I managed to use up quite a few full size products in August which is always nice to see! I used up some of the usual suspects and some new ones. Without further rambling lets see what I thought about these products.
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair system - I used up all the products that I was lucky enough to receive from Glam Sense quite awhile ago. The whole system has a nice fruity scent to it that isn't to strong. The shampoo cleaned my hair well, conditioner was good-not to heavy. I liked the Daily Styling Spray, it didn't leave my hair feeling crunchy or like I had alot of product in it. I didn't notice a huge difference in the amount of frizz I would get though. But that might be down to the fact that I only used the whole system once a week as I have a hair washing routine that I follow-Monday-Clarifying shampoo, Wednesday-Cleansing Conditioner and then Saturday is the day that I will use a regular shampoo/conditioner duo, hence why it takes me forever to finish hair products! Repurchase? I might pick up the Daily Styling Spray when I finish up some of the mass of product I have waiting to be used up.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - I usually go through one of these a month, not much new I can say about them. They are cheap and they don't shed! Repurchase? Always
- Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel - I use this as a toner day and night. This size bottle seems to last me a few months, not a bad deal at $14.61 + tax CAD. Repurchase? Usually!
- B&BW Fresh Sparkling Snow Foaming Hand Soap - I know a Winter scent in summer! I like the fresh fruity scent of this scent. We usually go through one of these a month, they work and smell great! Repurchase? Always when there is a good deal going on for them.
- B&BW Dancing Waters Hand Sanitizer - I have one of these attached to my purse at all times. I use this whenever I have to touch meat at the grocery store, stair railings when I am out, and just whenever I feel the need! They last forever for me! I have noticed lately that they seem to be a little more drying though and have to use some hand cream after using them. Repurchase? Most likely until I find one that isn't as drying.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + - My favorite face moisturizer! In the summer I usually only use this at night as I find it a little to much for during the day, but in the cooler months I use it in the morning and a heavier one in the evening. I am determined to use up the overwhelming stash of deluxe and sample size moisturizers that I have filling up a drawer so unfortunately I won't be picking this one up soon, unless my skin starts to freak out from using different ones! Repurchase? Once I get through my samples!
- The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask - I really liked this mask for my nose, it seems to really draw out the excess oils that I seem to be plagued with there! Since I only used it on my nose/where my pores are bigger, this jar lasted me forever! I use a brush to apply masks so I don't stick my fingers in the jar! The mask is very thick and has pieces of green tea leaves, makes for an interesting look when you are wearing it! It is a clay mask so I wouldn't use it any place that you are dry, but it is great for oily areas. Repurchase? Likely, again once I use up some of my stash.
- Jurlique Nutri-Define Superior Retexturizing Serum - One of the many serums I tryed out last year for the Elle Canada Beauty Grand Prix! I am finally getting around to giving the serums that I only had a week to test out for that. I didn't notice any big differences in my skin in the 2-3 months it took me to use up this serum, and for the price of it($120!!! on the Jurlique website), I would expect to. Repurchase? Not likely for $120.
- Schick Intuition Pure Norishment Razor refill - Another product that is usually in my trash! I pick these up at Costco and they are my razor of choice. I don't like/want to mess around with a lot of product at 430 am in shower! Repurchase? Always.
I managed to use up, and in one instance give up, on not much for makeup in August!
- L'OrealParis Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara - I picked this up thinking it would be great for my nephews wedding...not so much! I am glad that I had tried this out before the wedding! I know a lot of people swear by this mascara, but I unfortuantly, do not. It smudged and transfered on me worse than i think any other mascara! I would notice mascara smudging on my undereye area within 2 hours, even without putting mascara on my lower lash line. That was during a regular workday. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I actually cried with it on! Repurchase? No!
- Dior DiorSkin Forever Foundation (sample) - I was looking for a foundation that would last all day and not feel heavy on, as well as being a match for me in the summer. I went into Sephora wanting to try out the new Laura Mercier foundation, which I also got a sample of, and was recommended this one. I ended up loving this one! The color match was perfect and it felt like nothing on my skin. I would say that this is a solid medium coverage foundation, just about where I like it! Purchase? I am picking a bottle of this either during the VIB Fall Sale or the next Shopper's Drug Mart Bonus Redeemption!
- Nars Audacious Mascara (deluxe sample) - I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara! I wasn't expecting much from it, especially when I saw the brush. The brush on this looks like a torture device! But, OMG! I love how this makes my lashes look, they look longer, thicker and hold a curl so great whenever I use it! And the best part? NO Smudging! Purchase? Maybe? There are so many mascaras to try and so little time!
I barely used any samples yet once again... I really need to get on those again, maybe I should start picking them out again and putting them in the bathroom? Maybe that will help me to use more? I am going to have to do that as I am running out of full size skin care products at least!
- drybar Sake Bomb Shampoo and Conditioner - I really enjoyed using this sample, it had a great scent and my hair felt so soft afterwards. Purchase? Maybe during a sale.
- too cool for school Egg Cream Mask - I took this mask with me to Ohio the last weekend in August and I really enjoyed it! It provided a nice boost of moisture right when I needed it, the water in Ohio seemed very hard I was getting to be quite dry! There was also quite a bit of serum left in the package and I ended up using it the next day! Repurchase? Maybe if/when I need an extra moisture boost.
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Nose Strips x2 - I picked up the regular Nose strips at Dollarama to see if they were as nasty smelling as the last ones, luckily for me they are not! These nose strips work well to get the gunk out of the pores on my nose. Repurchase? Usually!
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Hydra-Gel Eye Patches - Another mask I took to Ohio! I was figuring I wouldn't get much sleep, new place, new city, alone in a hotel room, etc.. And I was quite right! I unfortunately didn't notice much of a difference after using this mask though. It did feel nice and cooling when I used it but there wasn't a lot of serum on the pads. My sister came to my hotel room door when I was using this and she said I looked jaundiced! They are fairly yellow looking wehn on in her defence. Repurchase? Not likely
- Bite Agave Lip Mask (sample) - I love the bite Agave Lip Mask, especially in the winter when my lips tend to get dry and chapped. I wouldn't normally use much of this lip mask in the summer months, but I took it with me to Ohio. I am so glad I did, I really needed the extra moisture! Purchase? I am thinking I may have to pick up a tube of this, maybe during the Fall sale.
I didn't burn very many candles last month, but i was away for a week! All four of the votives from Yankee Candle that I burned in August I love! Coconut Beach and Honey Lavender Gelato are new to me this year and they are really nice scents. Neither of them are exceptionally strong, just the right amount of scent to be able to smell them throughout the level of my house that I am burning them on. Bahama Breeze was a favorite from last year and I had picked up a couple more votives this year when they were on sale. The red tea light in the middle is, I think, Strawberry Lemonade. My sister had picked up a box of tealights and gave me a couple to try. It was nice but I find that the tealights that I have tried don't have a strong scent, they really only scent the room that you burning them in.
Total of the products I have used up so far in 2017 -
- Hair and Body care - 15 (81)
- Deluxe/Travel size - 1 (27)
- Home Fragrance - 5 (42)
- Makeup - 1 (14)
- Tools - 0 (3)
- Samples - 3 (59)