Still the first week in June, and I am getting through my Trash!
I am continuing to use up what I have and starting to go through some products (mascaras!) that have just been open for to long and have dried up. I think I have a fairly good showing of products, a lot more samples than I thought I had used up. I do still have quite the mess of samples and back ups of products that I need to get through, one product at a time.
If you are interested in reading about what I thought about these products, keep reading!
I used up a few products that I will need to repurchase sooner rather than later.
- Pantene Pro-V Radiant Color Shine Cleansing Conditioner- This is the best Cleansing conditioner I have found. I usually use a cleansing conditioner in the middle of the week instead of washing my hair with shampoo. I can't seem to find this one in stores anymore though, but I have found it for a reasonable price on Amazon so an order is in store for that. Repurchase? Yes
- Fluffs Cotton Puffs- A repeat product that will probably be forever in empties for me. heap at Dollar, $1.25 for 100. Repurchase? Y Already have.
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes- And yet another repeat product! I great price at Costco, just under $15 for 150 wipes. Repurchase? Already have.
- Smith's Rosebud Salve Balm- My sister picked this up for me a while ago as we had heard good things about this lip balm. She picked me up the tube as she knows how much I like sticking my fingers in products, NOT! I liked this fine, I usually used it at night as it is really thick and the tube gets pretty messy. I had to wipe around the cap at least once a month. Repurchase? Not sure
- Sephora Micellar Cleansing Milk- I picked up this Cleansing Milk on Clearance at Sephora to try it out, I wasn't to impressed with it though. It was a fairly thick consistency though, kind of weird. It did an ok job of removing face makeup, but it stung my eyes if it got close. Repurchase? No
- Burt's Bees Hydrating Coconut & Pear Lip Balm- I think I got this one in a Holiday pack, but I could be wrong! My favourite Burt's Bees lip balm is the Vanilla one, but this Coconut & Pear one was pretty good to. I kept this one in the car and it didn't seem to melt during the warmer months. It wasn't so hard either though that it tugged, just right for a lip balm for me. Repurchase? Maybe
- Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray- I think I got this in the goodie bag from Gen Beauty last year, but again, I could be wrong. I had high expectations from this leave in conditioner, sadly it didn't live up to them. It was ok, just nothing earth shattering for the price of a full size. Repurchase? Doubt it
- Marc Anthony Bye Bye Frizz 3 Day Shine Keratin Heat Protect Flat Iron Spray- I have had this flat iron spray for quite awhile and just realized that it was a flat iron spray...I have REALLY got to start reading bottles! I never used this as a flat iron spray! I used this usually on second day hair to help tame the frizz that I would get. It works great for getting rid of frizz without weighing down my hair or making it feel like its coated. Repurchase? Maybe
- Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Marine Boosting Mist- This was my last sample size bottle of this and I have to say, this last bottle didn't seem as good as the previous one. It may be that my face is no longer on the drier side anymore though because I did really like this before. This time not so much. Repurchase? Not in the foreseeable future, maybe if I get dry again.
- Murad Eye Lift Firming Treatment- A deluxe sample from quite awhile ago... You are supposed to use this eye cream as sort of a mask, it came with a few under eye pads that you were supposed to use with the cream. You were to use 5 pumps under each eye and than put the pads on and let it sit for 10-15 minutes and than pat in the remaining product, to me the cream took forever to absorb into my skin Also you are supposed to use it 3 times a week. I didn't notice a difference when I used this other than the fact that it took so long to absorb. Nothing groundbreaking for me. Repurchase? No
- Dr Brandt PoreDermabrasion Pore Perfecting Exfoliator- A Boxy Charm product, from October 2017! I really enjoyed using this a few times a week in the shower, it really seemed to give me a good clean. I will say that I have not noticed any difference in the look of my pores after having used this a few times a week since I got it. For that reason alone, I don't think it is worth the price, $68.00 CAD. I was quite happy to use it up though, still on the hunt for a good face exfoliator though. Repurchase? Doubt it.
- TBS Satsuma Energizing Body Butter- TBS Satsuma scent is one of my favourites from them. I like to use TBS Body Butter in the Winter months as they are fairly thick and I find that they do wonders for my skin when it is drier. I don't tend to use this type of lotion in the warmer months, I tend to use B&BW body lotion more now. Repurchase? Probably in the Fall.
I managed to use up a few samples last month, not as many as the previous month, but still not bad. The 2 shampoo and conditioners duo didn't impress me at all, there was barely enough product in them for one use for me. I wasn't a fan of the IGK Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel, it felt like it left a film on my hair and I had to wash my hair the next day each time I used it. I did not like the Hourglass Illusion Foundation at all, it settled in every pore and fine line on my face within an hour of having applied it no matter what primer or powder I used. It also felt heavy on my face, I felt like I was wearing foundation all day and couldn't wait to wash my face when I got home. The Hourglass Veil primer was ok, not the best I have used but also not the worst. The Algenist eye cream didnt do anything earth shattering for my underlies, but I also was only able to use it for a few days. It did feel nice and didnt irritate the area at all.
I am not sure how long a couple of these mascaras were open, so I tried them all out again!
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes- I got the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes mascara last year when I made my first purchase from CT. I got a full face set that this was included in and was hoping it would be great. I love how it makes my lashes look, it seemed to give me volume and helped to hold a curl for awhile. Unfortunately it smudged within a few hours, no matter what powder or concealer combo I tried. Repurchase? Nope
- Lancome Hypnose Drama- I finally used up my sample from the SDM Mascara Sampler! And I did use this one up! If you read my post on this mascara, it was the one from that set that I used my certificate to get a full size. Repurchase? Already have.
- Benefit Roller Lash- Another mascara from the SDM Mascara Sampler! This was another mascara that I liked and it was between this and the Lancome one for the full size. Roller Lash gives me volume and length and also makes it so I don't have to curl my lashes, but when I do it holds the curl all day. Repurchase? Maybe, if I ever run out of samples!
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes- I used to like the Tarte Light, Camera, Lashes a lot but this tube just didnt do much for me. It gave me some volume but wasn't able to hold a curl throughout the day and it did start to smudge after about 4 hours. Repurchase? Doubt it.
I find that as the weather gets nicer and I have the windows open more, I tend to forget about burning candles. I liked all 3 of these votives a lot, my favourite out of them was the Coconut Beach though. I just love that scent! The Energy Wallflower smelled great and I would definitely pick up another one, it really did help to make the basement smell better!
Not a bad amount of empties, I used up some good things that I will miss and a few that I am not sorry to see gone! I have a hard time giving up on products, or even just throwing out ones that don't work for me. I am trying to get better at passing on those products that I can that just don't work for me. Do you keep trying to use up products even though they really don't work that great for you? Or am I the only one?! Have you used up anything great lately? Let me know what it was!