Still recovering from the nasty bug I caught, you seem to be getting better and than bam! back to feeling crappy again. Even though it may be a little late getting this post up, I still wanted to give you a peek at what came in in December.
I had placed this order during the November SDM spend your points event, but somehow my order didn't ship until December 1. SDM sent me out an apology email for the delay with a $20 off any purchase at BeautyBoutique.ca with free shipping for the delay, which I thought was great!
- Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + - I love this face moisturizer and so does my daughter! I picked this up to put in her stocking as she keeps asking me for some more!
- Urban Decay - Naked Skin Shapeshifter Palette - I had been looking at this contour palette for a while and almost picked it up when it was in the Sephora sale section, but this way I get to try it without spending any 'real' money on it. I picked up the 'Light-Medium' one.
- Chanel - Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup - I have heard good things about this foundation for more 'mature' skin, which as I am edging closer to the half century mark I think my skin definitely qualifies. I will let you know how I like it. I am in the shade 20 Beige.
- Stila - Play It cool Liquid Lipstick Set - I have been curious about the Still formula for awhile but than I forget about it, Sephora doesn't carry it in store. I thought that I would get the most use out of these shades-Baci-nude pink, Patina-dusty rose, and Bacca-raspberry. The only shade that I may not wear is Bacca, I don't usually stray to far from nude shades!
Went to B&BW during the candle event, candles were $10 CAD each! I can't remember if I liked how the candles burned/smelled from BBW so I figured I would pick up a few to try. Not to mention, that $10 for a huge 3 wick candle is great.
- Focus - Eucalyptus and Tea scent, sounds like it will be very good at helping to keep me on track.
- Snowflakes & Citrus - Fresh with some Citrus thrown in? Count me in.
- Chestnut & Clove -I like spicy scents, and I have to say, I kind of bought this one for the pattern on the jar!
I was lucky enough to be sent the December Womans Monthly Watch Club watch in December. It is a unique and beautiful Bamboo watch. Review to come soon!
Kat Von D - Metal/Matte mini palette - I ordered this as soon as it was available on the app from Sephora. I also had to order one for my brother-in-law for my sister. I missed out on the first Metal/Matte palette and really didn't want to miss out on this one.
I was contemplating picking up a few things from the MAC x Patrick Starr collection and an online offer pushed me over the edge! I believe it was spend $60 and get free express shipping plus a free Pro Eye Makeup Remover.
- Cleanse Off Oil sample - I already had a sample of this, but they are really small so I figured I would get another and maybe between the 2 I will be able to figure out if I like it or not.
- Patrick Starr Mama Starr - Mama Starr is on the darker end of the nude spectrum, I think I will get quite a bit of use out of it. And the packaging is beautiful.
- Patrick Starr Set Powder - This powder is said to be great for baking or dusting and is supposed to help blur pores. Thats quite a bit of claims for one small powder, we shall see how it is.
- Pro Eye Makeup Remover - I got this free with my order! I ordered when MAC was having a special of spending I think it was $60 CAD and you get free express shipping as well as a full size of the Eye Makeup Remover.
Just a few things that I got for Christmas!
- Old Navy Makeup Bag - This bag looks like it will be a great size to fit all my makeup in for whenever I go anywhere! It has the cutest print as well as being a great size.
- Tarte Tartlette in Bloom - I have had this palette on my Sephora list forever! I keep saying I am going to pick it up during a sale, but than a new shiny catches my eye and I forget about it. My sister said it pained it her to buy it for me because I probably have all these shades at least once in other palettes but she picked it up for me anyway.
- GlamGlow Bubblesheet Mask - I can't wait to try this out! I have been wanting to try out the bubble masks for awhile, but again I keep forgetting.
- Nars Man Ray Audacious Lipstick in Anita - I have been looking at this shade as well for a bit, I found Anna just not my favourite and gave it to my sister (who loves it!). Anita is a tad lighter in shade and I think it will be a great shade for everyday. Not to mention I love the formula of Nars Audacious Lipsticks!
- Death Toll and In The Dark books - My niece and her husband wrote these books and gave me signed copies of both. I can't wait to finish what I am reading and give these 2 a go.
I didn't find the Boxing Day Deals to be that great this year? Or maybe I am getting Makeup'd out?! Either way I didn't spend to much Boxing Day!
- Tarte No-Makeup Magic Set - I haven't tried out the Quench Lip Rescue so I thought this would be a great way to try the formula out, the shade in the set is 'Buff' a great neutral! Also in the set is a0.5 oz size of the brighter days moisturizer, and really, who can't use more moisturizer this time of year?!
- Boscia Charcoal Makeup Melter - A full size makeup remover for $15?! Count me in! Looking forward to trying out this makeup remover, bonus points for coming with a spatula so I don't have to stick my fingers in the tub.
- Origins Mini set - I think I remember liking the eye cream from Origins, so I picked up this set for it and to try out the other moisturizers as well.
I stopped in Walmart on my way out of the mall on Boxing Day and saw this Essie set that had Mint Candy Apple in, a shade I have been wanting to try, on sale for half price. I like Essie polish so I picked it up, surprisingly the lines were not that bad at all.
- Essie Holiday Mini Set - I was in Walmart on Boxing Day and saw this set...it was n for 50% off, so it came home with me! I have always wanted to try 'mint candy apple', now I can along with 4 other shades.
I had gotten an email from The Bay about their Boxing Day sale, so I checked out the makeup section of course! I saw this MAC Look In A Box - Sweet And Dreamy, and saw that it had a few things I was interested in on for under $50 CAD, Put that in my cart than went looking for something small to add to my cart for free shipping!
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5%+EGCG Eye cream - I keep trying to pick up this eye serum but it is always out of stock, luckily for me it was in-stock at the bay? I didn't even know they carried The Ordinary! I just happened upon it while looking for something small to get me to the free shipping threshold.
- Mac Look In A Box-Sweet And Dreamy - This set was on sale at The Bay for Boxing week, I paid under $50 for the set! I keep picking up the shade 'Kinda Sexy' whenever my sister and I go to the Mac store , as well I have been wanting to try a pencil eye liner from them as I have good things about them. Both these items in the set for under $50?! Plus 2 eyeshadows, a blush and highlighter and a mascara, all full size?! You know it was quickly in my cart!
So I think I ended up with some really good products to try out, some new to me and some I have been wanting for awhile! Some gifted and some bought by me!