I know I am REALLY late getting this up but once again, under the weather over here. This has been the worst year yet for me so far with regards to catching things! I have once again come down with some kind of virus that has litterily knocked me on my ass again. I could barely get off the couch let alone do anything else. Hoping that was the last one though.
Enough of feeling sorry for myself, lets get on with what I used up over the past month.
Even though I was ill for most of the month I still managed to get through quite a bit of product. It helped that some were close to being empty last month :). In December I started reorganizing my stash and I hopefully have a system now that lets me find the products! It isn't the prettiest system but I think I have finally found a system that lets me find my products! It has made me realize that I really do not need any more of certain things!
As usual I used up the most product in the Face and Body department!
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes x2 (30 and 15) - There really isn't much more to say about these wipes, other than I think they are just about the best deal I can get! Costco in case you have missed me talking about them before! Repurchase? Always
- Olay Moisture Outlast Body Wash - I am not even sure where this came from, Olay isn't the body wash I normally pick up! Even with that, it wasn't a bad body wash, it got me clean and didn't leave my skin feeling like the Sahara. There wasn't much of a scent to speak of, or not that I could smell anyway. Repurchase? Not sure, it didn't wow me at all.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - Another definite repeat empty for me. Another Dollarama find. I just can't see myself spending that much for cotton pads. I get 100 for $1.25, where else can you get a deal like that?! They don't leave fluff behind and don't soak up a lot of product, definite win for me. Repurchase? Always
- B&BW Snowflakes & Cashmere 24 hour moisture Ultra Shea Body Cream - Another repeat product, just almost always in different scents. The Snowflakes & Cashmere scent was good at first, but I found by the end of the tube I was more than ready for something else. I have been finding that a lot lately with the products from B&BW, do you? Repurchase? Always on sale.
- Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover - A product that I purchased the full size after using a sample size! I really like the Sephora brand eye makeup remover. It doesn't bother my eyes and can easily get off all my eye makeup with little rubbing, always a good thing on the eye area. You do have to shake this up to mix it, it does separate in the bottle. Repurchase? I can definitely see me repurchasing! Trying out another one right now though!
- B&BW Twisted Peppermint Foaming Hand Wash - B&BW again! Another repeat item for me! We always have 3 in use at all times at home. I like the Twisted Peppermint scent, but again by the end of the bottle I am ready for something different! Repurchase? Again, always on sale!
- Roger & Gallet Le Soin Aura Mirabilis Legendary Fluid - I was lucky enough to receive this serum from Glamsense to try out. The serum was quick to sink in and didn't leave a sticky feeling behind. I found that for me and my combo skin, it worked best at night. I could get away with using it during the day but I did find that my face got a little more shiny than I like by the afternoon. I didn't find that it did anything miraculous for my face ut I did enjoy using using it. Repurchase? It was just ok, I don't think I will seek it out.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir - I used this up while I was sick, my skin took a beating during this time as I really wasn't;t taking care of it as I should have been, jus too energy for much. I mostly used this up when ever my face started feeling tight from being dry. It helped cool my face and added in some much needed moisture. I didn't think it was doing much, but now that it is gone I am kind of missing it. I wasn't the biggest fan of the scent though, it is quite strong. Repurchase? Maybe, but I think I will look into something with a lighter scent.
- Neat & Easy DeepPore Cleansing Nose Strips - Dollarama find, again! I haven't been taking the best care of my skin this past month and only used up 1 of these. Hopefully I can get back on track this month. Repurchase? Usually!
- Roger & Gallet Le Soin Aura Mirabilis Legendary Cream - Another Glamsense product! This was a great night cream for me. It is quite heavy for me, so I couldn't use it during the day under makeup. But at night it was great. I would use it at night and wake up to moisturized skin. It didn't make me break out at a ll which is nice! Using it only at night the tub lasted me quite a long time. It has a light scent but nothing overpowering and it quickly faded away. Repurchase? Maybe?
I used up a few Beauty products and a few tosses.
- Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner - I picked this up to clean my brushes and was surprised at how well it did. It made cleaning my brushes a little less of a chore. Much easier to just wet the bristles and than swirl in the solid and rinse! It easily cleaned most of my makeup brushes. It does take more work to get foundation brushes clean though, it takes a few times for those. But for a budget brush cleanser it worked great! Repurchase? Already have!
- The Ordinary High-Spreadability Fluid Primer - I really should get back to reviewing products again! It is so hard to keep it short and sweet about products in Trash posts! I really wanted to try out this primer, I thought it would be great under quite a few foundations, and I was right! I love this primer, it feels so light and I think it really does help to make my makeup last longer! Repurchase? Already have!
- PUR Complexion Sponge - I got this sponge in Boxy Charm and have started using a sponge to apply foundation. I hated this sponge though, it is so hard! If this was the first sponge I had tried I would not have wanted to try another. It never really puffed up nor got soft, and yes I wet it! I also wasn't a fan of having the PUR imprint on the sponge! That never went away after wetting it either. Purchase? Nope
- Real Techniques Complexion Sponge - Now this is a sponge I liked! It doubles in size when you wet it! I loved how my foundation looked when I used it, the downside was that this one has started to fall apart with less than a months use. I have done some searching and found that quite a few people have said that lately. Maybe there was a bad batch? I got my sister to pick me up some more while she was visiting her son in Ohio so I will be seeing if maybe it was that one? and mot how they regularly wear. Repurchase? Already have.
I remembered the Sample Stash!
- Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfecting Foundation - When I first tried the Too Faced foundation, I didn't like it all. Than I tried it with the Real Techniques sponge, I liked it so much better using that. It lasts fairly decently but I do find that I 'feel' it towards the end of the day. Purchase? Not sure right now, I do have quite a few foundations on the go!
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit - I am not sure if this is empty or dried up, either way I can't get much out anymore. The shade Birthday Suit was in the Sephora 2017 Birthday gift and I feel in love with it! My daughter gave me her mini as she didn't like the shade on herself so I do have another mini. Purchase? Yes, I already bought a full size.
- Mugler-Angel perfume - This is one of my favourite scents in the cooler months. I have quite a few samples of it so I should be good for awhile yet. Purchase? Maybe
- Laneige Water Ban Moisture Cream - This is a great moisturizer for the cooler months. I have used up quite a few samples of this and tend to pull it out when it gets particularly cold out. It is to heavy for me to use on a regular basis or in the warmer months. Purchase? Maybe
- Mac Cleanse Off Oil - This was just ok. It isn't my favourite makeup remover by any means! I was using it on a cotton pad, but went through the bottle very quickly and it didn't do a great job at all on removing. I have since looked up the product and found that you are supposed to use it with your hands, oops. Good thing I have another sample of it! Purchase? Ill try the other sample first
- DevaCurl Buildup Buster - I was hoping that I would like this as much as the Pantene Weekly shampoo that I can't seem to find in stores anymore. Sadly, this is not going to be a substitute for me. My hair didn't feel deep cleansed at all after using this. Purchase? No
- Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation - I wanted to try out this foundation again as there was one last mega redemption at SDM before they merged the points system. I remembered liking it but also that I couldn't fathom spending that much on a foundation, $70 CAD! Needless to say, I tried it and liked! Purchase? Yes!
- Mac Prep+Prime Skin Base - My last sample size of this. I like how this makes my skin feel and I think it helps with makeup application. Purchase? Already did.
- Clinique DDM+ - My favourite moisturizer! I opened this sample size to take on a trip and wanted to use it up. I find that this moisturizer works great all year round for me. In the summer I mostly use it at night and in cooler months I can use it during the day or at night. Love it! Purchase? Already have.
- Liquid blender cleanser - I wasn't expecting much from this sample, its a liquid soap! It does an amazing job on foundation/concealer/ any brush that you use cream products on! It seems to easily break up the cream products, better than anything else I have used, even my solid brush cleaner. Purchase? I may have to, either this or maybe Ill try the Real Techniques one.
It looks like I didn't burn much last month.
- B&BW Twisted Peppermint Wallflower - I use the wallflowers in my basement, were the litter box is! I think my sense of smell is changing, I used to love the Twisted Peppermint scent, not so much anymore. Repurchase? Maybe?
- B&BW Stress Relief Fragrance Melt x2 - I must have thrown away the other package, I picked this up hoping that it would make breathing easier when my nose was stuffed up. Sadly there wasn't enough of an Eucalyptus scent to these, I ended up putting a few extra drops of Eucalyptus oil in the melted wax. Repurchase? Not for helping during Cold and Flu season!
I think I did a pretty good job of using up product last month! Thank you for sticking it out with me this past year of hardly posting, especially in regards to reviews! Hopefully once I am feeling back to at least 75% I can really start getting back to my little place here. I do miss it, but getting back isn't the easiest once you have taken a break! I am really hoping by the spring that I get my groove back!