It's that time of the month, no not that time! Its time to see what I managed to use up for the month of March. I am happy to report that I am slowly but surely getting through an overabundance of backlogged products.
I am happy with the amount of product I used up for the month of March, a nice mix of Skin, Hair, Body, Home Fragrance with a small amount of Makeup thrown in for good measure! Now if only I could have remembered to use up some samples as well...oh well you can't have everything! Maybe next month!
On to my thoughts on what I used up in March.
Lets start with Hair, Face, and Body Trash
- Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner-I am not sure where or when I got this shampoo and conditioner duo... I can say that the they did smell great though! Just like coconuts. I didn't notice that they did anything great for my hair, they were nice though. I think I liked the scent more than anything. The conditioner wasn't very moisturizing, it did an ok job but I don't think it would be great if you had much damage to your hair. Repurchase? I doubt it, they just didn't wow me.
- Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Towelettes-A repeat Costco product that is almost always in my empties. Repurchase? Always.
- Roger & Gallet Le Soin Aura Mirabilis Extra-Fine Cleansing Mask- I was lucky enough to get this one from Glamsense to try out last year? It think. It was a nice enough 'mask', but I mostly used it as a cleanser. It did a good job of cleansing my face without stripping it, my face didn't feel tight after using it. It has a light almost non-existent scent that did not linger at all. Repurchase? Maybe.
- Belif The Truth Cream-I used this moisturizer at night as it took awhile to soak into my skin. It was ok, not the best but certainly not the worst I have tried. I think this moisturizer would be better for someone with drier skin than me, it would probably sink in quicker. Repurchase? I doubt it unless my skin goes back to dry again.
- Caudalie Vine(Activ) Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream-I really liked this eye cream. It was very moisturizing and so I used it mostly at night, I am not sure how it would do under makeup for me as my under eye area doesn't seem to be that dry. I didn't notice that it did anything great for me, but I didn't wake up with dry under eyes! Repurchase? Maybe? It was a nice eye cream.
- Mac Cleanse Off Oil-This was my second sample of this and this time I used it properly, thanks Stashy! I just put a small amount on my hands and massaged it into dry skin. I don't think I am a fan of cleansing oils though, they seem to be kind of messy. It did do a great job of breaking up makeup without any adverse affects on my skin. I just found it a little awkward to use. I like my remover to either be used on a cotton pad or be thick enough that it wont run down my hand! Repurchase? No.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Chia Body Butter-I love the scent of The Body Shop Vanilla Chai! It smells just like a Starbucks Chai Latte. The Body Shop butters are great in the winter months for me when my skin is drier, but not so much in the warmer months. I will happily use them in the cooler months but than they sit around in the Summer. Repurchase? Probably next winter.
- Neat & Easy Deep Cleansing Green Tea Nose Strips-They have changed these nose strips again...This one is ok, its not as heavily scented as the last ones. They do the job of cleaning out my pores on my nose and I think they work just as well as the Biore ones. Repurchase? Probably.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum-I was looking forward to trying out this serum as I have good things about it. And I did like for the most part, but my bottle had a defective pump, the pump only worked for about a week and than whenever I tried to use the pump the serum would come out all around the base of the pump. Because of this I ended up having to unscrew the lid and carefully pour out the serum to apply it to my face. I didn't notice any fading in the age spot I have on my cheek, although I used this serum daily for about 2 months. I loved the scent though, light citrus-y, the scent didn't linger long on my face though. I didn't notice a difference in my wrinkles either, maybe I needed to use it longer? Repurchase? I doubt it, only due to the issue I had with the pump.
I burned a few votives last month, my house smelled a mixture of all the seasons! My favourite out of the 5 I burned last month had to be the Black Coconut though, it makes me think of summer! Beach Walk is also a nice refreshing scent. North Pole smells like Candy Canes. Costal Waters is another refreshing scent that just kind of lifts your mood. Harvest was my least favourite but still wasn't bad, just not my favourite out of the ones I burned last month. Repurchase? I always pick up the Yankee Candle votives on sale, usually for $1 CAD, to me quite worth it at that price.
Last month I managed to finish up 2 full size products!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer-I had a sample of this primer and now I can't see myself being without it. It gives a little extra boost of hydration with a very slight correcting. I still have to use a color corrector but I just love how it helps to make my concealer not crease and last longer than without it. Repurchase? I already have.
- Mac Fling Eye Brow Pencil-Even though this eye brow pencil doesn't;'t have a spool on the end it is still my favourite. The color Fling is a great match for my dark blonde hair. The formula just seems to lid eon without tugging and lasts all day for me. Repurchase? I have a few backups already!
- Ran Perfect Canvas Serum/Primer-I was recommended to try this serum/primer out by Scarlet who does my eyebrows at Sephora. I like it ok, it is very similar to The Ordinary High-Spreadability Fluid Primer. It has the same consistency and does do a great job of helping to keep my makeup in place and providing a smooth surface to blend over. Repurchase? I doubt it, The Ordinary is a fraction of the price and preforms the same.
- Dior Forever Undercover Foundation in 32-I wanted to try out this foundation to see if it was as good as the Dior Forever, it isn't! I was not a fan of the Undercover foundation. I found that it settled into pores and that I was an oily mess by midday. For me it didn't last near as long as the Forever. I will be picking up the Dior Forever during the Spring Sephora sale. Repurchase? Nope
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara-This was one of the samples from my SDM mascara sampler. I was not a fan of this one so even though it isn't finished I don't want to use it anymore, the racoon look is not the look I want during a work day. Repurchase? Nope
I know I have used up a Burts Bees Vanilla lip balm, but for the life of me I can't find the empty tube! That is my favourite scent/flavour of the Burts bees, I find it to be moisturizing without the traditional waxy feel of a lip balm.
I am happy with the amount of products I used up last month and hopefully I can use up quite a few for the month of April, maybe even more samples! I am glad that I tried out a sample of the Dior Undercover foundation before I bought it, if I had bought it it would have gone back. Do you get samples of foundation before you buy them? Or do you just go ahead and purchase them? What is your favourite foundation? Anything here that you have had a different experience with? Did I use something wrong again?! Let me know!