I am getting my Trash up before the end of the next of month! I am now officially caught up on Trash and Boxy Charm! Now I will be able to finally write about something besides those 2 things!
It would appear that July was not a great month for using up products for me! I did manage to use up a few full size products, not a lot of samples again though, I really need to get on that again.
I used up a few full size products and a few deluxe size in July, not great but not bad either!
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes - They have changed the packaging on these makeup wipes that I get at Costco. But thankfully, they are the same product on the inside. Repurchase? Always!
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Rose Nose Strips - So I have figured out what the difference is between these and the ones I usually pick up, these are 'Rose' something! Not a fan of these ones and I have picked up the regular ones to see if I still like them. Repurchase? Not the the rose ones!
- Ole Henriksen Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths - I was not a fan of these face wipes at all. They didn't seem to be that 'moist' or wet as the Kirkland ones. They also didn't have any texture to the cloths so I felt that I needed to use more pressure to get anything off of my face. THe slight citrus scent was nice, but that was the only thing I liked about them. Repurchase? No
- The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel - I loved the scent of this body wash! Really helped to wake me up in the morning! It wasn't drying in the least and a little gave a lot of lather with a body poof. Repurchase? Yes!
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Daily Peel x3 - I used up 2 of the 'ultra gentle' formula and 1 of the original formula. It says that you can use these daily but I used them every other day. I did find that my face felt softer and that my creams absorbed into my skin faster on the days that I used these at night. I have 2 more of the original formula to use up and will use them quite happily. I am not sure if I would purchase these or not yet, maybe after I use the other 2? I do have a few other peels in this format to try as well. I can see that having the peel in this packaging would make it really easy if you were travelling, not something that I do much of right now. Repurchase? Not sure yet.
- Lancôme Bi-Facial Double Action Eye Makeup Remover - I really enjoy using this eye makeup remover! It doesn't make my eyes water and it actually gets off at least 95% of my eye makeup without a lot of wiping! I am not sure which I like better this or the Sephora brand one...I may pick up another of the Sephora one to see if I still like it! Repurchase? Probably!
- The Body Shop Shea Nourishing Body Butter - First off, I hate sticking my fingers in pots of creams! But that is about the only thing I don't like about The Body Shop Body Butters! They are very moisturizing and sink quickly into your skin. I do think, that for me, the body butters are better to use during the cooler months when my skin is drier. It was fine during July but I think I would see more benefit using them in the winter. Repurchase? Yes in the winter!
- The Body Shop Vanilla Chai Exfoliating Sugar Body Scrub - I love the smell of The Body Shop Vanilla Chai! But I wasn't the biggest fan of this body scrub. It didn't seem to have a lot of scrub to it. I like a body scrub with a bit more to it I think. It was great to try this out though, I love the scent! Repurchase? No
- Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye COncentrate - This has to be one the biggest eye cream samples I have had! I used this only at night and it lasted me almost 2 months! I liked how quickly it absorbed into my skin, didn't reallly seem to have a scent, whichi is nice around the eyes! Didn't make my eyes water or go blurry, all good things! I unfortuantly didn't notice any difference in my under eye area, no reduction in bags, lines or darkness. I didn't notice that they were more pronounced either so thats a good thing! Repurchase? Not sure? I wouldn't say no to another sample.
It was finally time to say good bye to my mini beauty blender! It had started to get a few tears in it and it just didn't feel the same after washing it anymore. I used this little guy everyday that I put makeup on for over a year before it got to this point, not to bad! It is the perfect size to use to blend out concealer in the undereye area and to put powder there as well. They aren't the cheapest sponge but for me I will always have one! I do have a new one on the go and another sitting waiting to be used when I need a new one. Repurchase? Yes.
I made a little dent in the perfume samples that I have amassed! I found 4 I like and one that is not for me at all. Tom Ford-ORchid Soleil, Prada-Luna Rossa, Elizabeth and james Nirvana Bourbon and Atelier Cologne-Silver Iris all worked well with my body chemistry and I enjoyed using them. Derek Lam 10 Crosby-Hi-Fi smelled horrible on me! I actually had to go back in the shower to wash it off thats how badly it smelled for me. Repurchase? I'm not sure if I would purchase any of these ones, they smelled great but nothing spectacular.
As you can see from the scents of the votives I burned in July, my house smelled kind of beachy! Lots of coconut. And 1 that I am not sure what scent it was! I have recently found a box with tea lights that I think are from Party Light form quite a while ago that I figured I might as well burn. The problem is, I don't know what scent they are! I haven't found one that has that great of scent yet so that can be a good thing, at least I don't have to try to track down a scent that I don't know what it is. I liked all of the Yankee Candle votives I burned except I didn't find that the Cherry Lemonade had much scent to it.
Not a bad month of empties! I used up a decent amount of product, making room for some new stuff soon I hope! I am still trying not to pick up new body lotion or scrubs until I use up what I have, still a ways to go!
Total of the products I have used up so far in 2017 -
- Hair and Body care - 5 (66)
- Deluxe/Travel size - 3 (26)
- Home Fragrance - 7 (37)
- Makeup - 0 (13)
- Tools - 1 (3)
- Samples - 8 (56)