shea Body Butter - I really like the Body Shop Body Butter, especially in winter when my skin is drier. I just wish it wasn't in a pot! The Shea scent is one of my favorites, it is not as thick as some of the others. Repurchase? Possibly next winter.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Chia Body Butter - I loved the scent of Vanilla Chai. It smells like a Vanilla Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks! A little sweet with some spice. This is also one of the thinner body butters from the Body Shop, which always are favorites for me. Repurchase? If they have it again next year!
- Lise Watier Hydraforce - This face cream had a light scent which I didn't mind. I did find that it took quite some time to sink in though, over 15 min. So this wasn't a face cream I could put on and go straight to bed. I did find that my face felt moisturized when I woke up though, so it definitely did its job well. Great moisturizer for the drier months, as long as you have the time to let it sink in before going to bed. Repurchase? I am still on the fence about this one, I am still looking for a great winter time moisturizer.
- Clinique Take The Day off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips - I have come to the conclusion that I do like a Dual phase makeup removers for my eyes! They just seem to be able to easily get everything off with less tugging, which when you have gone past age 40 is an important thing! The less tugging in that area the better. Repurchase? Possibly, still like trying different ones!
- Clinique take the day off micellar cleansing towelettes for face & eyes - These cloths were horrible! So dry, i actually wet them with water... They were also the tiniest face wipes I have ever used, I needed to use 2 to get the makeup off! Repurchase? NO!
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil - I enjoyed using the Argan Oil at night after washing my face. I was worried that it would make my face feel more oily but it didn't, just nicely moisturized. This deluxe sample lasted me forever as well. I used a couple drops and it was enough for my face and neck area. Repurchase? I am wanting to try argan oil form the health store to see if there is any difference.
- benefit It's Potent Eye Cream - This is another deluxe sample that lasted me forever! A little goes quite a long way. I used this mainly at night as it was just a little to moisturizing for day use, my concealer would crease when I tried to use it during the day. If only it came in a tube instead of a jar...Repurchase? Not likely, I am still on the hunt for a great eye cream that I don't have to stick my fingers into!
- dr Brandt Microdermabrasion - I took out this sample size to use since I didn't want to se the full size I received in my Boxycharm if i didn't like it! I have to say I did like it, not as much as Exfolikate though! It is a bit grittier than Exfolikate. I think it will be great to use in the warmer months when my face may be feeling like it needs a bit deeper clean. Repurchase? I have a full size plus another deluxe waiting in the wings!
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Rose Nose Strips - I have fallen off the wagon using these again, I only managed to remember to use 1 last month. I pick these up at Dollarama and do like them, they do as good a job I find as the Biore ones, but for a lot less money! Repurchase? Always
- Bath & BodyWorks PocketBac - The scent 'Energy' is a refreshing orange scent which I liked. I alwasy have one of these in my purse t all times, especially during the winter months. Repurchase? Always, on sale, ;)!
- The Body Shope Pomegranate Firming & Refreshing Eye Roll-On - I think I picked this up a couple years ago and promptly forgot about it, oops. I am out of day eye cream and have been pulling out ones from my stash to try out. I am not a fan of this eye cream at all, it was way to drying for me. My under eyes looked dry and crepy by lunch time whenever I used this. I will be passing this on to my daughter, hopefully it will be better for her younger eyes! Repurchase? NO!
- Clarisonic Radiance Brush Head - I can't remember when I last changed the head on my Clarisonic! I have been trying out the mini Foreo that I got in the Fall Sephora Favorites set and went to use this and noticed that the bristle were starting to come out! I promptly placed n order for a duo pack of these! Repurchae? As long as I use the Clarisonic!
I managed to use up a few makeup products!
- benefit Roller Lash - I love deluxe sizes of mascara! I never seem to be able to go trough a full size mascara in the time frame that you are supposed to use and toss, and toss something that isn't finished is hard for me! I really like the Roller Lash and it is one that I may actually pick up full size! Repurchase? High on the list.
- Mac Fling Eye Brow Pencil - I have been using this eye brow pencil off and one since I first had it used me when my sister and I went to the Mac counter to get our makeup done for her wedding, 5 years ago! Fling is the perfect shade for me and I love how it goes on. Repurchase? I usually have one of these in my drawer.
- Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner - I got this liner in a Sephora Favorites set, Bronze Bares All. I really enjoyed using this one, it stayed put all day long! I also liked that it had a sharp tip every time I opened it. Repurchase? Highly likely!
- YSL Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils - I had high hopes for this mascara, sadly it let me down. It made my lashes look great wehn I applied it but promptly smudged onto my under eyes within an hour and continued to do so throughout the day. I kept trying it out every week for a month with the same results each time. Repurchase? Absolutely not.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance - This is another deluxe/travel size sample that lasted forever! I liked this eye primer, but I still had to use my Mac paint pot over top of it so I didn't get creasing. But that is nothing new, I still haven't found an eye primer where I don't have to use the paint pot as well. Repurchae? Maybe, I am stilll on the hunt for a primer that I can use alone!
As you can tell, I didn't burn many candles last month!
- Bath & BodyWorks Wallflower - I didn't mind the 'Twisted Peppermint' scent, it wasn't overly sweet, but I would have liked a bit more mint to it. Repurchase? Maybe?
- Yankee Candle votive - I love the size of votive candles the best, I don't have time to get sick of the scent! The Windblown scent is one that I like to burn anytime of the year, its nice fresh scent that I haven't gotten tired of yet. Repurchase? I already have!
- Yankee Candle Car Vent - I really like the 'Catching Rays' scent. It is a very fresh scent that isn't overpowering at all. It smelled great in my car over the winter months when it is a little frowned upon to drive with the windows open to far! Repurchase? I already have another scent in my car now.
I once again have been trying to make a conscious effort to use up some of my samples! This seems to be going quite well!
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment - I pulled out the sample card I had of these as I had a month thing going on and didn't want to contaminate my full size products! This was the original, no color one, I like this but not sure I like it enough to pay the full price for them! Purchase? Maybe in a value set?
- benefit the POREfessional - Thought I would pull out this sample and try it again as I had forgotten what I thought about it. I believe my thoughts were that I wasn't a huge fan! Purchase? No
- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation - I wanted to try this out and finally remembered to pull it out! THis is one serious full coverage foundation! It gave me a completely flat blank canvas, nothing poking though. I was surprised that I didn't feel this all day on my face, I did start to feel it towards the end of the day (after 8 hours). Purchase? Maybe?
- Lancôme Visionnaire (1 Minute Blur) - This was just ok, not my favorite but definitely not the worst I have tried! It does have a slight scent, but that quickly goes away. Purchase? Maybe.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Featherweight Primer x2 - I had been reading a little about this primer lately and remembered that I had a few samples of it so I decided to try it out. I was surprised at how light this felt on my skin. I was expecting to feel this and for it to be thicker, it was fairly thin, almost like a lotion. I found that it did help my makeup last. Purchase? On my list for when I get through some more stuff!
- Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation - I didn't want to like this....But I really did. It is a very lightweight foundation that felt so great on my face! It does have the characteristic Guerlain scent, so if you don't like scents you probably wont like this one. This lasted all day for me to, which I wasn't expecting. It also layered well to cover up a few dark spots I have. Purchase? I want to but I don't want to!
- Farmacy Eye Dew total eye cream - I really liked this eye cream, a little goes a long way. But sadly it also comes in a pot. Purchase? If it comes in a tube!
- bliss fabulous makeup melt - Tried this and i like it better than oil cleansers! This came out as a gel and than thinned right out once I started rubbing it in. Purchase? Maybe.
- PTR Irish Moor Mud Cleansing Gel - This was alright I guess, nothing spectacular. It didn't make my face feel tight which is always a good thing. Purchase? Maybe?
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate - I had to use up a sample to compare it to the dr Brandt! Love this stuff! Purchase? I already have.
- Still working on the Stash of Fragrance samples! Of the 4 here I liked 2, Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose and Viktor & Rolf Bonbon, one sweet and one spicy. roberto cavalli and Invictus were to 'manly' and strong for me.
Total of products used up for 2017 -
- Face and Body care - 12 (30)
- Deluxe/Travel Size - 8 (12)
- Home Fragrance - 3 (10)
- Makeup - 2 (6)
- Tools - 1 (2)
- Samples - 15 (32)
I am quite happy with the amount of product I was able to use up during the month of March! I found a couple of products that I am definitely interested in picking up full sizes of and a few that I will always use up. Did you use up anything good or disappointing last month? Any surprises?