Again with getting on top of my Trash in a timely manner! I think that after 6 months of my new work schedule I may have figured out how to manage my time a bit better.
I was quite surprised when I emptied out the bag that I use to hold my empties for the month and saw how much I ended up using up. Its always satisfying to see that I am actually using some things up, it also helps to show my other half that yes I do need that when I go and buy more stuff!
If you are interested in what I thought of what I used up last month grab a beverage and keep reading!
I managed to use up more than I thought I had in Hair, Body and Skincare products in April.
- Fluffs Cotton Pads - I think I have talked these to death around here! I don't spend a lot on cotton pads, these are $1.25 for 100 at Dollarama. Repurchase? Always
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes - another repeat product, this time from Costco! I use these after I have used a makeup remover and before I use my Clarisonic. Repurchase? Always
- South Mane Under Eye Gels - I had meant to use this eye gels I got in Boxy Charm and than used 1 and forgot... It was nice and didnt slip around on my face to much. Boxy puts a value of $10 for 3 of these, which isn't bad but I will hold out my thoughts until I use them more. Repurchase? Not sure yet
- Swiss Line Cell Shock Anti Wrinkle Serum - This was my favourite serum from the Elle Canada Grand Prix that I was lucky enough to be a part of, and yes it was awhile ago! After having used this up, I can't say that it would be my favourite anymore. It may be that it was old? Not sure, but for $230 CAD I had hoped for more. Repurchase? No
- B&BW Fresh Sparkling Snow Foaming Hand Soap - Another repeat product in some scent or other. The B&BW Foaming Hand Soaps have been out soap of choice at our sinks for awhile. Repurchase? Usually!
- Olay Pro X Anti-aging Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser - My daughter had picked up the Olay version of a Clarisonic and this cleanser came with it. She didnt like it so gave it to me. I have to say that I wouldn't use this cleanser with a facial cleansing device. There is grit in the cleanser and to me if you were using that with one it would be to harsh. I used this up in the shower and it was ok. I wasn't a huge fan of the scent, a little to soapy smelling for me. Repurchase? No
- Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel - Sorry about all the repeat products! But at least you know that these are my favourites. I use the Thayers Witch Hazel in the morning after washing my face and before I use my skincare products. I tried to go without this, but after a week and a half I was missing it and had a few breakouts so I promptly went and picked up another bottle. Repurchase? For the forseeable future.
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask - This mask is actually a deluxe sample that I had gotten, probably from Sephora. I have been using this on my nose instead of the nose strips to see if it could do a better job. It doesn't pull out quite as much as the strips but I think it is gentler. It does take awhile to dry enough to peel it off but thats ok. I think that I will continue to use this type of product for my clogged pores and see if it continues to pull the gunk out without damaging my skin. Repurchase? Maybe, when I run out of samples...
- Bioderma Sensibo H2O Micelle Solution - I have to admit that I picked this up because everyone is always saying how great it is. It is good as a first step in removing makeup, but it wasn't able to remove waterproof mascara for me. I have a few more Micelle solutions to try out but I do think I liked this one. I tend to use a separate Eye Makeup Remover for my eyes anyway. Repurchase? Maybe, unless I find one I like better.
- Briogeo Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection & Heat Protectant Creme - Another Boxy product! It took me forever to use this up. I rarely blow-dry my hair but I do like to put a styling creme in my hair after I wash it. This creme seemed to help with frizz and when I did flat iron my hair on the second day it seemed to help it stay straighter. Repurchase? I doubt it, it didn't impress me that much, although I also don't blow dry my hair..
- Schick Intuition razor refill - Repeat offender here again. I got these refills at Costco and this is my razor of choice. When you are getting in the shower at 4am, you don't want to messing around with shaving cream + a razor! Not to mention the fact that I have never nicked myself since I started using these. Repurchase? yes!
- L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream - My husband I used this at night when we were watching tv and we both liked it. It dries quickly without leaving a greasy feeling on your hands. It helped both of us to not have dry cracked hands over the winter. Repurchase? We will have to see if it is our favourite after we finish up the backlog I seemed to have amassed...
I didnt think I had used very many samples last month, but pictures don't lie! Of the 2 foundation samples (Dior Forever Skin and Nars Natural Radiant, I much preferred the Dior. After wearing the Nars one for a few hours my face got really shiny and not in a good way. I have had samples of the Dior before and liked it a lot but it has been out of stock on both Sephora and Beauty Boutique, but they did have a bottle of my shade in store at Sephora so I picked it up during the sale. The Dr Belmeur samples had barely enough product in them for one use, so I can't say much about them they were just ok. I really like the Liquid Blendercleanser for cleaning foundation off of brushes. I got the Cetaphil samples from Sample Source, they are nice and light feeling on the skin. The Cleanser does not foam up at all. The other samples were ok, nothing groundbreaking that I need to run out and pick up a full size right away though.
Benefit They're Real Mascara is the only Makeup product I used up last month, and I didnt really use it up! I went to use it and it had dried up! I do like this mascara even though it is a plastic wand. I can't remember when I opened this sample so its probably for the best that it is dried out! I do have more samples and even a full size of this that I was lucky enough to score from the Sephora Rewards Bazaar.
I only managed to burn 3 votives last month, I guess my house wasn't to stinky?! Either that or I wasn't home much! I liked all 3 of these scents, none were to sweet. I am surprised that I liked the Salt Water Taffy, I don't usually go for those scent anymore. I'm not even sure where I got that one! My sister probably gave it to me!
I am quite surprised and happy about what I used up last month, a lot of full size products. Some of them were new to me and some not so new. Hopefully I can keep up with using up samples and such, it would be nice to get rid of some of them! Any hints/ideas on how I can get to using them up?