Better late than never, right? For the last few days of 2017 and into the first couple of weeks of 2018 I have been lucky enough to be fighting a nasty bug! I was down and out for almost a week and am just now starting to feel like I have a bit of energy to spare. I hope the start of your new year has gone better than mine, and that you don't end up sick!
I didn't end up using that much for the last month of 2017, but not a bad amount. I managed to use up some products that have been hanging around for forever it seems. Sad to have used up the last of my Weekly Pantene Shampoo because I can no longer find it in stores anymore. But it will give me a chance to try out new weekly shampoos!
I didn't manage to use up a lot of products for the last month of 2017, but at least I managed to clear out the shower abit!
- Pantene Pro-V Weekly Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo- I use this shampoo once a week to help remove build up of styling products. It was one of the best, especially for the price! I usually was able to pick this up at Walmart for under $4 CAD a bottle. I can't find this in any stores anymore, I have looked Walmart, SDM, Rexall, Loblaws, No Frills, pretty much any store that I am in I have looked to no avail. I checked on Amazon and it is $16 CAD a bottle, I am not paying that for something I could get for under $4. I have picked up a different Clarifying shampoo to try, hopefully it works just as well. Repurchase? If I can ever find it in store!
- Joico K-Pak Shampoo- I have had this sitting in my drawer of products to use up forever! I do like Joico products, but since I used up the conditioner that went with this a while ago I just kind of forgot about it. KPak has a great kind of fruity scent to it? And is great for damaged hair, which I no longer have since I stopped working in a salon! It lathers well and leaves my hair feeling soft without being to tangled. Repurchase? If my hair was to become more damaged and I felt the need for a really hydrating shampoo I might.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads- Repeat product! Always in my Trash posts. I don't feel that I need to spend a lot on cotton pads and these ones from Dollarama do the job for me. Repurchase? Always.
- B&BW Eucalyptus Mint Foaming Hand Soap- Another product that is usually in my Trash posts in one scent or another! I like the Eucalyptus scent, its not flowery or overpowering at all. There isn't much to say about the hand soap, except, always wait for sales! BBW is always doing some sale or other and I think the hand soaps go on sale at least every other month if not every month. Repurchase? Always, in some scent!
- Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment- This is an ok hair mask, it isn't the most moisturizing one I have tried before. It has a strong scent to it, kind of like perfumed tea? It isn't bad, just different! I used this after doing my weekly clarifying treatment and I was able to get a comb through my hair after! I found that I had to use quite a bit of this to get it through all of my hair. Repurchase? I don't think so, especially not for $16.oo CAD for this 1 oz size.
- The Body Shop British Rose Fresh Plumping Face Mask- I liked this mask, except for the scent. It is very heavily scented, probably due to the fact that it has pieces of roses in it. I don't usually mind a lot of scent, but something about the rose in this one was a little to much for me. The mask did however make my face feel very moisturized. Repurchase? Not sure, the scent kind of throws me, but I like the way it makes my face feel.
- KNC Beauty All Natural Collagen Infused Lip Mask- This was from my November-Sweater Weather Boxy Charm box. For me it was a miss, it wouldn't stay on my face! The mask was way to big for my lips, and it didn't seem to moisturize any more than a chap stick would have. I didn't notice any plumping at all either. Repurchase? No
A few deluxe size mascara samples I was trying out from the SDM Mascara Sampler.
- Clarins Mascara Supra Volume- Not going to say to much about this one
- Clinique Chubby Lash- Not going to say to much about this one as you will be able to see soon, I had an eye stye when I tried this one out so I can't really comment to much on it. Repurchase? Not sure?
- Benefit Gimme Brow- While I enjoy using this when I have it, I don't really need the fibres for my brows... It is a great option if you need to fill in sparse brows, but if you only need some tint try Essence! Repurchase? Doubt it, but I wouldn't say no to more samples of it!
- Tarte Lash Curler pad- I have been thinking that I needed to change the pad on my eyelash curler but I couldn't for the life of me find the replacement one that came with it! I was doing a re-organization of my makeup and finally found it! Repurchase? Either new pads, if I can find them or a new Tarte lash curler, it just seems to fit my eye shape.
In December I tend to bring out a few of the more Christmas-y scents that I have in bigger sizes, I still haven't managed to use them up though! I did however manage to use up a few smaller sizes.
- Gingerbread Maple votive- I really liked this scent, it has a great spicy ginger scent with just a hint of sweet. Repurchase? Probably next year.
- Pink Sands Small Pillar- I like the fresh scent of this, it has a hint of floral but not overpowering. I still have a few votives of this one, I think! Repurchase? Yes
- Spiced Pumpkin votive- Another great spicy scent! This is a scent I definitely think of for Fall. Smells perfect when you are starting to have to have the house closed up for the cooler weather. Repurchase? Next Fall!
- Sugared Apple votive- I think this is one of the few Apple scents I like, I am usually not a fan of fake of apple but Yankee seems to have gotten this one right. It has an apple scent with a hint of sweet, great for Christmas time. Repurchase? Next Holiday season.
Total of the products I have used up for 2017 -
- Hair and Body care - 6 (119)
- Deluxe/Travel size - 4 (44)
- Home Fragrance - 4 (60)
- Makeup - 1 (17)
- Tools - 1 (4)
- Samples - 0 (84)
Not bad totals for the year! I appear to go through Hair and Body care products the most! Makes sense since it is the largest area to cover! I wish I could have gotten through more of the Sample Stash though, it is still growing! I am a fan of online shopping and that is were I tend to get the most samples, in-store at Sephora they seem to be really stinging about giving them out. Not that I need any more samples! I really don't go through much Makeup in a year, maybe I need to get on that!
Maybe 2018 is the year that I make a real dent in the Sample Stash? Or Makeup front? Probably will be the Hair and Body Care section though! What about you, what do you think you use up the most of in a year?