In keeping with trying to catch up somewhat, here is my June 2017 Trip Through My Trash! And up before the end of July! Yay me! I have been keeping up with taking all the pictures of products before using and doing pictures for Empties and BoxCharm, but the hard part has been finding the time to actually sit down and edit pictures and than write the posts.
I managed to empty quite a few products in June, no samples though?! I thought I had used up some? Oh well maybe next month.
- Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo - I had picked up a duo of the litre size of this clarifying shampoo at, surprise-Costco! My sister and I split on it as I wasn't sure if I wanted 2 litres of it! I didn't mind this clarifying shampoo, it did a good job of getting all the buildup off of my hair. The scent on the other hand was not my favorite. It is a little on the strong side with regards to the scent, not a bad scent just strong. Repurchase? Not sure, I do like the Pantene one and like the scent of it as well.
- Pantene Repair & Protect Shampoo - I finished up the matching shampoo to the conditioner I used up last month! The shampoo has a nice fruity type scent that didn't seem to linger in your hair. Not much to say, it did it's intended purpose of cleaning my hair. Didn't seem to strip my hair, I don't have a lot of damage so I can't speak as to how it would do for that. I do have a strange patch of frizzy hair, it was still frizzy after using this shampoo. Repurchase? There are so many other shampoos to try and I haven't found one that I want to stick to yet.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - These are pretty much always in my Trash posts! I like them, they do the job at an amazing price! You can't beat $1.25 for 100 cotton pads. Repurchase? ALways
- Nivea Creme Care Facial Cleansing Wipes - I picked these wipes up on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart to try out, I was thinking on doing a post on wipes at the time. They were just ok, they did not have an texture to them and were not the most moist wipes I have found. They do have a fragrance to them as well, not bad just you can definitely smell them. Repurchase? Doubt it.
- Bath & Body WOrks Gentle Foaming Hand Soap x2 - Another product that is usually in Trash posts! Frosted Coconut Snowball has a sweet scent that I kind of got tired of by the end of the bottle, but it did make my hands feel great! Eucalyptus Mint is a favorite of mine, and I love having it in the kitchen. The scent is so refreshing, but I do find I need to use a moisturizer afterwards. Repurchase? Eucalyptus Mint, definitely. Frosted Coconut Snowball, maybe.
- Sephora Rose Cleansing Wipes - I got these wipes during either the Black Friday Sale or Boxing Day, I can't remember which, in a value set. I was hoping to like these wipes as I have seen that other people like them. I, unfortunately, wasnt impressed. They are fairly heavily fragranced, so if you aren't a fan of rose scent, I would not pick them up. They started out nice and moist but that didn't last until the end of the package. They also didn't have a texture them, so I didn't feel like they really got much off of my face. Repurchase? Highly doubt it.
- Lancôme High Résolution Refill -3X Triple Action Anti-wrinkle Cream - I am not sure when or where I picked up this deluxe sample, I am thinking it was a GWP though. This creme is very fragranced! Heavy on the floral scent? I found it to be quite heavy so I only used it at night. I did not notice any reduction in wrinkles, but my skin was very moisturized when I woke up, almost verging on greasy. Repurchase? Doubt it.
- Marcelle 3 in 1 Micellar Solution - I know a lot of people love this Micellar water and compare it to Bioderma so I had to try it! I also really liked the pump packaging. I did not find it to remove all my eye makeup though, I found that I would have to rub a little harder than I would like to get it off. It did however do a fairly decent job on the rest of my face with a lot less rubbing than in my eye area. Repurchase? Maybe? I was going by what the pump dispenser pumped out, maybe I needed to use more than that?
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Nose Strips x3 - I did manage to use these nose strips more frequently in June. Even though I was able to remember to use them more last month I am still not the biggest fan of how they changed them. I will be on the hunt for new nose strips now, the scent is just to much and I am not finding them to be as good as they used to be.
- Intuition Pure Nourishment Razor refill - Again, always in Trash! Not much to say other than I can't see myself buying anything other than these as they are just so easy to use in the morning! Repurchase? Always
Next up is a couple of Make Up empties!
- Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint - I had high hopes for this mascara. But it just didn't live up to the hype I had read about it. I found that it smudged within a few hours onto my under eye area, not a good look! I tried a few different times, each with the same result. I also found it dried out fairly quickly, but that may have been due to the packaging on the sample size. It wasn't a twist off cap, instead it was a pull off one. Who makes mascara samples like that? The brush was also fairly hard and pokey. Purchase? No
- Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Liner in Naked - I have had this lip liner forever! Love the Urban Decay lip liners though! They are very creamy and do not tug at all. The lasting power on these is fairly decent as well, easily lasts most of the day. The shade Naked is a neutral pink which I really liked wearing under most lipsticks. Repurchase? Probably, I would like to get down in the lip liner stash before adding more in intentionally!
On to Home Fragrance. I was home for quite a bit during June due to some personal reasons so I ended up buring more than usual.
Yankee Candle Votives -
- Golden Sands - Love this scent in the summer, a nice lighter fresh scent.
- Sunset Breeze - A slightly fruity scent, again a summer staple!
- Guava Coconut Fusion - A new scent to me this year, I liked it! Slightly fruity and slightly coconut! A good mixture of them both. I wish I had picked up a few more of this one.
- Bahama Breeze - I love this scent and usually pick up a few each year, not sure why I didn't get more this year?
- Coconut Beach- I LOVE this scent! Just the right amount of coconut, not over powering, just right. Why didn't I get more?!
- Summer storm - I little stronger, spicier scent. Love this when the house has been closed up with the ac on for awhile.
- Honeydew Melon - I thought I would like this one, when my mom was around we used to burn this type of scent alot. It's not what I remembered, smelled almost like rotting melons, not a good scent!
Out of the 7 votives, I would repurchase all but Honeydew Melon.
Tealights - I am not sure of the scent on any of these tealights! I found them in a box packed in ziplock bags. None of them had much of a scent unless you stuck your nose pretty much over top of the candle while it was burning, not a good thing to do... Would I rebuy any of them? I doubt it, which is a good thing cause I don't know what they are!
Not a bad month of empties, no samples though! I managed to use up a few full size products, and make a decent dent in the candle stash I seem to have accumulated.
Total of the products I have used up so far in 2017 -
- Hair and Body care - 12 (61)
- Deluxe/Travel size - 2 (23)
- Home Fragrance - 10 (30)
- Makeup - 1(13)
- Tools - 0 (2)
- Samples - 0 (48)