Sephora has, so far this year, put out 3 of there Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip sets! At one point they had all 3 available on the website as the same time. Made for some confusing searching! As of writing up this post, there is only 1 set available. But I have seen the other 2 pop up now and again on the website as well as in-store, hence why I thought I would give you a quick peek at all 3 together. I picked up the first one in January when it first showed up. My sister quickly picked up the second in March when it popped up. And lastly I picked up the third at the beginning of July.
All 3 sets cost $33.00 CAD to buy and have a retail value of $106, $82, and $84. The first set had the highest value because it contained 2 full size products instead of the usual 1. Since these kits have come out, the Estee Edit has been really discounted on Sephora, I think they are getting rid of the line.
Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip sampler - Our nude-ist edition to lip! This neutral set features must-haves to create the perfect nude pout!
In the first Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip kit you got (listeed in the order of the swatches below)-
- Estee Edit - The Barest Contour Lip Liner in 05 In The Buff (full size) - nude brown - I like that they included a lip pencil in this set, and the Estee Edit pencil is a great one! I was actually quite surprised at how much I have been using this pencil. I am a huge fan of nude lips and this pencil is a great foundation for most of the shades that I like to wear! It just helps to even out my natural lip color and everything I put on overtop had looked great.
- Buxom- Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian (deluxe sample) - nude pink - this was the only product in the set that I wasn't to keen to try, I am not a gloss person! I still haven't tried it so I can't give you my quick thoughts on it, sorry! It does seem to be somewhat opaque for a gloss though.
- Too Faced Cosmetics - Melted Matte Liquified Matte Long Wear Lipstick in Queen B (deluxe sample)- matte soft mauve - my sister has this in a full size and while I liked it, it is a little to mauve for everyday wear for me! I love the formula of the Melted Matte Lipsticks though and have a couple of other shades in full size.
- Bite Beauty - Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb (deluxe sample) - beige nude - I find this shade to more of a peachy nude on me. I love the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks and this one is no exception. They feel like nothing on the lips and seem to last a decent amount of time for me.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty - Le Marc Lip Creme in 246 Slow Burn (deluxe sample) - creamy nude rose - this shade does show up as more pink on me than nude, but the formula just seems to melt into your lips!
- Urban Decay - Vice Lipstick in 1993 COmfort Matte (full size) - medium brown - I love Urban Decays Vice lipsticks, both the new and the old formula and have quite a few shades of both. 1993 is definitely a brown shade but I still find that I like it. The Comfort Matte formula is comfortable to wear and doesn't suck the life out of my lips!
To me if I like most of the products in a Sephora Favorites set it is usually more than worth the price! And at a price tag of $33 CAD for 5 lip shades plus a lip liner this one was a no-brainer for me! Even though I am not a fan of 1 of the products that's ok.
The second Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip has a lot of gloss in it! I was orginally going to pick it up but I was really only interested in it to try out the Nars and Urban Decay. My sister, however seems to treally like gloss so she quickly snapped up the set and let me 'borrow' it to add into this post!
Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip sampler - Summer's nude-ist edition to lip! This neutral set features all the must-haves to create the perfect nude pout!
In the second Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip kit you got (in the below order of the swatches)-
- Tarte - Lippie Lingerie Matte Lip Tint in Revealed (deluxe sample) - light mocha - This is the brownest shade in the bunch! These are really nice, they don't dry down to a matte finish, instead it stays more of a semi matte, not drying at all, very comfortable.
- Nars Cosmetics - Velvet Lip Glide in Bound (deluxe sample) - rose pink - This was one of the products that made me want this set! Luckily for me, my sister already has the full size of this so she kindly gifted me this deluxe sample!
- Marc Jacobs Cosmetics- Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer in Sugar Sugar (deluxe sample) - champagne-gold shimmer - A fairly pale, pigmented gloss. I think I first saw this shade in a Jaclyn Hill video? It's pretty, but felt pretty sticky to me.
- Too Faced Cosmetics - Lip Injection Glossy in Spice Girl (deluxe sample) - pink nude - another fairly pigmented gloss. I don't see any pink in this at all, all I see in this is peach. Not quite as sticky as the Marc Jacobs though.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills - Lip Gloss in Kristen (deluxe sample) - cool desert sand -
- Urban Decay - Vice Waterproof Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Trivial (full size) - matte pink nude - I really wanted to try out the Vice Liquid lipstick and this was the other product I was interested in the set. I found that this lasted quite a long time for me, I still had some on 7 hours after I had applied it. I may have to pick up one of these!
With only being really interested in 2 of the products in this set, I am glad that I didn't pick up this set. But it was a perfect one for my sister who loves gloss much more than me! Not to mention that since she already has a full size of the Nars, she gave me the mini from this set!
And lastly, the third installment of the Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip! As soon as I saw this one pop up at the beginning of July, I ordered it! I had been eyeing the Kat Von D, Ciate and Tarte for a bit already! The third set has a retail value of $84.00 CAD, not bad if you will use most of the products, especially the full size one.
Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip sampler - Fall's nude-ist edition to lip! This neutral lip set includes five deluxe and one full size lip product to help you achieve flawless nude lips.
In the third Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip kit you got (again in the order of the below swatches) -
- Ciate London - Liquid Velvet Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bitter Sweet (full size) - grey mink - to me this is a muted mauve, perfect for Fall! I am looking forward to wearing this shade in the Fall. Hoping that the Ciate formula is close to Too Faced.
- Buxom - Full-On Lip Cream in Dolly (deluxe sample) - sultry mauve - the Full-On Lip Creams are supposed to be a more pigmented version of Lip Polish. Like I said before, not a huge fan of gloss but I will give this a try! The shade looks really nice and I have heard that Dolly is their best selling shade.
- Kat Von D - Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Ludwig - nude fawn - when I had first seen the new shades this was the one that interested me the most. Looks like a great peachy nude! I didn't end up picking up the full size but as soon as I saw that this lip set had it, I had to have it! Looking forward to this one.
- Tarte - Rainforest Of The Sea Color Splash Lipstick in Rum Punch (deluxe sample) - nude - My sister had picked up a full size of the Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Color Splash Lipstick in Salt Lyfe, and loved the formula and told me I needed to try it out. The peachy shade of this one looked likes like something I would wear!
- Make Up For Ever - Artist Rouge C211 (deluxe sample) - rosewood - this is supposed to be a universally flattering shade. Not to cool, not to warm, just right! I have a full size of the Artist Rouge C105 and find them to be comfortable on the lips. Looking forward to giving this universally flattering shade a try!
- Bite Beauty - Multistick in Brioche (deluxe sample) - rich terracotta - these are supposed to be a multi-use type of formula, you can wear them on the eyes, lips and cheeks... I picked up another Bite Set that 2 of these, that I still haven't tried out, oops!, but this was a different shade than in that set! I am thinking that this might be a good shade for the cheeks. Haven't tried them out but looking forward to giving them a go.
I have said it before, but I love most of the Sephora Favorites set that they bring out! I think that they are a great way to try out a variety of products at a great price. As an added bonus, who doesn't like mini products?! I rarely get to finish up a full size product so having a mini size of a prodcut to try out to findout if I like them is a great way for me to try out a lot of products at a fraction of the cost.
I thought it would be good to see all 3 of the Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip kits together so you would be able to see the difference in each one. The top 2 are the first and third one and the bottom is the second one. I don't think you would go wrong with any of the 3. If you are a fan of gloss though, the second one would be the one for you. The first and third have more matte to traditional formulas. The Sephora Favorites are also a great way to try out more expensive brands at a fraction of the cost of one full size product.
With finally reading the inserts inside the Sephora Favorites - Give Me Some Nude Lip lip kits, it looks like they brought out a new one for each season! I wonder if they will bring out another one for Winter?! Will it be Gloss? Or Matte? or Traditional? Will I be picking it up or will my sister have to have to have it?!