I am so glad that June is almost over... I think June has been the busiest month yet for me and my family, so much going on and not enough time to do anything! I had this post sitting since the first week in June, but due to unforeseen circumstances I am just getting it out now, sorry about that. Here's hoping that July is a better month for us! Or at least less stressful/busy.
Anyway, here is my May Trip Through My Trash!
I happily managed to once again use up quite a few products for the month of May, samples not so much! Oh well, you can't get to everything.
First up as usual, Hair and Skin care empties -
- L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil Cleansing Conditioner - Not a fan of the scent on this! It is VERY heavily fragranced, I am not usually bothered by scents but this one bothered me. The product is great, but I can't get past the scent. Repurchase? Not unless they get rid of the scent.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - One of my favorite Dollarama buys! I go through one of these every month or so. Not much else I can say about these that I haven't said before. Repurchase? Always
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes - A favorite Costco buy. I think this is my last of the old packaging, I have picked up a box and they have changed the packaging, I hope they haven't changed the product. Repurchase? Hopefully!
- Bath & Body Works Fresh Sparkling Snow Body Cream - Another repeat empty that is in most of my Trash posts in some scent or other. I really like the Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea 24 hour Moisture Body Creams, they have some great scents and absorb quickly into the skin. Repurchase? Always
- Pantene Smooth & Sleek Finishing Conditioner - A conditioner before the shampoo?! My daughter goes through conditioner faster than shampoo, I think she baths in it?! (kidding!) I liked this conditioner, it did the job of helping get rid of tangles and smoothing my hair. Repurchase? Maybe? There are so many shampoo/conditioners to try!
- Project Beauty Hairgurt Strawberry Banana Hair Masque - I got this in a BoxyCharm last year and have just finished it. It was ok, not what I would consider a hair masque though. It just didn't seem to be that moisturizing to me, more like a regular conditioner. THe scent was ok, but the scent did get old smelling fairly quickly. Repurchase? No
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Rose Nose Strips x2 - Another Dollarama find that I used to really like. I am trying to remember to use these more frequently. They have changed these nose strips and I am not such a fan of the new ones, they have a really strange chemically smell to them now. Repurchase? I don't think so, unless they change them again...
- No 4 Non Aerosol Hair Spray - I got this deluxe sample of hair spray in a Birchbox, forever ago! My granddaughter recently found this for me! I had forgotten what I thought about it so I gave it a try! Remember now why I hadn't been looking for it! It smells like grass and leaves my hair a crunchy mess. Needless to say this isn't empty but it is going into the trash. Repurchase? NO
- Schick Intuition Sensitive Care razor refill - What can I say, I like Costco! I buy these razors at Costco and they are my razor of choice. Repurchase? Always
- Bath & Body Works Frosted Peppermint Hand Sanitizer - I like that the Bath & Body WOrks hand sanitizers can hang off of any anywhere, if you pick up the holder as well. It makes it much easier to use when I am out and about. The Frosted Peppermint is a great cooling fresh scent that I will use any time of the year! Repurchase? Yes
- fresh Rose Face Mask - This is an ok mask but I am unsure that I would spend the $30-75 CAD for a jar when I can get the Rose Mask from the Body Shop for $28 CAD. The rose scent isn't to strong, just enough that it isn't overpowering. My face does feel moisturized after using it but I find that the Body Shop one is just as good. Repurchase? Doubt it, but I also wouldn't say no to more samples of it.
- dr Brandt Microdermabrasion exfoliator - Another deluxe sample! I like this exfoliator it does a great job without being to harsh, just enough grit to it! Repurchase? I have a full size of this that I have gotten from Boxy Charm to use up plus a few other exfoliators before I will be needing to purchase anymore. Repurchase? Maybe?
- Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser - This has got to be one of the most gentle exfoliators that I have come across so far. There is barely any 'grit' to it but it still manages to make your skin feel soft and clean. Repurchase? Maybe? A lot of exfoliators to get through!
- Purity Face Cleanser - My favorite face wash to use with Clarisonic! I usually pick these up during Black Friday or Boxing Day and get enough to last me through the year. Purity also does double duty as a great brush cleaner! It does a great job of breaking up foundation off my brushes. Repurchase? Always, during the aforementioned sales.
Next a couple of Make up empties, my personal favorites -
- Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener - WOW, do I ever feel dumb now! I had just assumed that this was a concealer.... No wonder I didn't find it did much of anything for my undereyes! I have had this forever and have been trying to use it up but just couldn't get it to work for me, now I know why! Oh well, I guess I will have to actually read the products from now on. Repurchase? Maybe now that I know what it is supposed to be used for.
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder-Translucent - I have been using up this deluxe sample forever it seems. A little of this goes a long way and you don't need very much at all. It truely is translucent and does not give you a powdery look at all. Works great as an undereye setting powder or as an allover face powder. Repurchase? I already have another deluxe sample waiting!
Have a peek at what my house smelled like last month -
- Yankee Candle-Tahitian Nights votive - I liked this scent quite a bit, slightly floral but with a hint of sweet? A bit of coconut maybe? Whatever it is I liked it! Repurchase? I already have few more.
- Yankee Candle-Coconut Beach votive - THis has got to be my new favorite scent for the summer! It is coconut scented but not overpoweringly so. Even my husband liked it and he doesn't like coconut. Repurchase? I may have to make a trip to pick up a few more.
- Yankee Candle-Catching Rays small tumbler - I like the fresh scent of Catching Rays, I did not like all the black soot left on the jar though. For some reason this tumbler didn't burn clean at all. Repurchase? I have a few more left in votive size!
- Yankee Candle-Honey Lavender Gelato votive - This is another new favorite this year. I first picked this up as a car vent freshener and liked it so much I picked up a few votives. It smells just as great as a candle as it does in my car. Slightly sweet but with a hint of lavender. I am not usually a huge fan of lavender scented things but this candle I like, the lavender isn't that strong. Repurchase? I have a few still.
- Yankee Candle-Autumn Leaves votive - I'm not sure what it was but this scent got old very quickly even in a votive size. It wasn't my favorite, maybe because I am looking for more of a fresh scent right now? Repurchase? Maybe I will try it again in the fall.
A sad state of Samples, but I did manage to use a couple...
- Gucci-Premiere- I think I remember liking this? It obviously didn't leave to much of a lasting impression! Purchase? Not sure...
- Giorgio Armani-Si- One of my favorite scents, I have quite a few samples and deluxe samples of this still and so far it hasn't gotten old for me! I may use my coupon from a scent sampler and get a full size of this one. Purchase? Maybe
- Elizabeth and James-Nirvana Black- Another scent that I seem to have quite a few of. I also have a small rollerball of this one. Not to overpowering but you can still smell it after a day at work. Purchase? Another solid maybe.
- bliss-Micro Magic- I liked this sample exfoliator, it had a good amount of grit and didn't irritate my skin at all. Purchase? Maybe?
All in all, not a bad month for finishing up products and getting them out to the Trash/Recycle bin! I am going to continue to plug away at using up some of Sample Stash as well as Full Size products, I find it so satisfying to use something up, how about you? Do you like finishing up your products?
Total of the products I have used up so far in 2017 -
- Hair and Body care - 11 (49)
- Deluxe/Travel size - 4 (21)
- Home Fragrance - 5 (20)
- Makeup - 2 (12)
- Tools - 0 (2)
- Samples - 4 (48)